Moparts

Heard Milan DW is Closing

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/01/21 08:53 PM

I heard Milan dragway is closing.. going bankrupt..
also heard Badder is looking to buy it shruggy
wave
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/01/21 09:01 PM

Les from Hard Core Pawn is the listed creditor. I never liked the way Milan ran the track on TNT nights. I have been driving farther to Mid Michigan. Clean and very well laid out. I always get more passes at MM.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/01/21 09:36 PM

That DIRTY RAT Cliff Riley still owes me moLa for being the track photographer tsk
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/01/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
That DIRTY RAT Cliff Riley still owes me moLa for being the track photographer tsk

You mean Jekyl & Hyde ?

What a guy he was.

Way before anyone was doing stationary burnouts I talked to him about putting in a concrete burnout pad.
Told him it would make the cars more consistent and would keep from tearing up the asphalt.
He just about tore me another one - “who do you think you are telling me how to run my track?”.

This was after having normal conversations about things a day before at a Chrysler Test Day.

Not sure why Milan attracts such management like this.
Stopped racing there years ago because of the current management.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/01/21 10:52 PM

Milan was pawned last year. It went to court last week. They defaulted. The final court date is April 9th. IHRA and the pawn shop say they both have buyers.
Doug
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/02/21 12:26 AM

T man ... but I do have some good memories of Milan ....

FIRST 500$ Plus win in bracket 2 ...
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Heard Milan DW is Closing - 04/02/21 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
T man ... but I do have some good memories of Milan ....

FIRST 500$ Plus win in bracket 2 ...

My good memories outweigh the bad.

My first time out in my SS car, all the test days Chrysler held, my first SS win, we won the IHRA Nationals one year, so yes - good memories.
I just find it odd how a person gets in business to end up being a d#*& h”#$ to most of the racers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums