Moparts

Identify Lakewood scattershield

Posted By: TRENDZ

Identify Lakewood scattershield - 09/25/20 09:26 PM

Hi guys, I bought a used/ good condition Lakewood bell for a sbm. I want to order the clutch/ flywheel. How do I identify the required flywheel tooth count? I assume the starter mount is different for different flywheels. Is there a measurement point I can use?
I have no flywheel to try or measure, starting with a scattershield and starter, nothing else here.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Identify Lakewood scattershield - 09/25/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Hi guys, I bought a used/ good condition Lakewood bell for a sbm. I want to order the clutch/ flywheel. How do I identify the required flywheel tooth count? I assume the starter mount is different for different flywheels. Is there a measurement point I can use?
I have no flywheel to try or measure, starting with a scattershield and starter, nothing else here.

As far as I can remember none of the Mopar SB passenger cars offered a 11.0 or larger clutch, only 10.5 or smaller.
The truck motors had 11.0 and larger clutches in them.
My message is I think all the SB Lakewood scatter shields are for 10.5 clutches but you can use a 10.95 with the proper pressure plate scope luck
Hopefully someone else will chime in on this also if thy did offer bigger than 10.5 in the cars
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Identify Lakewood scattershield - 09/25/20 10:47 PM

130 tooth is your only option.
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Identify Lakewood scattershield - 09/25/20 10:48 PM

Cool. Thank you guys!
© 2024 Moparts Forums