Moparts

Fire Extinguisher mount

Posted By: DusterKid

Fire Extinguisher mount - 11/13/20 12:46 PM

Looking to mount a fire extinguisher to my roll bar. Who's mounts do you guys use and like?
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 11/13/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by DusterKid
Looking to mount a fire extinguisher to my roll bar. Who's mounts do you guys use and like?

I use H3Rs Halguard extinguisher with their billet mounts.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 11/13/20 02:29 PM

i dont have a recommendation other than...Make sure its secure!! You dont want it flying around in the event of a crash. Maybe better to look into a fire "system" that has a mounted bottle and plumbed lines. A lot safer than an extinguisher that can come loose and bash you in the event of a roll over or crash
Posted By: Brewzer67

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 11/13/20 03:13 PM

Here is one I found on Amazon that works really well and looks good. I used a little heat shrink tube on the clamps to spruce it up some.

Attached picture Fire_Extinguisher_mount.jpg
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 11/13/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Brewzer67
Here is one I found on Amazon that works really well and looks good. I used a little heat shrink tube on the clamps to spruce it up some.

How is the quality of that one? I was looking at it and some of the reviews I've seen said the machining is a little sloppy and it rattles. Not sure if you could really hear it rattle in a race car, but just curious what you thought of the quality of it.
Posted By: Brewzer67

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 12/13/20 06:45 AM

The quality is good. No rattles from mine at all.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 12/13/20 04:05 PM

I’m thinking of mounting one as well. I thought there would have been a lot more responses with pictures.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Fire Extinguisher mount - 12/13/20 04:09 PM

Something to keep in mind when looking at mounts, from NHRA Rule Book:

"When installed in a race car, must be mounted in a secure manner; use of flip-open-type clamps prohibited"
© 2024 Moparts Forums