Posted By: Brad_Haak

Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/30/22 10:50 PM

Point -> Chief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuWd_xDbbq8

Counter-point -> Reaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5HA_B1kDI

popcorn + beer + fan + work

haha
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/30/22 11:26 PM

I just don't like Lizzi's new hair color shruggy She looked better as a blond. At least her dad finally de-tuned her combo with a smaller engine.

Gus beer
Posted By: topside

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/30/22 11:39 PM

I can't hear the audio this time - wants me to log in, which turns into a rabbit hole I haven't the patience for.
Guess I'll just miss out.
But I'm not inclined to believe much of what Reaper says, anyway.
I've actually been enjoying the latest Top 25, and the After Hours show is pretty funny.
I'm aware that "entertainment" will get the nod for production over actual reality, though...
Posted By: dart games

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 12:40 AM

lost intrest in the show a long time ago
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 01:58 AM

Hey with the choices being MSM propaganda, singing shows or rich housewives fighting I'll take the scripted drama laden street racing show every day of the week and twice on Sundays..... You guys got something better to watch?

I do have to admit Jay Jay Daaaa Boss is starting to wear on me though....
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
I just don't like Lizzi's new hair color shruggy She looked better as a blond. Gus beer

I wish I was younger and able to fool around with her, DREAMING whistling devil shruggy (I would love to make her climax 4 or 5 times a night boogie devil)
I am NOT a dirty old man, just horny devil whistling whistling
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 03:30 AM

Still have most of the first 2 seasons on dvr…. Like many things racing related, the “good ole days” were better smile. Crazy how many have dropped off the radar since the cars have gotten so fast.
Posted By: LA360

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 05:42 AM

I watch it when I can on YouTube, as I don't have cable TV.

I don't by in to the drama, we will see how America's List is this year. Of the Street Outlaws franchises, the NPK stuff has been the most enteratining for me.

There is no reality in Reality TV, at least this is entertaining
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 11:32 AM

I like NPK the best. The America's list is also good since they got rid of if you lose calling back out. Now if they would get rid of chase is a race! Sick of JJ and his family claiming to be poor street racers when most of his car are procharged Hemis. It would be nice to have more info on cars, but car guys are not there audience. I watched Gone Girl a couple times but only thing good about that was Lizzy.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by LA360
I watch it when I can on YouTube, as I don't have cable TV.

Same here; that's how I came across those vids and I haven't even seen the episodes they talk about.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 69b1dart

iagree Too much stupid BS. The list "racing" is retarded. Like last year when Axeman hid like a little girl from Kye. eyes
Then there's fastest in America when they throw a curveball for the finals to assure JJ wins. I have to watch Memphis on mute. Apparently they all failed English/grammar in school.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by 69b1dart

iagree Too much stupid BS. The list "racing" is retarded. Like last year when Axeman hid like a little girl from Kye. eyes
Then there's fastest in America when they throw a curveball for the finals to assure JJ wins. I have to watch Memphis on mute. Apparently they all failed English/grammar in school.

iagree I know many find it boring but support your local track... up
Posted By: GY3

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 01:20 PM

I don't watch any of the shows on TV anymore but Shawn (MurderNova) and Phantom's 187 Customs Youtube channel is very entertaining!

It really gives you a glimpse into what they go through to prepare for doing both the list races and the No Pre Kings stuff. It's a LOT of work and a LOT of travel.

Having two cars, a huge semi and trailer and all the extra parts and pieces it takes (engines and transmissions) it is crazy how much money these guys are spending in a year!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 03:56 PM

I've never made it through an entire episode.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 03/31/22 04:25 PM

every single reality show on tv is scripted and done with multiple takes. if you guys think any "reality" show is real... You are the demographic that the producer is looking for. Its all about the drama and storyline just like pro wrestling....which is real.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/01/22 07:41 PM

He's seen "Smokey" too many times and thinks he's Jerry Reed.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/01/22 09:39 PM

^^^ laugh2 ! Perfect description !
Posted By: cgall

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/04/22 05:14 PM

They showed a brief teaser last week of the Hummingbird on fire, so I presume tonight's episode will show the crash between JJ and Tricia. They were both hospitalized and I don't think either of them have driven a car since the middle of January. Maybe when he comes back JJ will start wearing a fire suit and gloves.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/04/22 05:23 PM

Hummingbird is still being raced and was shortly after their incident. It aint pretty and probably not so safe but its still alive.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/04/22 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by chrisf
every single reality show on tv is scripted and done with multiple takes. if you guys think any "reality" show is real... You are the demographic that the producer is looking for. Its all about the drama and storyline just like pro wrestling....which is real.

I'm sure that the producers take hundreds of hours of video and condense it down to a show using the best material. But scripted? I listen to some of the conversations and they seem to be contemporaneous. And watching Lutz barrel roll his car...I bet that wasn't scripted.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/04/22 09:29 PM

JJ does not wear any safety gear that’s for sure
Posted By: LA360

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 12:16 AM

JJ has this crazy idea that not owning a fire suit will prevent him from crashing, hence why he borrows jackets all the time
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 06:01 AM

How many times they going to hit parked cars before they find better places to park them?

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Hummingbird is still being raced and was shortly after their incident. It ain't pretty and probably not so safe but its still alive.

Hopefully they sealed the firewall up a little better. You wander why the tech guys always give us a hard time about firewall holes? That's why.

Been saying for years the clock is ticking on someone getting killed doing this...Glad it hasn't stuck 12 yet but I still think its going to happen.

Especially if they keep racing where there is cars, trees, light poles, and buildings to run into.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by moparacer
Hummingbird is still being raced and was shortly after their incident. It ain't pretty and probably not so safe but its still alive.

Hopefully they sealed the firewall up a little better. You wander why the tech guys always give us a hard time about firewall holes? That's why.

Been saying for years the clock is ticking on someone getting killed doing this...Glad it hasn't stuck 12 yet but I still think its going to happen.

Especially if they keep racing where there is cars, trees, light poles, and buildings to run into.

A friend of some of my friends died in a wreck at a southern track two weekends ago. It’s gonna happen on the track and on the street but then again people die crossing the street. Someone mentioned about learning where to park cars so the weren’t crashed into all the time. Those cars are rental cars parked to help prevent injuries.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by moparacer

A friend of some of my friends died in a wreck at a southern track two weekends ago. It’s gonna happen on the track and on the street but then again people die crossing the street. Someone mentioned about learning where to park cars so the weren’t crashed into all the time. Those cars are rental cars parked to help prevent injuries.

Still a big difference racing on a track with jersey barriers to help limit you hitting stuff.

Posted By: Bob Stinson

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 02:48 PM

I watched part of an episode last night and saw two real nice Chevies facing off, but good grief the talking and drama just kills it.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Stinson
I watched part of an episode last night and saw two real nice Chevies facing off, but good grief the talking and drama just kills it.

This^^^^^^^ iagree
Posted By: Chief

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by cgall
They showed a brief teaser last week of the Hummingbird on fire, so I presume tonight's episode will show the crash between JJ and Tricia. They were both hospitalized and I don't think either of them have driven a car since the middle of January. Maybe when he comes back JJ will start wearing a fire suit and gloves.

I watched the episode last night.
Tricia wasn't wearing safety pants, neck collar or gloves. Same for JJ. They use pillows or cushions of some sort behind and under Tricia so she can reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel. Not the safest way to crash a car..But if you ask them they are real street.. Just not smart real street..
I watched Precious and the only thing she had on was a helmet.

My Opinion, you get what you pay for.

Dave
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 03:43 PM

They park the cars in front of immovable objects. They are the “street” version of the big yellow drums filled with sand the DOT puts in front of immovable objects. They serve a purpose.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by FurryStump
They park the cars in front of immovable objects. They are the “street” version of the big yellow drums filled with sand the DOT puts in front of immovable objects. They serve a purpose.

Must be an Echo in the room.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chief

Tricia wasn't wearing safety pants, neck collar or gloves. Same for JJ. They use pillows or cushions of some sort behind and under Tricia so she can reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel. Not the safest way to crash a car..But if you ask them they are real street.. Just not smart real street..

Dave
A couple of season's ago Tricia rolled one of the zip-tie chevy2's they had inside camera on her. Should have seen her flopping around in there. Same with JJ's son Doughboy. They have been lucky.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 04:51 PM

Dave

I've always heard you have to be tough if you're stupid.

Many years ago a buddy of mine saw Tricia wreck at George Rays. They had pillows behind her and when she hit the brakes it pushed her back in the seat. When that happened she pulled with her arms and drove the car lhard left out into a field. You can only tempt fate so many times.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 05:02 PM

my cars are relatively slow, I am always worried about fire, rolling hitting the wall you just never know, and making sure I am safe. I have not raced in a year or two but will be upgrading even if not necessary. I love life to much

I hate to see this stuff, and nobody can say this was drama made up for tv rating!!

I don't know them but man this is sad to watch and see. long road to recover for Trisha. broken Pelvis is a long road and she will most likely have a lot of therapy to get moving and walking correctly. it took my sister a long time and a lot of therapy to walk straight after her car accident.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 05:05 PM

The fire and the wreck were horrible, I was burnt badly when I was 4 yrs. old by sticking matches into a gas filler nozzle on an old truck park on the road in front of my grandparents' home, I wanted to see what was inside the nozzle realcrazy Playing with matches can hurt a lot tsk
I hope both of them recover soon as possible with very little pain luck
God be with them luck
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 05:09 PM

Dave

Only a matter of time before someone gets killed. You would think after so many wrecks over the years, they wouldn't take safety for granted.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 05:11 PM

I didn't see the whole show last night, but in the beginning they showed the crash and Tricia screaming in pain on the ground. The looks on the other racers faces showed that they know it is real.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 06:10 PM

Yeah, that was tough for me to watch.
Never been one to enjoy wrecks or destruction - BTDT and it ain't fun.
Hopefully everyone learns from it and steps up their safety gear & concern.
And it didn't look to me that parked cars in front of a jersey barrier were a good idea.
Those aren't the 12-to-14-second cars we street raced in the '60s...

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 06:25 PM

Street racing has always drawn from a pretty wide cross-section of humanity.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Brad_Haak

Remember now this is NOT illegal street racing.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 07:06 PM

Yeah... but if some of these people are really racing w/ that little safety gear in cars that fast and on streets that dangerous, it's only a matter of time until one pass goes big-time wrong and somebody goes to the morgue. The SO franchise won't be able to survive it, either... too big of a back mark against it once there's a death during their filming.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 07:20 PM

Yeah... but if some of these people are really racing w/ that little safety gear in cars that fast and on streets that dangerous, it's only a matter of time until one pass goes big-time wrong and somebody goes to the morgue. The SO franchise won't be able to survive it, either... too big of a back mark against it once there's a death during their filming.

I had to chuckle a little because I see you are from Virginia. Just a little south of you are tracks with zero safety rules. I have several friends from that area that tell me nightmare stories.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 07:48 PM

John, while that is true, what Brad is saying is different. If someone crashes and dies during filming for the show, I agree that that'd be the end of Street Outlaws.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/05/22 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
John, while that is true, what Brad is saying is different. If someone crashes and dies during filming for the show, I agree that that'd be the end of Street Outlaws.

I’m not so sure about that. People have died filming movies, sports, etc, and the show goes on.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 06:13 AM

Trish got hurt most likely because she wasn't securely strapped in the seat. That pillow, booster chair, foam stuff collapsing and letting up the belts cranked her good.

I mentioned the same rag doll comment when she rolled the car, flopping around in a clothes dryer.

Just dumb stuff in a 150+ MPH car.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by crackedback
Trish got hurt most likely because she wasn't securely strapped in the seat. That pillow, booster chair, foam stuff collapsing and letting up the belts cranked her good.

I mentioned the same rag doll comment when she rolled the car, flopping around in a clothes dryer.

This has been talked about for several years. For the life of me I can't imagine why JJ would put her in harm's way, Stupidity, or just too lazy to at least make the car fit her? Then she gets back in the car with the same pillows and cushions knowing full well what's going to happen if she crashes. The definition of stupidity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Hopefully it'll sink in before she gets killed.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 02:52 PM

Did anyone else notice that Precious drove the Ziptie in the first round and it broke on the burnout. Then Britt says something in Memphis-bonics about how he had to go thru the dumpster to find an old flexplate for the car and it broke. Then about ten pairs later Tricia is driving the Ziptie and she outruns the Hummingbird just prior to the crash. I'm not going to say the crash and the actual races down the road are staged, but a lot of this show is as fake and scripted as can be. If you look during the side interviews at the right side of the track there is corn 3 feet high. Then during the racing rounds during January the field is stripped. The show was filmed over a several month period and edited to make it appear to be a weekend race.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 03:17 PM

Those two "zipties" are different cars. Many versions if Ziptie have been destroyed over the years filming. Two of them have "died" here inVegas and are still sitting in piles here. They crash em strip em and leave em. Here is the last one that died here

[Linked Image]

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 03:33 PM

Did anyone else notice that Precious drove the Ziptie in the first round and it broke on the burnout. Then Britt says something in Memphis-bonics about how he had to go thru the dumpster to find an old flexplate for the car and it broke. Then about ten pairs later Tricia is driving the Ziptie and she outruns the Hummingbird just prior to the crash. I'm not going to say the crash and the actual races down the road are staged, but a lot of this show is as fake and scripted as can be. If you look during the side interviews at the right side of the track there is corn 3 feet high. Then during the racing rounds during January the field is stripped. The show was filmed over a several month period and edited to make it appear to be a weekend race.

Mempbonics! LOL

Speaking of the flexplate. Did anyone else notice the sparks that came out from under Tricia’s car just before JJ had his problem. I wonder if the flexplate or bolts gave up again.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 04:02 PM

Those two "zipties" are different cars. Many versions if Ziptie have been destroyed over the years filming. Two of them have "died" here inVegas and are still sitting in piles here. They crash em strip em and leave em. Here is the last one that died here

[Linked Image]

Whose property(s?) was the lucky recipient of those carcasses? The MSO must be the hyenas of the street racing world...

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 04:10 PM

Brad they were using and abusing a local business here for years. Insane Power, and he got the short end of that stick. That is in front of his shop where they dropped it after they rolled it and stripped it. They used to film at his place as well when in town.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 04:57 PM

I was in the other lane against Tricia when she rolled Ziptie the 1st time. Was crazy to see her rolling down the road through the windshield. I got her out. She's tougher then an old boot

Attached picture 26239462_10208774194352358_8761143568970910309_n.jpg

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 06:26 PM

Looked to me they had 2 red Novas at this most recent filming: one looked like it was painted with rattle-cans.
Also seems to me there are at least 2 of the Ol' Heavy trucks.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Originally Posted by crackedback

This has been talked about for several years. For the life of me I can't imagine why JJ would put her in harm's way, Stupidity, or just too lazy to at least make the car fit her? Then she gets back in the car with the same pillows and cushions knowing full well what's going to happen if she crashes. The definition of stupidity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Hopefully it'll sink in before she gets killed.

I have read and heard I think on a pod cast that they set the cars up neutral so any one of the family can drive any of the cars. I do not agree with that thought process one bit. I hope now that thought process will change and they will fit the cars to the individual and stick with it. not worth a life so others can drive that hot rod. Like I said that is what i heard somewhere. it could be a false statement.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/06/22 08:49 PM

Open wheel - Indy & F1 - for years used a seat insert, maybe still do, and that seemed to work.
In any case, the MSO bunch doesn't seem to use as much safety equipment as some of the OKC guys do.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 12:31 AM

Back to the politics in this show (America list), what is the deal and real reasons Chief is on the outs with the show now shruggy
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 12:53 AM

I would say, cumulative effects. I am one of those idiots that has the Chief and Shawn show podcasts on a loop out in the garage. Although it has been “shut down”(all podcast episodes are pretty old now) it’s still entertaining.
It’s pretty funny and gives some insight into some behind the scenes situations. Chief makes no secret of his animosity for the production company, openly talks about being late all the time, drug use, leaking yet to be seen episode topics, and last but not least, bashing other Discovery shows/ characters. Being the narrator and organizer, I think he felt pretty secure in his position. His help with JJ& Ryan Martin weakened his leverage. I believe the James Goad diatribe is mostly correct.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by topside
Open wheel - Indy & F1 - for years used a seat insert, maybe still do, and that seemed to work.
In any case, the MSO bunch doesn't seem to use as much safety equipment as some of the OKC guys do.

Yes they do. They are custom fit to the driver and use space age materials IIRC.

Not the holiday inn pillows and egg crate foam MSO is using.

Comparison end about there with quality and safety.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
I would say, cumulative effects. I am one of those idiots that has the Chief and Shawn show podcasts on a loop out in the garage. Although it has been “shut down”(all podcast episodes are pretty old now) it’s still entertaining.
It’s pretty funny and gives some insight into some behind the scenes situations. Chief makes no secret of his animosity for the production company, openly talks about being late all the time, drug use, leaking yet to be seen episode topics, and last but not least, bashing other Discovery shows/ characters. Being the narrator and organizer, I think he felt pretty secure in his position. His help with JJ& Ryan Martin weakened his leverage. I believe the James Goad diatribe is mostly correct.

iagree

I believe chief thought "he" was the show, not so much though.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 03:01 PM

I always wondered if Discovery reimburses expenses for crashing the cars.

Memphis crashes so many cars - Not sure how they make much money after rebuilding unless they get reimbursed.

I thought I read they get like $5k per episode per car but who knows.

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Being the narrator and organizer, I think he felt pretty secure in his position. His help with JJ& Ryan Martin weakened his leverage. I believe the James Goad diatribe is mostly correct.

iagree

For those that haven't seen it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5HA_B1kDI

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 05:05 PM

Well, then. I'm guessing Reaper & Chief won't be exchanging Christmas cards laugh2

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/07/22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Well, then. I'm guessing Reaper & Chief won't be exchanging Christmas cards laugh2

I don't know why they wouldn't, after all James sugar coated everything. biggrin
Posted By: second 70

Re: Street Outlaws Soap Opera - 04/08/22 05:11 PM

With over 1.2 million views Chief's video is paying him quite well. Reaper video 290K views.
© 2024 Moparts Forums