Moparts

Mancini racing

Posted By: cudadon

Mancini racing - 03/23/22 02:43 AM

Been a while since I ordered from Mancini, now I remember why. Even though it's supposed to be in stock it seems to take forever.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Mancini racing - 03/23/22 03:19 AM

Mixed results, recently bought several things, it went smoothly .. last time no so much
Posted By: Gabby63

Re: Mancini racing - 03/23/22 03:34 AM

Recently ordered parts from them , expecting them in 3-4 days ,came home from work & was told they were delivered the next day . Have ordered from them for years . Really same result . Gary
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mancini racing - 03/23/22 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Mixed results, recently bought several things, it went smoothly .. last time no so much

Same.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Mancini racing - 03/23/22 02:58 PM

Better to call and get the answer if in stock. If one item is not in stock the order will sit until they can fill the complete order. Ordering on line will never show in stock or order status.
Posted By: unknown

Re: Mancini racing - 03/23/22 03:22 PM

Another place that has never done me wrong , been going there for over 30 years. Parts are hard to get right now for everything.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Mancini racing - 03/23/22 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Better to call and get the answer if in stock. If one item is not in stock the order will sit until they can fill the complete order. Ordering on line will never show in stock or order status.

I will call tomorrow. Michigan to Illinois should be 2 days.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 12:15 AM

Sometimes the "little guy" stays little for a reason. They can be a big hassle to do business with
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 01:15 AM

I have ordered multiple times from Mancini..
With positive results, getting harder to find certain Mopar parts.
Order delivery has taken a about a week to reach SoCal, assuming they have it in stock..

Just my $0.02.... wink
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 01:46 AM

Something to consider. If it’s a Mopar part number, check your local dealer first. Call with the part number. I’ve seldom seen lower prices than MSRP, from Mancini. The same part number ALWAYS ships free to the dealership. Freight is gravy and time. Why pay it?
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 10:33 AM

I try to use them as little as possible anymore. A good friend ordered a motor plate for an a-body, an MSD distributor for a 440 and an electric water pump in 2020. Got a b-body motor plate, a low deck distributor and the water pump leaked out of the electrical connection. Called them and they gave him the "send it back and we'll send you the right stuff" and he lost his cool. They sent the right stuff out and said they would send a box and shipping label to return the stuff that was wrong. Fast forward 6 months, he installs the water pump and it leaks out the electrical connection. So he calls and tells them, they say send it back and he asks about the motor plate and distributor getting sent back. Someone pipes up in the back and says he should have returned it, something about taking him to court. He had to remind them sternly about how they were supposed to send a box out 6 months ago, and that talk stopped. He's still waiting on the replacement water pump. It's 2022.
Then there is the "Moparts discount". eyes
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 12:32 PM

It's been a while (years?) since I ordered from Mancini, but I never recall having any particular issues dealing with them.

Oh, yeah... forgot about the "Moparts discount" whistling
Posted By: krautrock

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 01:49 PM

i order from Mancini when I can, if I mention the moparts discount it usually gets me enough off to equal free shipping.
If you need something immediately i would call, also they have called or emailed me to give me a heads up on stuff not in stock.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 01:55 PM

Many years ago they gave me a hard time about something I was trying to buy ( small block rocker shaft pedestals ) and their attitude at the time left a lasting impression on me .. so I try to avoid buying from them but I have bought a few things over the years. On the other hand I ordered some gaskets from Todd at Marsh Performance the other day and it was as always a pleasant experience I was off a number on the part number and he called me back to verify the number rather than just assume what it was.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by krautrock
i order from Mancini when I can, if I mention the moparts discount it usually gets me enough off to equal free shipping.

More than I got.

They played ignorant like they had never heard of it with me.

That's fine, I can usually find what I need at Summit Racing or other vendors.
Posted By: B1MAXX

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 03:53 PM

While we are on the subject other vendors that advertise on here, have also told me that.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 05:35 PM

I think I've ordered from them maybe 3 times and my dad has once. Never had an issue with them. I bought my TF 240 from them and they actually let me use one of their 10% of sale coupons on them which surprised me. Their shipping rates are definately what prevents me from ordering from them more. I can usually find items cheaper or with free shipping from other companies so I don't buy from them much.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 05:48 PM

They're right up the road from me. Always done business with them through the store front and it's always been good. Hell, they even let me bum a set of plug wire crimpers once. Mancini's has always treated me well.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 09:39 PM

Mancini Racing
20h ·
It is with sadness that we announce the death of our founder and patriarch, Ray Angelelli, who passed away peacefully in his sleep Wednesday morning with his family by his side. Known as “Jaws” among friends and fellow racers, Ray along with his brother Danny, and Super Stock racer Ron Mancini, founded our company back in 1972. Through Ray's hard work, business acumen, and guidance, Mancini Racing would grow to become one of the largest Direct Connection and Mopar Performance Parts warehouse’s in the world. Even at the age of 84, Ray came into the work every day to package orders, work with Mopar on supplying parts, or just to make sure we did our job taking care of our loyal customers. Ray’s presence will be missed, but his spirit will always be a part of Mancini Racing.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Mancini racing - 03/24/22 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Brad_Haak

Oh, yeah... forgot about the "Moparts discount" whistling

More specifically, I've mentioned / asked for it... got told "sure, no problem"... and never saw anything resembling a price reduction (either product or shipping expense) as a result.
© 2024 Moparts Forums