Moparts

Ready to run distributor

Posted By: gss

Ready to run distributor - 08/29/21 02:27 AM

The Firecore RTR distributor on my 470 works well so I wanted to get another for a 440 but I am not seeing them anywhere. Do they still make them? I haven't had great luck with MSD stuff but I see they make an RTR. How do they compare to the Firecore?
Posted By: CSK

Re: Ready to run distributor - 08/29/21 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by gss
The Firecore RTR distributor on my 470 works well so I wanted to get another for a 440 but I am not seeing them anywhere. Do they still make them? I haven't had great luck with MSD stuff but I see they make an RTR. How do they compare to the Firecore?

I am 99.9% sure this summit brand dist is a firecore, says they have 10 in stock
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-850424/make/dodge
Posted By: moparx

Re: Ready to run distributor - 08/30/21 05:20 PM

it's too bad RTR distributors of [it seems] any brand get bad feedback from some people. it's hard to [for me anyway] make a decision on what to buy.
i have a fixed income [i'm not complaining about that] so i need to be absolutely sure my money goes to the right choice so i don't have problems in the future.
with that being said, i also hear glowing reports [like above] about most brands of RTR distributors, so that confuses me even more to make a decision !
i'm confused enough on a good day, let alone a day "pulling the trigger" on parts i need....... biggrin
beer
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Ready to run distributor - 08/31/21 01:38 PM

Mancini also has them.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Ready to run distributor - 08/31/21 02:02 PM

That Summit link looks more like a Pertronix unit - Large size and screw on type distributor cap

The nice thing about the Firecore distributors , size , they accept factory style type distributor caps

I run the vacuum advance , non rtr on my 383 HP

Anyways around a year ago I ordered a Firecore RTR from Summit under there brand - They sent me an email saying they have been discontinued

I don’t see them at Mancini also

I see the Firecore standard vacuum , and Firecore racing mechanical , non rtr

Picture of Firecore RTR

Notice clip on distributor cap

Attached picture 4B6345F0-14F8-4F89-A86F-E6FE53F05698.jpeg
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Ready to run distributor - 08/31/21 03:45 PM

I would say to call Rick Gorski and get the scoop from the head honcho.
Posted By: gss

Re: Ready to run distributor - 09/02/21 06:04 PM

Called Firecore, was told that they are sold through Summit (rebranded) now and quality control is much better.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Ready to run distributor - 09/02/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by gss
Called Firecore, was told that they are sold through Summit (rebranded) now and quality control is much better.

Thats what I thought LOL smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums