Moparts

NHRA increasing competition fees

Posted By: AFDRAGRACER

NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 05:45 AM

Economy is bad so let's stick it to the little guy. Thanks again NHRA for nothing!
http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/4/8/nhra-announces-changes-to-competition-fees/
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 06:23 AM

would you expect anything else form them BTW, don't forget that they are a Not For Profit organization, which means they spend every extra penney on themselves and don't even think of reducing costs to the racers, Sportsman or Pro
Posted By: dOc …

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 06:41 AM

But guys ... they have not raised their fees in over 10 years !!

It is just a matter of supply and demand. If they keep TURNING AWAY racers for their national events ... they will keep raising every fee they can ...until all-that levels off.
Posted By: ksj

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 07:30 AM

"NHRA remains commited to the sportsman racer"That comment should make sure NHRA wins this years "Darwin Award"
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 11:50 AM

i think it sucks and is kind of stupid when a company increases its fees because the bad econoimy is driving away customers. its like they are trying to ream the remaining customers for their losses instead of cutting back on their own expenses and reducing their own profits. in the end, they'll lose more customers and go under.
Posted By: mloboda

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 12:42 PM

The press release doesn't even tell you what the fees are and what they have been increased to. You have to search for that. Cowards.
Posted By: toddd

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 12:53 PM

I'd love to see their Supply and Demand graphs, to back up this decision.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 12:57 PM

Quote:

The press release doesn't even tell you what the fees are and what they have been increased to. You have to search for that. Cowards.

The new fees are posted on the form....basically everything doubled....

Rickster
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 01:13 PM

Would you expect anything less from the worst run organization were the head honcho makes over $750,000 a year. They run like the government, don`t cut costs or salaries,just charge more. And they wonder why they aren`t getting full fields at some races. It takes a a lot of nerve to charge more like they are, but then again caring about the little guy has never been anything they ever did. If your not a Force, Al- Anabi or Schumacher they really have no use for you. Maybe they should charge admission to their ridiculus
" Parade of Transporters" driving around LA next year.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 01:26 PM

Here

Effective immediately, NHRA is increasing all competition fees, including license, permanent numbers, and chassis inspection. The new fees for these services are reflected in the forms available online at www.nhra.com/competition/forms.aspx.

NHRA has not raised fees in more than a decade, and, given the current economic environment, NHRA needs to adjust fees to help offset some of the increased costs for these services. In addition, and at national events, NHRA will increase the insurance surcharge.

It should be noted that these fees, even as increased, do not cover the costs for sportsman programs. NHRA will continue to subsidize costs to provide these programs. NHRA remains committed to sportsman racing, and these increases will assist us in being able to continue to provide premier racing programs at the national, divisional, and local level.

Supply and demand my butt.... its called GREED, they
have a profit margin to keep(to keep THEIR wallet
filled)
Everyone else is lowering prices and they raise theirs
BRILLIANT
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 01:45 PM

Pretty soon the Dragster will be electronic only, have to pay more for it and only be able to access it with a membership.
only way to eliminate the undesireables... gated communities.
Posted By: topside

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 03:39 PM

Yup, in these tough economic times, let's get the Sportsman guys to pay more for less. Maybe to pay for all the TV coverage the Sportsman classes get, ya think? Excellent logic.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 04:03 PM

Maybe we should forward this to Fox news??
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 04:10 PM

Quote:

Pretty soon the Dragster will be electronic only, have to pay more for it and only be able to access it with a membership.
only way to eliminate the undesireables... gated communities.

who cares? it has very little content. mostly advertising or the dog and pony show. if it wasn't forced on you who would buy it? not me.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 04:14 PM

Quote:

Maybe we should forward this to Fox news??

huh?
Posted By: B3Cuda

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 04:37 PM

They are nuts, I just got my renewal 1 class went from 25.00 to 50.00. I guess someone needs to pay for Tom Compton's bonus/over inflated salary or maybe it's the crybaby pro ranks.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 05:41 PM

problem out west there is no other game but nhra..and tracks are 300 miles apart at that...

really sucks....
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 08:12 PM

IHRA in Salt Lake. They are much more sportsman friendly, 70$ @ Year and all the numbers you need.
I do miss the NHRA tracks already, though. As you say, if the spiral down in car counts continues, they might get a clue. I doubt it though. And, it might not be a bad idea to look at who might publisize their BS, like Fox news??? Who knows, perhaps we could get together and start a boycot or petition or something.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 08:38 PM

Like the saying goes.."you want to play,you gotta pay"..
Posted By: runner77_360

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/09/09 09:41 PM

the nhra dropped ticket prices for the pro show so i guess we are the ones that have to make up the difference now.I stopped watching drag racing on espen2 now.All the cars look like a box with a cruved front end. all prostocks look the same and cannt stand listening to paul page.oh ya and its the ashely force show now.I guess i will tune it down and run 10s and screw the nhra,i cannt aford there rule changes and fees anymore.
Posted By: cgall

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/10/09 10:34 PM

Look at page 12 of this week's National Dragster. New grandstands at Indy, new office building in process. 11 offices, conference room, break room, restrooms, etc. Sounds like at least $1MM in improvements, how simple to just raise taxes to pay for it all.

And payouts for Sportsman classes have not been raised in 25 years, contingencies are down 33%. If they haven't already, soon they will reach the breaking point.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/10/09 10:45 PM

this was my email to NHRA today. i think we should all show our displeasure and either boycott NHRA or do not recertify or reapply till we get some resolvement to these increased fees. its ridiculous.
hopefully all you guys email NHRA and speak up!!
the squeeky wheel gets the oil!
if no one says anything nothings going to change.
i got 3 cars to recertify belts, chassis and competition licenses its going to cost me $1600.00 every 2 years. plus fixing the car and towing.
i refuse to pay these prices and i going to let my chassis & license expire.

hi, i would like to find out who to talk to about the ridiculous increase of license and certification fees.
i run 3 nhra certifed competition super stock vehicles and i am outraged at the doubling of the fees.
dont you realize we are in a major recesssion and people are losing their jobs and cant pay their bills, but there only out is drag racing.
who's idea was it to increase these fees which are too much as it is.
1st we have harnesses to recertify every 2 years plus competition license and chassis recertification.
im just letting you know that i am not reapplying to NHRA and going to IHRA, those guys get it.
im going to let my membership run out and im done, your bleeding the working class dry.
i'm outraged and completely dissatisfied in the way NHRA is going and i dont want to be a part of it.
im going to IHRA tracks from this point on.
i know im not the only one complaining and i never complain but this one breaks the camels back.
hope i hear from you regarding this serious matter. yours truly Chris Baum
Posted By: TMP66

Re: NHRA increasing competition fees - 04/11/09 01:52 AM

Quote:

dont you realize we are in a major recesssion and people are losing their jobs and cant pay their bills, but there only out is drag racing.

Uh, your kidding, right?
© 2024 Moparts Forums