Moparts

Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds

Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds - 03/19/21 11:37 AM

Another question. I'm building a 383/438 stroker for my customers 68 Charger that has the stock hood. Would I be wasting my time going with the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake if I am using the stock factory exhaust manifolds? Should I just go with an Edelbrock Performer intake?

Thanks
Darren
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds - 03/19/21 01:50 PM

Unless what you’re building is very mild, the RPM should be better.
Posted By: B1Frank

Re: Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds - 03/19/21 03:14 PM

I have a 446 inch 440, and i like the RPM manifold, and i have used them all ! ..............great manifold for a duel plane.......i would use it with stock manifolds. for the street
Posted By: feets

Re: Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds - 03/19/21 08:41 PM

If you're worried about the RPM being choked by the exhaust you can relax a bit. It's a distinct improvement over the non-RPM on most motors regardless of exhaust used. Granted, better exhaust would help but you're not at the point where the exhaust will cancel out intake improvements.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds - 03/20/21 12:59 AM

Generally speaking, if your manifold motor is in the 425 HP rrange, the regular Performer or CH4B are fine. After that, there will be some power advantage to the RPM. Also the Performer and CH4B will do better over 425 HP with the divider milled down.
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Performer RPM Intake and Stock Exhaust Manifolds - 03/22/21 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. After speaking with Dwayne Porter I think we are going with the RPM and a Lunati Voodoo cam for this build. Thanks again!
© 2024 Moparts Forums