Moparts

What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars?

Posted By: MrMoparRacing

What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 04:37 AM

Howards Cams currently makes these items for
Small Block Mopar:
Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts
Mechanical Flat Tappet Camshafts
Steel Billet Mechanical Roller Camshafts
Billet Timing Sets
Cam Correct
Hydraulic Lifters
Mechanical Lifters
“THE ORIGINAL” Direct Lube Solid Lifters
Mechanical Racing Roller Lifters (Vertical Bar)
Race Valve Springs, Retainers, Locks, Seals, Caps
Distributor Gears
Ultimate Duty Billet Connecting Rods

Big Block Mopar:
Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts
Mechanical Flat Tappet Camshafts (3 Bolt)
Steel Billet Mechanical Roller Camshafts (3 Bolt)
Billet Timing Sets (singe & three bolt)
Cam Correct
Hydraulic Lifters
Mechanical Lifters
“THE ORIGINAL” Direct Lube Solid Lifters
Mechanical Racing Roller Lifters (Vertical Bar)
Race Valve Springs, Retainers, Locks, Seals, Caps
Distributor Gears

Howards Cams is wanting to know what MOPAR customers want Howards Cams to make that they currently do not offer. Rocker arms, crankshafts, connecting rods, pushrods, stroker pistons ect. Please be specific to exact sizes, such as rod length, stroke, piston bore, ect. Your input is highly valued!

Howards Cams products are MADE IN THE USA!

Howards Cams products are now available at Summit Racing Equipment!
Posted By: goldmember

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 04:40 AM

I like the cool box for storing cams.
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 05:04 AM

An "affordable" rocker setup for the max wedge victors. I bet they would sell like hotcakes. Well, as hotcakey as mopar can get anyways lol.
Posted By: BCFKody

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 05:22 AM

Hot Hydraulic roller cams and hydraulic roller lifters for big blocks and small blocks with stock displacements, and especially for hot street/strip stroker motors.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 05:50 AM

An affordable quality H-beam rod and 440 6pak style flat top pistons for 440 Mopar.The rods should be stock size(.990 pin OK)6.76 length,3.75 stroke,pistons in +.020,.030.040 and .060 oversizes from 4.320 standard bore.
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 06:04 AM

Quote:

An affordable quality H-beam rod and 440 6pak style flat top pistons for 440 Mopar.The rods should be stock size(.990 pin OK)6.76 length,3.75 stroke,pistons in +.020,.030.040 and .060 oversizes from 4.320 standard bore.

Same with a 383. Lots of guys still building those. Just look in the Q&A every now and then.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 06:10 AM

Yes to the 383 parts also!! I should have mentioned those in my original post.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 08:14 AM

affordable ($3-400) rockers / alum and SS , in 1.6 AND 1.7 ratio .
Posted By: StandOnIt

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 11:22 AM

Quote:

Hot Hydraulic roller cams and hydraulic roller lifters for big blocks and small blocks with stock displacements, and especially for hot street/strip stroker motors.

A good hyd roller for s/b strokers.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 11:31 AM

Add Mopar SB to their Pro-Max line of direct lube roller
lifters......and keep the prices sane.
Posted By: sickhemi

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 12:03 PM

W2 rockers affordable
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 12:41 PM

TA rockers affordable. i really really want a set of the harland sharps but I cant afford to spend $1000 buck on the set.
Posted By: patrick

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 12:45 PM

I'd love a 4" strock SBM USA forged/USA machined crank in the same price range as their USA forged/USA machined SBC cranks, maybe a cast crank option in the $400 range if it was cast/machined in the USA.

