Moparts

I'm Parking The Car

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 02:18 PM

Looks likem I'm going to park the car for this year,
I MIGHT make it to CCevent at 131 and maybe Norwalk
if things go right. I will know more in about 2 weeks.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 02:19 PM

To bad. I thought you were looking for a driver for the car. Gotta be tough to put it away and not be able to drive it any longer. Best of luck...

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 02:24 PM

Quote:

To bad. I thought you were looking for a driver for the car. Gotta be tough to put it away and not be able to drive it any longer. Best of luck...

That wasnt the issue, Ben Cantrell stopped by and we
were going to go in a week or so and have him do some
test passes to see if he was comfortable in it. I called
him yesterday to say things have changed
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 02:25 PM

Thats to bad. I am sure whatever the reason is it is a good one. Best of luck to you.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 02:43 PM

Sad to hear Mike, but only you know what's best. Anyway you go, best of luck.

Rick
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 03:00 PM

It wont be the same without you my friend
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 03:27 PM

Mike aren't you feeling well? I parked mine when I wasn't feeling good, I lost 30pds 20 more to go then I might get back out.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 03:47 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike, best of luck with everything.

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 03:50 PM

Quote:

Mike aren't you feeling well? I parked mine when I wasn't feeling good, I lost 30pds 20 more to go then I might get back out.

I'm feeling OK, its just I'm going to have to lay out
some serious money here shortly and I'm not sure about
my income. I want to build a new shop and thats
about 30K and if Chrysler goes belly up thats 1/2
of my income out the door, plus I dont know what
will happen to my health care(the last couple of
years I sure needed that). Plus if things go the way
I am hopeing on the shop, I will need the time to
build it..... too many things are up in the air right
now and I SHOULD know more in 2 weeks
Posted By: StrokerPost

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 03:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm feeling OK, its just I'm going to have to lay out
some serious money here shortly and I'm not sure about
my income. I want to build a new shop and thats
about 30K and if Chrysler goes belly up thats 1/2
of my income out the door, plus I dont know what
will happen to my health care(the last couple of
years I sure needed that). Plus if things go the way
I am hopeing on the shop, I will need the time to
build it..... too many things are up in the air right
now and I SHOULD know more in 2 weeks

Theres alot of that "higher priority" stuff going around here lately. Good luck with everything, glad to hear you're alright.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 04:10 PM

Tough decision, but a prudent one, hopefully things work out well for you and all the others from and in the US auto industry, pretty uncertain times.
Posted By: 451Guy

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 04:30 PM

I did the same thing last summer. Some times a thing called life gets in way of racing. I was up set at first but I ended up having the best summer in a long time. Some time away can ease the stress that our hobby can create as well as the financial burden it can cause. I enjoyed last summer so much I am planning year two of my hiatus. As long as your health is good it may be nice to relax and focus on some other areas of life that require some attention. My car is long paid for so it can sit in garage - it will be there when I decide to go back as will yours!

Enjoy the Break and sip the odd cool one - I did and have yet to regret it.
Posted By: BigFish69

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 04:51 PM

Come on Mike summer is short here in michigan and the future is uncertain for all of us. So lets GO RACING see you at Ubly.
Tom

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 08:09 PM

Thanks guys... we will see what happens in a couple of weeks
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike, but at least you left open the idea for the 2 closest events if you could make them You have to do whats best for you right now and getting your new shop done while things are still a bit stable is probably the best plan. Take care and keep us posted. Talk to you soon. Greg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 08:39 PM

Mike I'm gonna get my new motor fired this weekend hopefully, then throw the car cover over it for the summer unless I step in some gold for once instead of poo poo. Very depressing. If I do get money to race I'll have to borrow or rent a truck to pull my trailer. Right now I just want to get caught up on bills and get straightened out, then it will probably be winter time again. LOL
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 09:25 PM

Good luck Raff.
Posted By: cgall

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 10:00 PM

I'm going to take the other side on this one, I say scrap the shop plans and go ahead and race. What's a year's worth of racing going to cost? Maybe $3K in entries, fuel, and tires. I've spent way less, running 10-12 times a year.

