Moparts

Big Block MRE Rockers

Posted By: RROD

Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 03:19 AM

Are the MRE big block rocker kit sold by Mancini ok for use on a hyd roller engine? What material are the rockers made of (aluminum, chrome moly)? They look like comp cam magnum roller rockers.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 03:42 AM

They are aluminum rockers without a roller bearing and are perfectly fine for a HYD roller. They are actually made by Harland Sharp for them.
Todd
Posted By: RROD

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 03:58 AM

Thanks for the information. Their price is $300 dollars less tan comp cam magnum rockers. Always leery when a similar product is so much cheaper than the other.

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 04:30 AM

OK just to check here what part number are you looking at ? The Mancini rockers look nothing like a Comp Pro magnum? They look like a Harland sharp without a bearing. The pro magnums are steel but look completely different. Todd
Posted By: LaRoy Engines

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 01:58 PM

Are you looking at the PRW rockers listed on the big block rocker arm page?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 02:10 PM

The steel ones look like PRW to me (not sure if that is what they actually are)

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/17/20 02:39 PM

They may well be. I have not seen Mancini selling anything like a Pro magnum UNDER their Brand. Just the bearing less HS ones. I will have to look on their website. Either way those would work as well to the original poster. I have used the PRW stainless rockers with out issues. PRW also makes an aluminum roller bearing rocker that looks like a blue Harland Sharp. I have not used those so I cannot tell you much about them.
Todd
Posted By: 440_Offroader

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/18/20 07:10 PM

So do you need to use full time oiling on the MRE rockers since they're not roller? Also was curious about the PRW stainless Rockers. It doesn't say if they're roller or bushing style. Wondering if anyone knows for sure?
Posted By: rebel

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/18/20 09:34 PM

what kind of spring pressures are those MS MRE good for? I have a solid roller & my springs are getting up there.
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/18/20 10:54 PM

The PRW stainless rockers are bushed on the shaft.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Big Block MRE Rockers - 12/18/20 11:23 PM

The PRW's I bought use ball ball pushrods.
© 2024 Moparts Forums