I'd really, really love them to make their powderforged rods in SBM size, or at least 6.125" SBC, with the little end designed such that they could have a SBM pin size option without having to do a lot of spendy rework. those powderforged rods look like they'd be awesome for a street build up, or any application where you're looking at under 600HP or so.
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 01:25 PM

I just installed my new Howard's cam earlier this week (haven't fired yet).
Y'all have great customer service and great products. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Blown61

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 02:51 PM

They move from Oshkosh?
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 03:24 PM

rocker arms! offset for indy, victor, et cetera.
Posted By: sbdemon

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 04:42 PM

W2/W5 rockers 1.6 1.7 ratio.

sbdemon
Posted By: Defbob

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 10:08 PM

Big Block

Forged Cranks: 4.25", 4.375, 4.5", 4.75" strokes, 2.2" x 2.009" wide rod journal on all, 2.75" mains, 8 bolt

Forged Crank: 3.375" stroke, 2.375" X 2.050 wide rod journal, 2.75" mains, 8 bolt

Billet Rods: 6.76" long, 2.375 journal, 1.014" width, .990 pin

Billet rods: 6.86" long, 2.375 journal, 1.014" width, .990 pin

Posted By: BradH

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 10:30 PM

If you offer a composite (not bronze) billet-cam compatible distributor drive gear for other brands (like Comp and Crane do), how about tooling one up for the Mopar crowd? Having to run a bronze gear on a street car is one of the things that's turned me off from switching to a solid roller in my 440.
Posted By: emarine01

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 11:08 PM

Quote:

sbdemon

Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 11:12 PM

Fordged SB cranks in 4.125, 4.250, 4.375. Rod journals of 2" would be OK.
Posted By: VanishPt

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 11:18 PM

A mechanical fuel pump for a Hemi that does not require grinding anything.
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/27/09 11:30 PM

Cam cores for Chrysler, Dodge, and Desoto early hemis.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/27/09 11:42 PM

Posted By: dartman366

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 12:22 AM

Quote:

lifters as good as Crane Ultra Pro Mechanical Roller Lifters

And with pushrod oiling,,ans also the w2/w5 race rocker, stand and shaft set-up in 1.6 and 1.5 ratio.
Posted By: cbarracuda

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 12:27 AM

mechanical camshaft using mushroom tappet 316 duration 107 crnterline valve lift 654 for SB and BB thanks
Posted By: drag440

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 12:42 AM

I would like to see a cam button and bolt kit that will work on big blocks with aluminum front covers.
Posted By: drag440

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 12:45 AM

I would also like to see some off the shelf, solid roller NOS cams for Mopars.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 01:41 AM

Quote:

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 03:48 AM

Howards Cams tech guys are reading this post so please keep the ideas coming on what you would buy if they made it. Once again Howards Cams products are AMERICAN made including their crankshafts and connecting rods!
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 04:03 AM

How about a 425"-440" SB stroker kit. Also rockers to fit w-2,w-5 & maybe indy heads.

Attached picture 5124374-JZ_Dean-TM.jpg
Posted By: johnnyp

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 08:13 PM

I second this...
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 08:32 PM

a good and fairly priced set of rockers with everyting that goes with them for W2-5 heads
Posted By: Moparteacher

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 08:48 PM

Direct lube HYDRAULIC .904" lifters compatible with high spring pressures for typical stock eliminator applications.

I-beam 383 rods. Stock sizing...<810 grams. PLEASE!

Currently the only "shelf" rod for 383's are Eagle H-beam at over 840 grams and from overseas.

Custom Cunningham, Manley etc. rods are $1400.-$2100.

If you can make them for less than $500 I will buy them tomorrow!
Posted By: lowell66dart

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 08:59 PM

W2 VALVETRAIN STUFF.....
Posted By: kick_the_reverb

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 09:00 PM

Drop-in Hydraulic roller lifters for small block.
There are drop-in solid rollers, but as far as I know all the hydraulic rollers available require grinding on the block.
thanks,
Ran
Posted By: neonic

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 10:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

sbdemon

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 10:26 PM

One piece Big Block oil pump cover similar to the one Ted use to make

Ted's pump cover
Posted By: moeflo

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 10:43 PM

How about having a hard look into what's needed for the 5.7/6.1 hemis. Valve train parts to get them into the .800+" lift range, as well as parts for the street crowd.. The aftermarket isn't saturated, their potential is off the chart and they're still in production. Help make the GM "LS" series guys miserable. It's the right thing to do.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 10:46 PM

Big Block Steel roller tip rocker arms. bushed, not roller bearing, with 3/8" adjusters

1.5, 1.6, & 1.7 ratios

Big Block:

