Moparts

Howard's BB hydr roller cam

Posted By: hemienvy

Howard's BB hydr roller cam - 05/31/21 05:01 PM

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-723515-12/make/chrysler

Like to try one in a stock-type 440. I think it would be just fine, thought I would ask here if anyone had used this particular cam.

272/278 - 219/225 - 112
.510" / .500" lift with 1.5rr

Performer RPM with center divider welded up
700 Holley
1.875 headers
Posted By: GY3

Re: Howard's BB hydr roller cam - 05/31/21 05:09 PM

I''m using the slightly larger .545 lift version in my 505. Lots of miles and use and it has worked really well with zero issues.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Howard's BB hydr roller cam - 05/31/21 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
I''m using the slightly larger .545 lift version in my 505. Lots of miles and use and it has worked really well with zero issues.

Not to hijack but what springs are you guys using on the hydraulic roller cams? I watched Vizards video on beehive springs and was wondering if there were any new advancements in hydraulic roller springs.
I went with a little too much flat cam in my street car so I was thinking of going to a "smaller" cam either solid roller or hydraulic roller.
Gus beer
Posted By: GY3

Re: Howard's BB hydr roller cam - 05/31/21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
Originally Posted by GY3

Not to hijack but what springs are you guys using on the hydraulic roller cams? I watched Vizards video on beehive springs and was wondering if there were any new advancements in hydraulic roller springs.
I went with a little too much flat cam in my street car so I was thinking of going to a "smaller" cam either solid roller or hydraulic roller.
Gus beer

Unfortunately, the springs had been put on the heads before I got them. I had the machinist check them out and he said they were good to go. I have no information on what they are.
© 2024 Moparts Forums