Moparts

SB Hyd roller lifters....

Posted By: LAD 524

SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/14/09 08:30 AM

Hey guys, other than the Comp hyd rollers (8920-16) who else makes a juice roller lifter for a SB?

The Comps are very pricey, what other alternatives are there?

Also out of curiosity, what kinda spring/seat pressure can OEM roller lifters take? I know they're different to the drop in Comp Cams lifters, but this is for a custom gig

Any info would be killer thanx !!

Rat
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/14/09 12:56 PM

my 100,000 mile stock roller lifters

have 2 yrs so far with a lunati 60710 voodoo roller cam-.485 lift and comp 901 springs

has stock oil through roller lifters,push rods,stock rockers

oils both the rocker shafts and through the lifters/PR

maybe thats a starting point for you,not much over stock right there..so I would say thats the lowest you can go performance wize

some one here on the board had some real nice roller lifters with some mods to them that fixed some of the probs with sb rollers

some thing about uncovering the oil gally or something

maybe the will chime in I think it was OU812

Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/14/09 01:51 PM

The ones ou812 has are solid rollers with the advantage that the link bar is toward the inside of the engine so no block clearancing is needed. And they pressure oil the roller too if I remember corrrectly.

I run the Crane Hydraulic rollers which are just about the same of the Comps but Crane is out of business right now.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/14/09 02:59 PM

Early or late block??

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/17/09 10:15 AM

Its an early block.

The OEM lifter is an oil thru the pushrod design while the old 360 block oils thru the deck.

Any issues with this??

Rat
Posted By: BBR

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/17/09 12:22 PM

Factory hyd roller lifters will not work in a non-roller block, unless you bush the bores and make them approx 0.4" taller. The old lifter bosses are too short.

You *might* get by if you used a ridiculously small base circle cam. then you'd still have to mount the spider that hold the dog bones.

Posted By: Glen440

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/17/09 01:16 PM

it would be hard to convert an old block to the factory rollersetup. The guide bars are held by the lifter bosses from moving and the spider thing just holds them down.
Posted By: patrick

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/17/09 04:32 PM

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CRO-66325-16&autoview=sku

crowers are $170 cheaper than the comps on summit.

Re: SB Hyd roller lifters.... - 04/19/09 02:18 PM

Patrick thanx for that.

Do the Crower roller lifters have the oil groove machined lower in the body to prevent the oil pressure bleeing off ?

Are these Crower lifters retro fit drop in lifters like the Comps are?

Rat
© 2024 Moparts Forums