Moparts

Mopar Madness at Dragway 42

Posted By: hemi-challenger

Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/15/22 09:07 PM

Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - July 22 - 24, 2022 Please check out attachment below.

Attached picture mopar madness flier.jpg
Posted By: doggs330

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/15/22 11:36 PM

I won't be racing but I will certainly be there. More than willing to help if someone needs another set of hands.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 10:43 AM

Just keep in mind, this track is not in the best area. Someone was shot there last year!! Won't see me there
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 1974 474 Duster
Just keep in mind, this track is not in the best area. Someone was shot there last year!! Won't see me there

That at a import race.. They had other one with no problems. one time thing. Track is in a small town. safe place. your blowing up deal that never happen before.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 11:47 AM

Yeah them Amish can get a little rough! - track is out in the middle of Amish country - the incident last year was from a poorly promoted import race - Track had nothing to do with the promoting of that race as it was a track rental. The Matchems who own the track have invested everything into making a whole new facility - they have spent more than $8 Million on the track and it gets better every year

You really have no clue making a statement like that about a track you probably have never been to !
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 12:03 PM

According to city data, the crime rate in West Salem is 2.7 times lower than the national average. The crime rate for Rochester, PA is 1.8 times higher than the national average...the irony.

I'm making the trip to 42 from Harrisburg. It's an awesome facility if you've never been there. Is there a time schedule for Saturday? What time the gates open, Time runs start, etc? Will be getting in late Friday night.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 12:07 PM

ok kids calm down grin
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 12:23 PM

You've obviously never been there. Beautiful facility out in the country. It's 35 miles south east of Summit Motorsports park.
Doug
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 12:33 PM

This track is beautiful! I was only there once as a spectator but, the staff and the track left a great impression on me.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 02:12 PM

That track is as safe or safer than any track in America. Coming from Pa I really don’t like the last 40 miles of the trip traveling by myself as some of the turns came up quickly but a lot of that was because of construction which should be done by now. The only thing bad about the race facility itself is I think because it’s used as a road coarse at times it gets VERY dusty pulling into your pit spot which in turn ends up everywhere. It’s nice to have a good radio to dial into the pa.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sixpakdodge

According to city data, the crime rate in West Salem is 2.7 times lower than the national average. The crime rate for Rochester, PA is 1.8 times higher than the national average...the irony.

I'm making the trip to 42 from Harrisburg. It's an awesome facility if you've never been there. Is there a time schedule for Saturday? What time the gates open, Time runs start, etc? Will be getting in late Friday night.

https://www.dragway42.com/event/mopar-madness-at-42/?fs=e&s=cl

Hopefully this works.

Dennis
Posted By: usp4u

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 03:20 PM

LOL....The steps leading from Mom's basement can also be treacherous, better stay put.

Its a nice track in a decent area.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/16/22 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by usp4u

LOL....The steps leading from Mom's basement can also be treacherous, better stay put.

the contents, and location of said contents in my shop, ARE treacherous ! laugh2
beer
Posted By: 1badx

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/18/22 11:33 AM

You live in urban Rochester Pa.minutes from towns like Beaver Falls and Monaca and are concerned about rural, Amish country West Salem, Ohio?

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/18/22 10:51 PM

I think someone waded into a way deeper pool than they anticipated.
Doug
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/18/22 11:40 PM

Just got back from the Fast Ford's event at 42 today. I didn't die.

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/20/22 10:44 AM

Don't consider it wading, been a Policemen since 1994. It is not a guess, but do what you want. Just saying the Cleveland crowd comes in there. Big bets going on hand to hand, so let it be what it is at that facility.
Best of luck to those who attend, was just a fair warning.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/20/22 01:13 PM

Don't consider it wading, been a Policemen since 1994. It is not a guess, but do what you want. Just saying the Cleveland crowd comes in there. Big bets going on hand to hand, so let it be what it is at that facility.

