Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: HEMI RR - 12/16/20 09:13 PM

Project Tetanus FTW.
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: HEMI RR - 12/16/20 09:26 PM

That was fun to watch!
Posted By: GY3

Re: HEMI RR - 12/16/20 09:58 PM

Big fan of that car! Puttin' the hurt on the Foxbodies.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 01:37 AM

That car looks like a "bait" car I would expect to see in SO CA street racing shruggy
I'm thinking it could go a lot quicker and faster with a little more work work
Posted By: topside

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 02:03 AM

Yeah, Cab, except nothing poking through the hood & no scoop...
The guys that made the money generally resisted having decent paint.
That was before patina & barn-finds were all the buzz.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 12:35 PM

Help me out here...............does the leaf blower count as ' No Prep " ? laugh2
Pretty cool !
Posted By: GregY

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 12:47 PM

I like the pickup parked just off the shoulder near the finish line. Looks safe to me!
Posted By: racerx

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 01:45 PM

Tetanus.......I like it cool
Posted By: Neil

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 05:03 PM

That RR sure takes off fast once it settles down. blush

I agree that the people and the truck parked down at the end of the track are not in a very safe place.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Neil

I agree that the people and the truck parked down at the end of the track are not in a very safe place.

NOT safe, but neccesary evil to call the "close" races when one car wins by a bumper
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 06:03 PM

N/A Hemi vs turbo cars? Nice.

The money changing hands is not worth the risk of prison. Not even close.

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by Neil

NOT safe, but neccesary evil to call the "close" races when one car wins by a bumper

Could just have a drone with a camera flying above the finish line instead?
Posted By: GregY

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 07:18 PM

I can probably appreciate the thrill of "street" racing (I assume that was a closed street and being done with permission from someone) and the associated hazards, but parking the truck there and having three guys standing between the oncoming racecars and the back of the truck to take pictures is just idiotic (IMHO).

I would think a finish line camera would be easy enough to employ.

Oh well, I don't have any skin in the game, I just thought it was a strange place to intentionally place a truck and people.

The Hemi RR is cool though...
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel

Not N/A there Joel...it has a lot of nitrous on it.

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel

I Agree 100%.....but i will say as having done this kind of thing, there is no other racing that comes close. I have track raced but the adreniline rush on the street is up there. Again i know that sounds stupid and it is crazy risky , but its like a drug for sure, and if you havent done the drug, you cant relate.....

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by GregY
I can probably appreciate the thrill of "street" racing (I assume that was a closed street and being done with permission from someone) and the associated hazards, but parking the truck there and having three guys standing between the oncoming racecars and the back of the truck to take pictures is just idiotic (IMHO).

I would think a finish line camera would be easy enough to employ.

Oh well, I don't have any skin in the game, I just thought it was a strange place to intentionally place a truck and people.

The Hemi RR is cool though...

you are so right, you think you can get out of the way of an out of control car?? think again. Thats an accident waiting to happen and the truck is just a big object that would destroy a car at well over 100mph. The guys watching should be farther back, but im sure they think they are safe and can get out of the way quick.
Posted By: GY3

Re: HEMI RR - 12/17/20 08:39 PM

We raced the guy with the "Mean Green" Camaro in that video on the street a few years ago.

I tried to keep it kinda quiet but a bunch of his squirrel street racer friends showed up to watch and it was in a pretty busy part of town.

Never again!
Posted By: A/MP

Re: HEMI RR - 12/18/20 03:12 AM

The whole idea of this post/video is to let people know that Mopars can be competitive with something other than a bracket or nostalgia car. How did it start moving towards political correctness? For those of you calling out the safety issues, well,oh,uh, have you driven while on a cell phone? No one is asking you to race on the street. You do want you want to do...
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: HEMI RR - 12/18/20 03:15 AM

Some good pics!!

https://keithblack.com/pages/plymouth-roadrunner-hemi-keith-black-tetanus

Re: HEMI RR - 12/18/20 03:56 AM

Are the people at the finish line guaranteed to be hurt standing there? No. If by chance something were to happen it might be ugly. At the very least the truck should not be there so the drivers don't accidentally hit it.

Many years ago I saw a guy here with a 68-69 gto race car break the rear end right at the timing lights. The rear wheels locked up solid and spun the car around backwards in the blink of an eye. By the time the car stopped bouncing off everything it looked like a ball of metal more than a car. Stuff happens to even the best cars and drivers.

And, yes it is nice to see a Mopar car with a Mopar engine getting some notoriety.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: HEMI RR - 12/18/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by A/MP
The whole idea of this post/video is to let people know that Mopars can be competitive with something other than a bracket or nostalgia car. How did it start moving towards political correctness? For those of you calling out the safety issues, well,oh,uh, have you driven while on a cell phone? No one is asking you to race on the street. You do want you want to do...

I didn't mean to mess up your thread. I think the beater Hemi RR is awesome, and fun to watch. Reminds me of the Hate Tank.

As far as the danger, everyone there who is in danger, has voluntarily put them selves in that position, so I have no issue with that.

I'm just saying I wouldn't do it because the risk of prison if something goes awry is to great for me. I value my freedom way to much. If others choose to accept that risk, none of my business.
© 2024 Moparts Forums