Moparts

Post deleted by Defbob

Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/07/09 02:15 AM

Posted By: 540dust

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:30 AM

I used to have one, I would advise against it.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:33 AM

Well I only have experience through a customers car. I dont like them at all. He has even had the
"Fix" pieces put on from LRT chassis and I still dont care for it.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:40 AM

Fred , Adam Sailor aka Guppy has a DARE k, he has modified it quite a bit though..He is on Yellowbullet by the name Demongup, hes got the lime green Demon, dragradial, Xstreeme street, 8.50 car
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:45 AM

Fred - I have one. PM me anytime for details or send me your number - probably easier to talk about it.
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:46 AM

Hey Fred, save your money, you're going to need it..... we got started today.

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/07/09 02:51 AM

Posted By: dthemi

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

no need to save any I am doing a very good job on stimulating the economy said the account. also doing a better job than congress as I am using my own money not the tax payers

How will any of that help build inner city gang art centers or basketball courts??

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 03:27 AM

Quote:

Fred , Adam Sailor aka Guppy has a DARE k, he has modified it quite a bit though..He is on Yellowbullet by the name Demongup, hes got the lime green Demon, dragradial, Xstreeme street, 8.50 car

That's my old one.

Do I need to post the video ?

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/07/09 03:38 AM

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 03:48 AM

The issues are BUMPSTEER.....BIG TIME..The one on my customers car could not back up without sucking the front end down on the tires making unsteerable in reverse. Also forget alignments for a race type set up. Could never get it right. It now has the LRT "fix" of new lower control arms, still not to my liking but a lot of the bumpsteer is now gone.

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 03:48 AM

There is a shimmey issue. Mine would happen at top end whenever the front suspension got loaded, hitting the brakes, srubbing off et or hitting a bump in the track. You could get off the brake and most of the time it would stop. It did not appear to be a bumpsteer issue.
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 03:50 AM

Quote:

There is a shimmey issue. Mine would happen at top end whenever the front suspension got loaded, hitting the brakes, srubbing off et or hitting a bump in the track. You could get off the brake and most of the time it would stop. It did not appear to be a bumpsteer issue.

A friend of mine got one and had the SHIMMY at the big end. He did the mods then sold it and got an LRT.

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 04:02 AM

Oh yeah I forgot that one...The one I deal with now has the death shimmy on the top end with the new LRT lower ball joint. Did not have the issue previously. I have told him I wont drive the damn car with it on there.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 04:03 AM

Quote:

one may be on car I am buying so not much can be done but also not 100% positive that's even the brand yet.

sure there is something you can do about it , get that POS out of the car , adjust offer on the car accordingly ...
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 10:31 AM

IF the only issue is brake shimmy that might possibly be solved by using front wheels with more offset.

Other issues that may or may not ever be solved:

Bumpsteer/Ackerman
Poor quality/fit
Steering arms too short
Terrible customer service

An AJE will be no better.

Fred, were I buying a car with a DARE or AJE in it, I would lower my offer enough to allow for replacing it.
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 01:25 PM

Customer had one on his car... Nothing but problems.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 01:50 PM

Dare to say no to DareK member.One of our races installed one and it cost him a lot of time and money to fix it.Biggest piece junk ever.

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 02:10 PM

So - my car is referenced in here with the Dare K member. With stock steering arms, it had horrible bumpsteer. With LRT arms, bumpsteer mostly gone, but now has the shimmy on the top end when the front gets loaded.

Not to hi-jack this, but: Who makes a good K member that eliminates these issues? What else would need to be purchased? I have Magnum Force tubular uppers, stock LCAs, LRT steering arms, Flaming River Pinto Rack, and Coil-Overs.

I'm already maxed out on the offset at 2.25".

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 03:06 PM

RMS Alterktion is a good one.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 03:43 PM

Quote:

Yea he's going to need it because if he buy's that DARE part your going to have to fix it up..

Posted By: silverfish

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 04:38 PM

I had one and it was awful. It had bumpsteer problems and the shimmy problem. It would shake so bad when you hit the brakes after the finish line that is would shake the tach loose from the steering column! I took it to a chassis shop and had some custom ball joint arms made for it to get the bumpsteer out and got most of the shimmy out after a while also. Then came along my big wheelie mishap and it took care of the DARE k member for me. Now I have an Alterktion and couldn't be happier with it! Here is a pic of the custom ball joint arm I had made if it helps any....

