Moparts

Racing suits...

Posted By: HardcoreB

Racing suits... - 06/10/21 01:23 PM

What does everyone like? (Brand, separate jacket/pants?/one-piece? Shoes? Size? Misc comments? etc...) It'll be for an 8.50 or slower application. What all do I need to have? What kinda costs? FWIW I like the looks of some of Sparco 2-piece stuff but, definitely open to hear from the racers.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 01:30 PM

Love my Sparco pants, jacket and shoes, have both -5 and -15 lite stuff. But used G force stuff for years to with no issues.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 01:39 PM

It’s HOT out here.... definitely the two piece. I went with the Racequip stuff. Black pants to hide dirt grease etc... blue jacket matches the car smile. Went XL on the pants. Definitely large(suspenders required) but I can throw them on over my shorts and remove them easily after a pass. 3.2-A5 since I’ve chosen the expensive route of running in the 9s. Took awhile to get used to wearing gloves, but just second nature now. Went RQ on the shoes too since I was placing the jacket/pants order anyways. I really need to get a Nex-gen head support deal....
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 01:45 PM

Thanks guys! ...I'll start looking but keep the advice coming. I'll prob need: shoes neck collar pants jacket and? Where would I find a list of what I am required to have?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 01:59 PM

When I got cert'd and legal 13 years ago down to 8.50, I bought a G force multilayer jacket, pants, and neck collar. I borrowed a friends gloves for the 2 races I went to that I actually needed to be legal for.
Unless it's changed, I don't think you need the shoes.
Seems like the jacket and pants requirement is different from naturally aspirated to power adder...even if it is slower than 8.50. It's been a while since I looked through the rulebook, so don't quote me on that.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 02:38 PM

I have run GFORCE 2 piece multi layer suits for years and they are ok.

Recently I switched to a PRO1 two piece multi layer suit and I will say it is 10x better. It's is lighter and seems to breath better.

Just my 2 cents.

Casey FJ
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 02:42 PM

I was lucky enough to stop at the Jegs store in Ohio, and could try on different brands. I bought Racequip stuff, and it fit better. Like Jay, Black pants, and Blue jacket. No way I'd buy a one piece suit. I like using the jacket in the lanes to keep the sun out of the car as much as possible.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 03:44 PM

Sparco here.
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Racing suits... - 06/10/21 05:48 PM

I ran RJS suits, shoes, neck collar and gloves for about 13 years. Switched to Sparco 4 years ago, after winning a $500 gift certificate at our racers banquet. SPARCO jacket , pants, shoes, and gloves are much better than the RJS. The soles on my RJS shoes kept coming loose.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Racing suits... - 06/11/21 12:20 AM

All of my stuff is RJS except my gloves. Multilayerpants and jacket. They are Frickin’ HOT! I chose them because they are (were) local. Not sure if I will buy again though.

Randy
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Racing suits... - 06/11/21 07:11 AM

My -15 pants and jacket are 3 layer and hot during the summer here in central Oregon but I don't want to have burnt skin if I get caught in a fire in the car so I live with those two extra layers of fire protection work up
Posted By: dvw

Re: Racing suits... - 06/11/21 11:38 AM

My stuff is all G Force. 2 piece for sure. On Hot days just pull the pants up over a pair of shorts. Plenty comfortable as far a fit and weight. I like their helmet and gloves as well.
Doug
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Racing suits... - 06/11/21 04:22 PM

I have Simpson -15, 2pc suit, tailor fit so it fits great. (No additional cost for the custom fitting) also USA mfg.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Racing suits... - 06/11/21 08:26 PM

I have had RJS, i like it, but never really compared it to anything else. Two piece all the way. Don't forget to order nomex socks, sometimes people forgot those.
© 2024 Moparts Forums