Moparts

A-body Glide trany mount

Posted By: dragracer1

A-body Glide trany mount - 10/15/21 06:56 PM

Hey ya'll, I have a 74 Scamp running the 408 that I am going from a 904 to a BTE Powerglide. Its already equipped the small block SFI bellhousing. But I still need the new trany mount. Im having troubles figuring out the best way to go about it. Any good reference pics to help a moparts brotha out would be AMAZING!!!

Thanks
BP
Posted By: sam64

Re: A-body Glide trany mount - 10/16/21 01:10 AM

I Made a cardboard pattern of crossmember bolt holes and used 3/8 plate steel cut to same shape as original crossmember the used 3/16 plate to make bracket for 2 bolt turbo 350 chevy mount.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: A-body Glide trany mount - 10/16/21 03:01 PM

When I first put the glide in my Dart I used original crossmember, notched it and welded a piece of angle on it if I remember correctly. This was a big block though. I still might have it. Will look and take a pic and post it if I do.

Whatever you do just make sure you run a stock rubber mount on it. Nothing solid.

Re: A-body Glide trany mount - 10/17/21 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by moparacer
When I first put the glide in my Dart I used original crossmember, notched it and welded a piece of angle on it if I remember correctly. This was a big block though. I still might have it. Will look and take a pic and post it if I do.

Whatever you do just make sure you run a stock rubber mount on it. Nothing solid.

GOOD STUFF FELLAS, THATS 2 GREAT IDEAS AND WELCOMED INFO!!
Posted By: Clanton

Re: A-body Glide trany mount - 10/17/21 02:21 PM

This was in a 69 B body and th400 but maybe it will help.I have other pics I can find but let me know if you are interested. Here is a link to my post with pics if what I did. trans xmember mod link https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...to-rb-in-69-b-body-info.html#Post2811941

Attached picture S1220018.JPG
Attached picture S1220007.JPG
Attached picture S1220022.JPG

Re: A-body Glide trany mount - 10/17/21 10:11 PM

Excellent! Thank you a ton my friend!!!!
Posted By: Clanton

Re: A-body Glide trany mount - 10/18/21 01:10 AM

I am glad it will help someone.I held the trans up with an ATV jack while I kept test fitting.If you have a question just ask not that mine is anything special.
© 2024 Moparts Forums