Moparts

valve cover gaskets

Posted By: Lime446

valve cover gaskets - 03/27/09 08:43 PM

Just curious what brand or kind of gaskets everyone is using with the indy cast valve covers
Posted By: AndyF

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/27/09 08:57 PM

Get the Moroso ones.
Posted By: Lime446

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/27/09 09:06 PM

Looks like the ticket Thanks!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/27/09 09:12 PM

I just got a set of those,how well do they work compared to the Mopar ones that are like them,i went to buy the mopar ones and they're$60 now,i was paying $22 for them last season...
Posted By: rowin4

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/28/09 04:07 AM

I don't know about the mopar one's but the moroso one's are the best valve cover gaskets i've ever bought,put them on with no sealer and not a drop of leakage. Had the covers off three times and they still seal like new. As you say high $$$$ but it's pay up or keep smelling the burnt oil

Posted By: 493_DART

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/28/09 07:10 AM

i have a set of those Moroso--im sure they will work great with my cast alum. covers i just got.

they sure didnt with my $25 stamped steel cheapo chromes .....actually... nothing worked on one of them...
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/28/09 05:32 PM

I installed the blue Moroso's last month and had to put alittle ultra blue on the valve cover side because it was leaking a bit. I guess my valve cover is a little warped or bent.
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/28/09 05:54 PM

i'll give them a try. I used the coak but they arent good for multiple uses. they bake on. so i went with rubber which works good for me.

i look for a set for my sb. any deals out there?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: valve cover gaskets - 03/28/09 07:30 PM

Has anyone seen the ones on Ebay? They are listed as steel shim rubber for $20 plus $9 shipping WAY less than the Moroso--Could be a better deal...
© 2024 Moparts Forums