Looks like I-30 will be back in action after a mulit year closing

Attached picture redline.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/06/21 07:18 PM

Schedule

Attached picture redlinesched.jpg
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/06/21 07:36 PM

Yeah, don't know what it took to get it out of the prior owners hands or litigation? But yep it's reopening, used to be Ennis was the track the Dallas racers liked, now they have 3 and the Fort Worth racers are the ones having to go east to race unless you feel like the hike west to Abilene. Caddo Mills used to have a pretty nasty bump at about the 660 mark if you were riding in a hard tail dragster, runner-up Ed at a Thanksgiving race there a few years ago and ended up with cuts on both shins from the dash, lol. I really like Extreme raceway, good prep, good shutdown and concrete pits...Ennis, to me is a PIA track, too big, kills my poor old electric golf car batteries every time, lol.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/06/21 07:51 PM

Yes it looks like it'll be great ! Brian "Lump" Self purchased it Should be great. Lots of work going on pics on Facebook. Yes XRP is GREAT ! Good feelings about Texas race tracks. Our home track Lubbock Dragway has also been purchased and apparently good things happening here too.

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/06/21 07:57 PM

I think when I moved to Texas in 98 there was 7 tracks within 100 miles or maybe more, got down to like 3 I think at one point ..couple places that were built closed awful fast ..
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/07/21 02:03 PM

This must be a mistake, everybody knows drag racing is dead.

Seriously, some real racers involved here and I wish them good luck.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/07/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
This must be a mistake, everybody knows drag racing is dead....

Always good to hear. and to think once upon a time we nearly landed in Lewisville.....

my closest track 2hrs still no schedule out, next 3hrs away never even opened in 2020. The one 4hrs away let go of all their staff a month or two ago. Still waiting for the one 5hrs away to announce something. Only race schedules I’ve seen are both 1/8th mile tracks... one 4.5hrs away Irwindale CA, and Barona CA 6hrs away.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/07/21 06:11 PM

Redline, Crandall, Northstar, Kennedale. All gone. I hear Extreme down in Ferris is pretty nice. drive
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/07/21 06:27 PM

[quote=bobby66]Redline, Crandall, Northstar, Kennedale. All gone. I hear Extreme down in Ferris is pretty nice. drive [/quote

]It's a dam shame what happened to Crandall. I never thought Northstar would go away either. Yes I heard Extreme is really nice. Kennedale was good, but houses starting moving in all around, then complaining about the noise. Crandall was by far imho the best run track of them all.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/08/21 05:37 AM

Maybe I'll check out Yello Belly....... work
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/08/21 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by bobby66

Make sure you're armed if you do......

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/08/21 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ChrgrCuda

I've been several times, never felt threatened but, did not stay much later than sunset neither
Posted By: GY3

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/08/21 01:58 PM

I finally got to see that track a few years ago when I picked up a car from an auto auction near there.

"The Gut" was everything people said it was. hop

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/08/21 04:25 PM

It looks more like a POW encampment

Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/08/21 11:03 PM

Never been to that track myself, it's a grudge track, grip it and rip it, bring cash...have some friends who drive turbo ricer cars who go out there alott and win some pocket money, dude who lost his life in the afore mentioned video was hauling a$$, got clipped in the quarter panel at near the finish line...no roll cage.....and I'll leave it at that...track hooks decent and there's some fast cars that go out there...but since I'm a bracket racer no need for me to ever go out there...
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/09/21 01:53 PM

My first 4 second 1/8th mile pass was at this track (Redline back then ) several years back !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETwuZLoCGFk
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/09/21 04:28 PM

I have always heard they checked everyone for guns when they arrived at the track....

If you don't have one they give you one!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Apparently, Caddo Mills is back ? - 01/09/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda

I have always heard they checked everyone for guns when they arrived at the track....

If you don't have one they give you one!
haha up thumbs devil
© 2024 Moparts Forums