Attached picture 5148591-Darekmemberpics014.jpg
Posted By: chargerron69

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 04:46 PM

if its the guy in indiana i would deal with him at all. i have heard waaaay too many horror stories about that guy.
Posted By: HemiGreg

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 07:00 PM

Them there Dare K members are not safe for 160 mph plus cars. If your going to run one you will spend 2X as much trying to make it safe before you can run. yea they seem ok at 100 mph but big end stopping and control is dangerous!!!!!!!!
cut it out and be safe---or take insurance out big time and name me beneficory-LOL.
but serious-stay clear for your useage!!!!
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 09:41 PM

Fred
Do a search of DARE {Dave Adolette(sp?)Racing Electronics} here on MOPARTS, It wont come up good.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 10:25 PM

Fred
RUN do not walk away from anything to do with that nut. PM me or call me for all the sordid details.
JUNK!

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 10:56 PM

fred, its not worth the money to fix it, walk away fast! dare k frames suckkkk.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 10:58 PM

Quote:

So - my car is referenced in here with the Dare K member. With stock steering arms, it had horrible bumpsteer. With LRT arms, bumpsteer mostly gone, but now has the shimmy on the top end when the front gets loaded.

Not to hi-jack this, but: Who makes a good K member that eliminates these issues? What else would need to be purchased? I have Magnum Force tubular uppers, stock LCAs, LRT steering arms, Flaming River Pinto Rack, and Coil-Overs.

Al & lil demon, maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you are blaming LRT for trying to help you!!
I don't know how or why you bought the Dare POS.(should've done homework)
So LRT sells you HIS steering arms built for LRT's K and you sound like you are mad that it didn't solve the problem. He didn't design the dare k or have it in his shop to see how dare built it.
Lil demon you could buy LRT's K minus the arms and rack. I have the 3rd one he built and it works great!
I was just at Byron dragway first day open this year(green-no rubber) went mid 9s @ 136mph smooth as silk and no brake shimmy. I know LRT's K works! Don

Attached picture 5149294-BKD6_09_10_191A.jpg
Posted By: W5Dart378

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/07/09 11:07 PM

I run one. I bought before There were other options. It forced me to learn all about the ft suspension and steering geometry. I'm on my second generation steering arms and planning on the third. Over the 3-4 years of screwing with it I have raised the rack 3", centered it and lowered the k frame 3/4". It is pretty low but saves the oil pan. The shimmy comes and goes, but nothing like when I first ran it.

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 12:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Al & lil demon, maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you are blaming LRT for trying to help you!!
I don't know how or why you bought the Dare POS.(should've done homework)
So LRT sells you HIS steering arms built for LRT's K and you sound like you are mad that it didn't solve the problem. He didn't design the dare k or have it in his shop to see how dare built it.
Lil demon you could buy LRT's K minus the arms and rack. I have the 3rd one he built and it works great!
I was just at Byron dragway first day open this year(green-no rubber) went mid 9s @ 136mph smooth as silk and no brake shimmy. I know LRT's K works! Don

Um - No - I'm not blaming LRT for anything. The Dare K memberwas on the car when I bought it and I didn't know any better at the time. I talked to LRT and he said his arms would mostlikely correct the bumpsteer. They did improve it somewhat - but they introduced the shimmy - never had that before.

LRT has no blame here. I need to get the spindle face plates machined .250 as LRT recommends to see if that solves the shimmy.

I have no desire to spend a ton of money for a new K frame. Before I do that - I'll put an entire new front clip in it and drop a bunch of weight.
Posted By: therocks

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 01:10 AM

RMS also makes one with mini torsion bars now,Ive seen Bills stuff and I have his strut rods on the 65.Nice stuff.Rocky
Posted By: badwej

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 01:46 AM

I have one it works good now only took 3 years and lots of changes. Where are you getting it from I thought Dare was not biulding his junk anymore.
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 01:52 AM

Fred - that K frame combined with the red horse fittings will be one hell of a combination!

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 02:40 AM

Um Cudadon...NO not blaming LRT for the POS K member. I am happy you have been happy with your chassis guy, you should be. I do however have some issue with the timeliness of delivery of the parts for sure. I was not privy to both sides of the conversation so can only go by what I was told.

my suggestion from the beginning has been to SH*T can it and go another direction. I dont own the car just try to do what customers want, that is why I left parts sourcing to lil. I have also had experience with an AJE Mopar kit and we threw it away and put in a lightened stock K.

Bottom line is the dare K is a huge POS..LRT is making pieces that solve some of the issues with them for sure. Should he be applauded for his efforts, maybe, or is he a business man who saw an oppourtunity and has the means to capitalize on it, I will let folks form their own opinions on that.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 02:51 AM

Quote:

Bottom line is the dare K is a huge POS..LRT is making pieces that solve some of the issues with them for sure. Should he be applauded for his efforts, maybe, or is he a business man who saw an oppourtunity and has the means to capitalize on it, I will let folks form their own opinions on that.

For the record, Rob (LRT) is not making pieces to repair a DARE K-frame setup. A DARE is a rip-off of Rob's original design with some differences. One of the differences is the steering arms.

I have never met Rob but have referred a few friends to him that had front end troubles. He is a very knowledgeable guy who doesn't want to see DARE's junk killing people.

I met with Dave Aydolette (DARE) when I discovered what a piece of crap my AJE is. I knew Dave was a tool when he told me that simply swapping LBJ's side for side would not affect bump steer and Ackerman.

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/08/09 12:46 PM

Posted By: B G Racing

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 12:57 PM

Quote:

never seen as much negavtivity on a product since I join this board 6 or 7 years ago

It is what it is Fred,Facts don't lie.Everyone That I know that had a Dare K member had problems and either reworked them or scrapped them.This has been posted and hashed over many times in the past.Aren't you glad you asked?
Posted By: dthemi

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 02:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

never seen as much negavtivity on a product since I join this board 6 or 7 years ago

It is what it is Fred,Facts don't lie.Everyone That I know that had a Dare K member had problems and either reworked them or scrapped them.This has been posted and hashed over many times in the past.Aren't you glad you asked?

When is the crucifixion? I’d like to attend.

Yeah, having never personally owned, or worked on one I’d run from anything that had one. I’d also never want to line up next to a car with one. The one I have seen looked like a funny car in tire wobble backing up.
Posted By: silverfish

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 03:02 PM

Quote:

The one I have seen looked like a funny car in tire wobble backing up.

Yeah I forgot about that problem. When I would back up the tops of the front tires would just lay in bad! The new balljoint arms that I had made didn't even take that out! Just a poor design. I guess thats why he doesn't make them anymore....well and the fact that he never even tried to help anyone out and never returned phone calls!
Posted By: DRAGRCR632

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 04:19 PM

WOW

for the record ive never made and repair peices for the dare crap

what i did is i had an overwhelling phone
calls for help with thier dare K frame and
tried to help and biggest problem was the lack
of steering arms from dare so all i did was sell
mine to people and it helped about 75 % of them

as for demons steering arms and lack of timely fashion???? he called sent money and i make
all my peices one at a time per order so
if i have 10 orders he is 11th in line

i even sent him another set on alum tierod sleeves for free cause he didnt know what he need
so i gave him what everyone esle had used????
and that ended up short

just for the record ive STOPPED selling my arms to ANYONE that doesnt have my K frame all ready
i decided that im not goin to put up with the
bashing here on moparts and other places

its funny ive stoppe comin on here also but a customer of mine what me to post
ive tried from the get go to make a product for
the mopar crowd that was there but the ones out there didnt work but of the few people that decied to voice thier problems on here and bash
me pretty hard i will no long come on here
and will no longer help ANYBODY except LRT
K frame customers PERIOD

LRT

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 04:41 PM

Cant say I blame LRT for no longer dealing with DARE stuff, frankly i woudl not deal with it even on a customers car. I have had a hands off approach with them myself from day one. I have made none of the changes to the Demon or the Duster that had the AJE POS. In both cases my customers made any changes to those POS parts. I will remain in a hands off mode as far as thes things are concerned. Probably because I am in the auto repair business in the lawsuit happy state of California, I choose not to expose by business to any liability from bad products. Thus I maintain a hands off approach to either of these products.

Was not trying to pass any judgement on LRT just stating my view of what transpired. the only reason i have knowledge of any of this is i let Lil use my shop to make all the changes to the car, so I am well aware of how long it was here. The reason the second set of "sleves" was sent, was the originals were to short, might have been a miscommunication who knows. I have no reason to doubt what I was told, or any reason to doubt LRT I just know what transpired on this end. But hey I only heard one side of the conversation. Like I say I maintain a hands off approach with these and always will.

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/08/09 07:11 PM

Posted By: Dap

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 07:30 PM

Fred I remember hearing people complain that they paid for the product and never got it.
Posted By: unknown

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 07:40 PM

I "DARE" you to buy one.

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/08/09 08:50 PM

Well - I for one am trying to figure where in the heck LRT got bashed in this whole thing. I do not see where that rant was warranted at all.

I did not bach him merely stated the facts - bad bumpsteer with DARE K frame and stock arms. Bought LRT arms - bumpsteer minimized - shimmy introduced. I stated that I need to get the spindle plates machined to see if that is the fix.

Someone - anyone - please tell me where/how that is bashing.

BTW - I AM an LRT customer.

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/08/09 09:00 PM

Posted By: Defbob

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/09/09 01:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Fred I remember hearing people complain that they paid for the product and never got it.

I cancel the deal on 70 Cuda that had one

silver 'cuda??

or the red one?

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/09/09 01:11 AM

Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: DARE K members and front ends - 04/11/09 04:29 PM

Sounds to me like you need to be in touch with BondoBob!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums