Moparts

Peter Wille's 71 Cuda

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/22/22 05:10 PM

I've probably posted this before, but does anyone know Peter personally? I'd like to ask some questions about his combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfRBLYcKi8

Thanks,
Posted By: cuda499

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/22/22 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
I've probably posted this before, but does anyone know Peter personally? I'd like to ask some questions about his combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfRBLYcKi8

Thanks,

He's somewhat local to me, we race at the same track. You can send me a PM with your contact and i can send it to him.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/22/22 11:50 PM

That's a fast A$$ car up
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/23/22 12:30 AM

X2
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/24/22 12:38 PM

Back when I saw the dyno vids, I have to admit, I didn't believe the numbers. But the car does run well, when it puts down a good pass so, he can't be too far off IMO.

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/24/22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Back when I saw the dyno vids, I have to admit, I didn't believe the numbers. But the car does run well, when it puts down a good pass so, he can't be too far off IMO.

Where are the dyno videos?

Never mind. Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7mjI9yj128

Very impressive. I'm more excited, as this engine is very similar to mine. Same Stroke, and bore. Anyone know what the Edelbrock Victors flow CNC ported by Hughes? I have the 345CNC -1's.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/24/22 09:11 PM

That thing is bad! punkrocka
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/24/22 10:06 PM

His 1000hp NA big block on the dyno at his place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7mjI9yj128
Posted By: jwb123

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/24/22 10:18 PM

Wow!! After watching that with my foot in a boot from surgery, It sure give me the itch to get well and lay some rubber.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/26/22 12:30 AM

That's the quickest Victor headed car I've seen by far. The next closest would be Jeff Frees 68 Cuda N/SS car touched the 8's at Bradenton at similar weight.
Doug

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/26/22 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
That's the quickest Victor headed car I've seen by far. The next closest would be Jeff Frees 68 Cuda N/SS car touched the 8's at Bradenton at similar weight.
Doug

I had no idea the Victor heads could flow that. Hughes website shows they flow 400cfm at .800. That is the same as a CNC365 572-13 head from INDY. My machinist built a 572 with 572-13 heads, and it made just a touch over 1000hp. My engine has less compression, and INDY 345CNC -1’s. If it can make 900hp, I’ll be more than happy. I’m almost 400lbs lighter than his Cuda as well.
Posted By: lancer493

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/26/22 04:43 PM

I don't think that the flow #s of the MW Victor, Hughes modified heads are the big issue here. The obstacle seems to be calculating and obtaining the correct components to reliably allow the heads to perform up to their actual capabilities. Hughes claims nearly 400cfm intake flow around .700-.800" lift. Shouldn't be hard to make 800hp with that, but I have no way to prove or disprove these numbers as I never had my heads independantly flowed when they returned. Only had valve job checked by Nelson Competition and his only suggestion was to put another .0005" in the valve guide clearance for comfort. These heads required 4.50" Cometics on my 4.350" bore motor, the rocker shaft stud anchoring mod., B3 Racing geometry modification (optional), and a brain & wallet taxing adventure to get a 1.625" dia. valve spring to work on this solid roller cam engine. Big pushrods w/modified push rod holes also. I hope it was worth it. The larger bore gaskets were needed because Hughes porting program lays the chamber back near the valves also requiring the head deck surface to be cut, restoring the75cc volume. Rocker effective ratio with Hughes rockers and B3 geo. correction, 1.5's became 1.45's and 1.6's became 1.55's. Combine this with a mis-spec'd used but good condion roller cam, and I had to trash the 1.5 rockers for a new set of 1.6's. Went from a presumed .690" lift to an actual .638" with 1.5 advertised rockers (gross lift). Cam was said to be .460'lobe lift but was actually 440" lobe lift. I am not saying these heads don't make power, just as anyone knows who have used them, they are a tremendous amount of work to get to their potential. If you don't already have them there are much easier starting points, in my opinion. I got them and am going forward. The work is done ,the test is coming. Woulda, coulda, shoulda! Bill
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/29/22 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
That thing is bad! punkrocka

As is the driver, and it's got a man peddle too boot.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/29/22 02:57 PM

They need to fix the siphoning out of the squirters at WOT to help keep the AFR consistent twocents
Probably a Dam Best Carb, maybe not: confused:

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/31/22 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Probably a Dam Best Carb, maybe not: confused:

Just looked those up, as I've never heard of them. Yikes. Not cheap at all...
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/31/22 05:38 PM

I'm sure Dominic, Thumperdart, can build a better custom carb than they can scope
I had a customer in Boise, ID that I built a 551 C.I. B1 bracket motor for that had two Dam Best dominator type carbs, a 1050 CFM and the bigger one, 1450 CFM maybe confused, built for the B1 motor that didn't work worth a hoot no matter how we jetted it whiney: The 1050 worked okay but not excellent work

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/31/22 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I'm sure Dominic, Thumperdart, can build a better custom carb than they can scope
I had a customer in Boise, ID that I built a 551 C.I. B1 bracket motor for that had two Dam Best dominator type carbs, a 1050 CFM and the bigger one, 1450 CFM maybe confused, built for the B1 motor that didn't work worth a hoot no matter how we jetted it whiney: The 1050 worked okay but not excellent work

Dom will be getting my business when I'm ready to pull the trigger on a different carb.
Posted By: cuda499

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/31/22 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
Doug

Have a small tire dart I help out with in westcoast of canada, on a 275 it has been 4.73@147. Car had a glass hood and trunk, that's it. Victor head with 2 kits.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 03/31/22 10:11 PM

He sure understands his body in that seat. You can see he has the feel for what is happening when the Cuda has the front wheels in the air. Nice Job driving that Cuda.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 04/01/22 05:08 AM

i know Peter he called me last week and i forgot to call him back. All of Peters stuff runs amazingly well. He bulds some awesome converters as well.

Re: Peter Wille's 71 Cuda - 04/01/22 11:12 AM

Can you ask him what clutch and rear gear he is running with that combo?

Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums