Moparts

Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts?

Posted By: Quicksilver440

Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 05:35 AM

I have Bias MT sportsman front runners and worn out MT ET Street bias rears…want to try drag radials but can I keep bias ply fronts? This is for racing….I actually ran radial rear street tires on the street and haven’t had a problem…but I’m not going 120 either…lol.

I can’t really find many radial front skinny’s…
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 06:36 AM

I ran them on my old pump gas Duster both ways, bias on front with radial rears and then radial on front with bias rears with no issues going 134. + MPH in the 1/4 mile up
I ran 165sr15 (VW tires) on the front with M/T 10.5x31x15 on the rear and Moroso 6.00 15 front drag tires with 315x60x15 M/T ET Street Radials on the rear more than once: up:
Posted By: MichaelF

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 07:06 AM

did it one and the other way....no problem at all.

Michael
Posted By: Jamie340

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 12:15 PM

I have run that combination on my stocker for years, not a problem.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 12:23 PM

Never an Issue here either up
Posted By: mopar873

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 02:04 PM

I had a situation where I had the radial sportsman pro front skinnies on to match the radial rears and the sidewall just looked flat out soft. Always had a big bulge to it. I changed to the stiff sidewall bias ply sportsman fronts and kept the radial rears and I could tell zero difference in how the car handled speed at the track.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 04:28 PM

Most Stockers and Super Stockers are running radials. I don't know any who are using radials on the front. I wouldn't know where to even buy a radial front runner drag tire.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/18/22 04:55 PM

if i recall it had to with daily drivers back in the day about having a bias on one side and radial on the other shruggy
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/19/22 06:23 AM

Thanks everyone…just ordered some drag radials!
Posted By: Tig

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/19/22 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver440
Thanks everyone…just ordered some drag radials!

Let us know how you get on with them, we picked up 2 10ths switching to radials but the car used to pound bias ply's. Thanks.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/19/22 05:41 PM

as long as both tires are the same on each axle, you should have no problems.
bias [especially skinny ones] will tend to "hunt around" a bit on "rain grooved" roads, but dialing in as much positive caster as possible, and toeing in an extra 1/16" will keep that to a bare minimum.
over the years, i have ran just about every combination of tires you can imagine, and on all types of cars, and have never had a problem running radials and bias tires together.

as to the speed rating on tires, it is xx[x] mph for yz amount of time.
so even if the tire is rated for 95mph, the few seconds it spends at 125 will not be a problem.
my opinion only ! your mileage will vary.
beer
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Drag radials rear with bias sportsman fronts? - 02/19/22 06:32 PM

I had always heard this was an issue, but I’ve been running Pro Bracket Radials with ET Fronts for a couple years now. No issue.
© 2024 Moparts Forums