Moparts

Big hp lockup converter.

Posted By: Uberpube

Big hp lockup converter. - 06/21/20 02:06 PM

Does anyone know of a mutidisc lockup converter for 46rh through 47rh transmissions? I
I'm putting my 47rh/np205 combo together but the transmission guy doesn't think a single disc converter will hold with stroker hp and the weight of the truck. There is a lot out there for diesel, but stall speed is too low for the engine.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/21/20 02:27 PM

contact PATC
https://transmissioncenter.net/home/
Posted By: slomoshun

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 01:06 AM

If you find someone who will make one let me know. I’ve tried everyone I could think of
Posted By: HDNMOPERS

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 08:19 PM

Precision of New Hampton inc
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by HDNMOPERS
Precision of New Hampton inc

New Hampton Iowa? You got to be kidding.... shruggy
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 09:03 PM

It looks like the way to do this is to run the compushift mini so you can map out the converter control to unlock it when your foot is in it. The standard 727 converter most likely doesn't have enpough room to get real clutch area in it. This is probably the reason for the larger bellhousing and converter on the later diesel and v10 motor applications.

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 10:10 PM

Never used them myself. But seen a build guy had a custom lock up vert for 200-4R to a SB Mopar with Reid Bell. But yeah New Hampton Iowa. Are they not very good converters? On their site it says they build Verts for the tranny he was asking about.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 11:10 PM

Thats around 13 miles north of me. I have never heard of them doing performance converters,Just rebuilds. If there was a good converter company I would think the guys at the track would have sais something. wave

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/24/20 11:46 PM

Check out their site. Heck 13 miles away go check them out.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/25/20 01:02 AM

SMR Transmission
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Big hp lockup converter. - 06/25/20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by HDNMOPERS
Never used them myself. But seen a build guy had a custom lock up vert for 200-4R to a SB Mopar with Reid Bell. But yeah New Hampton Iowa. Are they not very good converters? On their site it says they build Verts for the tranny he was asking about.

I've had very good luck with Precision of New Hampton's triple, carbon fiber lock-up converters. I have a 3800rpm stall lock-up converter in my '68 and a 2500 rpm lock-up converter in my 2008 GMC 2500HD. Both perform flawlessly and I got great customer service and very quick turn around.

Attached picture 200R4 3 (Medium).jpg
Attached picture Heart (Medium).png
© 2024 Moparts Forums