Moparts

Sometimes the little guy wins

Posted By: ZIPPY

Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/07/20 07:43 PM

Great story.

https://www.dragzine.com/news/ohio-racer-drives-low-buck-duster-to-bristol-footbrakes-to-10k-win/
Posted By: 65Fury440

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/07/20 08:49 PM

What a cool story!! Congrats to Andrew!
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/07/20 10:43 PM

Totally totally awesome! Great story, thanks for posting...
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/07/20 10:55 PM

Driving 300 miles in a Duster loaded up with parts and then living in a tent at the track doesn't sound like fun to me! I might be up for a Toterhome and a trailer kind of deal.......
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/07/20 11:56 PM

Now that is a cool story!! Great car too!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/07/20 11:57 PM

Awesome! up
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/08/20 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Driving 300 miles in a Duster loaded up with parts and then living in a tent at the track doesn't sound like fun to me! I might be up for a Toterhome and a trailer kind of deal.......

I have done similar when I was a lot younger as far as sleeping at the track in the race car with one front bucket seat, my Son slept in the truck car hauler seat.
That was a long time ago, I like motorhomes or motels for sleeping when I'm out of town on the road racing now up
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/08/20 02:57 AM

Super cool story, it doesnt happen to often
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/08/20 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

I have done similar when I was a lot younger as far as sleeping at the track in the race car with one front bucket seat, my Son slept in the truck car hauler seat.
That was a long time ago, I like motorhomes or motels for sleeping when I'm out of town on the road racing now up

Ouch!! Could you stand up straight the next day?

Mike
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/08/20 03:25 PM

Well, you're well past "little guy" status and have been at "major dude" level for awhile now, so it's to be expected.

Me? I'm just too old for that Sh........stuff, not to mention having a medical requirement for electricity all night every night doesn't work too well with a tent.......
Posted By: GY3

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/08/20 05:51 PM

Camping in a tent is akin to being homeless. realcrazy

I love my 21st Century amenities too much.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/08/20 05:57 PM

I had a reservation at a motel in Wasco, CA west of the track, when I went in to check in they had rented it out at a higher rate, Dang foreigners trying to get richer quicker. No other rooms in Wasco that night due to being the March Meet race weekend that weekend so back to the track to sleep.
I could move around okay with no problems back then, that I can remember now shruggy Not now grin
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/09/20 01:47 PM

He does pretty good at National Trails every week.

Excited to see local guys performing on a big stage.
Posted By: Mike Swann

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/09/20 03:56 PM

Glad for the win!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/09/20 05:11 PM

When we use to pull with my wifes truck.. we use to sleep in a tent at Norwalk.. wasnt bad at all,, we
had a couple of air mattress's and a small generator so we could make coffee in the morning...
but glad I got a 43' trailer with LQ and my diesel 3500 truck.. that made life much easier.. but she
hated riding in the diesel due to the smell and she quit going ( the smell wasnt bad at all)
wave
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Sometimes the little guy wins - 07/09/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
Camping in a tent is akin to being homeless. realcrazy

I love my 21st Century amenities too much.

I sleep in my trailer a lot. It got heat and AC so its actually pretty comfortable.
© 2024 Moparts Forums