That's a far cry from a $30K shop. Once the situation with Chrysler is settled, then you might resume the bigger project.

At least get your driver out to some bracket races and see how he does.
Posted By: cgall

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 10:21 PM

Also, Mike, I was recently inspired by Mr. Maximum Entropy who posted on a topic that asked something like "What effect will the economy have on your racing?"

He posted "I'm racing this year, because it may be my last!"
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 10:39 PM

Well even if you dont race aleast come out and hang with us at the CC events

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 11:05 PM

Quote:

I'm going to take the other side on this one, I say scrap the shop plans and go ahead and race. What's a year's worth of racing going to cost? Maybe $3K in entries, fuel, and tires. I've spent way less, running 10-12 times a year.

That's a far cry from a $30K shop. Once the situation with Chrysler is settled, then you might resume the bigger project.

At least get your driver out to some bracket races and see how he does.

You dont understand the shape that the shop is in,
I'm lucky it made it through the winter. When it
would snow I would turn the heat up in there just
to help melt the snow off the roof to take the weight
off...... its in BAD shape. I've been trying for
over a year now to get a shop(fighting with city hall)
Posted By: emarine01

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 11:10 PM

Its allways the darkest just before dawn// Hang in there fella , best of luck /Craig
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 11:12 PM

Good luck with the new shop, that sounds like part of a plan you have. I do hope you get to run the car a few times this year at least.

Pensions and the big 3 automakers can't be a good feeling. But I think they will come out of this with something.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/07/09 11:59 PM

Best of luck to you Mike. I took most of least year off because of the high fuel prices and other issues with getting the car ready. Right now I'm in the process of some home improvements and cutting lot's of firewood. The car is taking a back seat again. I understand what you are going though.

Sometimes you need to make choices on where the best place to put money is, the race car may not be it. Keep us posted on how your shop build is going.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/08/09 12:26 AM

Hey when you get it all sorted out Mike you know where to find us

We will mis ya
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/08/09 12:35 AM

I feel for you ,Mike.I am still trying to get my shop done,getting a car ready to race,and have numerous other irons in the fire.
Do what is best for you and your family,just stay with us on here and keep us posted.
Posted By: moparlulu

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/08/09 01:16 AM

Good luck with your shop Mr P! I hope all goes well. From the sounds of it you need a new one. A guy needs a nice place to store his toys.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/08/09 01:53 AM

Mike,do what you think is best! You're a smart guy,and you've been VERY helpful to me the last year or so! Don't hesitate to get in touch if you ever need a helping hand! Seriously! If you do park the car,you can ride with me when I head out to Ubly or Milan with the X! I could always use a helping hand! Take care buddy,and say howdy to Lauren for me! RandyB
Posted By: DRDart

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/08/09 01:54 AM

I here ya Been there for the past year But family comes first. it'll come around hang tough
Posted By: 383man

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/08/09 02:32 AM

Real sorry to hear that Mike. I wish you the best of luck. Even though I have never met you I get the feeling you are a first class act and one nice guy. I do hope you keep posting and keep us up to date. Take care , Ron
Posted By: Rodney

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/09/09 12:41 PM

best of luck with what ever you do Mr P body
I parked {and then sold} my race car several years ago and to be honest it was a nice change for a while to do other things. you can always come back to it
I've enjoyed reading your post and all of the help you give, thanks.
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/16/09 01:50 AM

Mike who knows my car might not be ready.I will drive that little car of yours.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: I'm Parking The Car - 04/16/09 11:58 PM

Hey Mike I know you probably know as many builders as racers but if you need some help contact me as my brother does that for a living and is always looking for extra work-especially when it comes to trading labor for parts/labor. Greg
© 2024 Moparts Forums