Different crowds for different events, no matter what track.
Just like different crowd at a rap concert than to see Michael W Smith

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/22/22 11:05 PM

Usually I don't get to riled up, but. Have you ever been there? I'll bet not. Talking about something you no nothing about.
Doug

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/23/22 02:49 PM

Was there last year, didn't know about shooting until we were there. Saw things 1st hand, sorry just saying what I saw. So probably just being over cautious, but that's me. So don't matter to me who goes. Wasn't starting a debate, just informing of what happened there
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/23/22 03:11 PM

Was there last year, didn't know about shooting until we were there. Saw things 1st hand, sorry just saying what I saw. So probably just being over cautious, but that's me. So don't matter to me who goes. Wasn't starting a debate, just informing of what happened there

Most any drag strip is a pretty darn safe place to hang out.
It’s all about who a given event brings in that can cause trouble, like the one being mentioned here.
There was a similar type event at Great Lakes Dragway a few years ago, that by its nature brought in a “ rough” crowd. Several people got killed in line at the concession stand.
This is a track that has otherwise had no issues.
Again, if an event targets riff raft, issues can crop up at any track.
But for a Mopar event, I wouldn’t expect anything but a safe, great time.

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 06/24/22 06:25 PM

Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - July 22 - 24, 2022 Please check out attachment below / Let's all have a GOOD TIME

Attached picture mopar madness flier.jpg
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/01/22 11:57 AM

I seen on the original flyer they listed a stick race is it still on? I couldn't find any information if it's a street car deal or can you run slicks or DOT tires.
Posted By: 1badx

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/02/22 01:46 PM

The Manual Only class is listed as "Potential class if there is enough interest". We have a post on Facebook trying to gauge interest. If you have a Facebook account please comment so that we can see if there is enough interest.

Thanks!

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/03/22 12:42 AM

I can access Facebook but I wouldn't know how to find your post or add a comment. Do I try to comment on the D42 site or is there another place to visit ? I know about half dozen stick Mopars that would probably like to race in a stick class.

Gus beer

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/03/22 03:57 PM

Facebook mopar madness 42 and or OST Dyno

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/03/22 04:01 PM

Attention Hemi Super Stock Racers!!!
Free entry for the 1st 25 Hemi SS cars that register for this event!
SIGN-UP INFORMATION:
To sign-up for this offer please send an email to:
sshemimopar42@gmail.com
We are pleased to announce that not only do we have sponsors for the Hemi Super Stock class at Mopar Madness at 42 but these sponsors have agreed to pay the weekend entry fee for the first 25 Hemi SS cars (and driver) that sign up for this event!
So please join me in thanking Crosswhite Racing and A to Z Trucking for sponsoring this action packed race class!
Also, be sure to share this and sign up for the event on Facebook here:

Attached picture 1968 crosswhite.jpg
Attached picture Tony 1964 Dodge.jpg

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/17/22 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1badx
The Manual Only class is listed as "Potential class if there is enough interest". We have a post on Facebook trying to gauge interest. If you have a Facebook account please comment so that we can see if there is enough interest.

Thanks!

Well I contacted 4 of the stick guys I know and they all said "why would they put that info on Facebook? I don't go on Facebook" So much for a good "gauge" of interest.

I'll be there but I guess I'm just going to be a spectator.
Gus beer

Attached picture 5332256-READY2.JPG
Posted By: doggs330

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/17/22 07:30 PM

This link should take you directly to the facebook post gauging interest for the stick class. You could call the track as well, I'm sure they will forward the interest to the correct party.
I for one love to see drivers banging their own gears down the strip. Hopefully the class will make it onto the schedule.

https://www.facebook.com/moparmadne...qe7EGPSoEtgvxKE3zEhYCn23ZpiMDgh2GShNXNzl
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/19/22 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
Originally Posted by 1badx

Thanks!

Well I contacted 4 of the stick guys I know and they all said "why would they put that info on Facebook? I don't go on Facebook" So much for a good "gauge" of interest.

I'll be there but I guess I'm just going to be a spectator.
Gus beer

I asked on their Facebook page today if the class was a go or no go, they said they’re waiting to see how many stick racer’s show up, so bring your car, and get your buddies to bring theirs too! I’ll be there running Sportsman with my freshly built Duster, this will be it’s Mopar coming out party.

Attached picture 81EEA164-B1B7-45FB-AD28-D6BBCF1820DC.png
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/22/22 03:15 PM

Attached picture 65757BB2-3BB0-4C23-84D0-A83D8197899A.jpeg
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Mopar Madness at Dragway 42 - 07/22/22 04:55 PM

I am glad to see the good turnout and hope you have plenty of bottle water,ice and I should be down to watch Saturday so everbody be safe and be fast.
© 2024 Moparts Forums