Moparts

aluminum welding in western Washington

Posted By: hemienvy

aluminum welding in western Washington - 02/12/21 08:15 PM

I have some heads and intakes that I want to get some fill welding done, aluminum build-up.
Not looking for machine work (yet).
Hopefully a shop or individual that is well versed in castings, and not just aluminum stair railing for example.
Thanks !
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: aluminum welding in western Washington - 02/13/21 12:30 AM

I had a guy up there do some head work for me several years back, I can't remember his name or shop name now but he was off the bypass freeway # 167 from Tacoma going east to Summer and Pacific probably in Auburn at the airport, DON'T use HIM tsk
There should be a bunch of good aluminum tig welders working for Boeing work scope
Which part of WA are you in?
If around Tacoma and Seattle area try contacting one of the Austin brothers, Walt or Buckey, that race hemi motors in blown alcohol classes up their. I'm sure they know the good shops to use and the bad shops to stay away from. I would ask them if they do their own engine work first before asking about who else to use to do your head welding scope
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: aluminum welding in western Washington - 02/13/21 01:01 AM

Call DG machine in Auburn. They do a lot of race stuff; they may or may not do it themselves, but they’ll have the short list of who to go to. Dale is the owner. If he’s not available, talk to Lane. They’re both guys that eat sleep breathe drag racing.
253-735-1373
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: aluminum welding in western Washington - 02/13/21 05:21 AM

BGR talk to AJ or Bob
© 2024 Moparts Forums