.904" Solid Roller lifters with oil pressure feed to the roller bearing and/or pressure feed to the pushrod

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 10:59 PM

Quote:

How about having a hard look into what's needed for the 5.7/6.1 hemis. Valve train parts to get them into the .800+" lift range, as well as parts for the street crowd.. The aftermarket isn't saturated, their potential is off the chart and they're still in production. Help make the GM "LS" series guys miserable. It's the right thing to do.

isn't one of the limiting factors for big cams in those motors is distance of the rocker arm to the spring pocket?
Posted By: FastOne

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/28/09 11:29 PM

small block oil pump ( with billet gears )
Posted By: KD800X

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 12:37 AM

How about Hemi Parts.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 03:26 PM

Quote:

Sstock length would be 6.768 , that .008 makes a difference when the piston makers decided they needed to make a little shorter CH piston that'S ALREADY .020 in the hole on a factory blueprint deck , not that everyone has a factory blueprint deck .

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 03:29 PM

Quote:

It would end up being a stock replacement rod for that price , is that what you are looking for ?

There isn't really anything wrong with the eagle rod except it being for a floating pin which means the only piston you can use it with is KB piston
Posted By: rtstreet

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 04:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And with pushrod oiling,,ans also the w2/w5 race rocker, stand and shaft set-up in 1.6 and 1.5 ratio.

LIFTERS and if this were a wish list a low deck cast iron 4.500 bore block that would go to atleast 4.580 if not 4.625

Attached picture 5127004-summit004small.JPG
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 06:58 PM

Did I mention anything for early hemi motors? If you are making sb parts, these early hemis are not going to require alot more tooling. And there IS a market.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 10:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It would end up being a stock replacement rod for that price , is that what you are looking for ?

There isn't really anything wrong with the eagle rod except it being for a flaoting pin which means the only piston you can use it with is KB piston

Yes! Stock replacement w/1.094 floating. The Eagles have excessive side clearance on the big end, and are too wide on the small end to fit into a KB without modifications. The small end must be narrowed to fit into a KB #162 for 383.

And, whenever possible I prefer to purchase designed in, made in, finished in, distributed in, and owned by America/American.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 10:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There isn't really anything wrong with the eagle rod except it being for a flaoting pin which means the only piston you can use it with is KB piston

Yes! Stock replacement w/1.094 floating. The Eagles have excessive side clearance on the big end, and are too wide on the small end to fit into a KB without modifications. The small end must be narrowed to fit into a KB #162 for 383.

And, whenever possible I prefer to purchase designed in, made in, finished in, distributed in, and owned by America/American.

well then I guess thats a good thing since the KB162 is a useless POS and should be a persons LAST RESORT when it comes to 383 piston choice .

I like to buy American products also , but americans have become accustomed to a certian standard of living so unless the majority of americans want to earn the wage of a 3rd world sweat shop worker then the 500 american rod is a pipe dream at best ...

But I digress ...

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 11:04 PM

How about a steel valve spring retainer for 3/8 valve that fits Comp beehive spring #26095 and 26055. Currently only titanium offered.

Or, PAC #1255 and 1295
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 11:19 PM

How about some more up to date profiles for bigblock race solid rollers? Split duration, more lift, options for high ratio friendly lobes, etc.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/29/09 11:57 PM

The KB 162 has it's appropriate place in the market even if it's not in a high performance application. Not everybody runs all-out and heads-up.

As for the cost of American made product and the cost of the American standard of living; being accustomed to a higher standard of living is a good thing and should be rightfully defended, and we should hope others can enjoy the rewards of Liberty, Freedom, and the inalienable rights that have secured our standard of living.

I am fully aware of the sacrifices that have ensured my rights and liberties that have enabled Americans, and so many others, to take advantage of the secured opportunities that have allowed for a higher standard of living.

I also understand that seeking an unrealistic value for an American made product results in a lower standard of living, not just for those manufacturing the product, but for all Americans, with the end result being the end of American manufacturing.

If an American made con-rod under $500 is a pipe dream then so be it. I'm alright with that. I will gladly pay more to ensure my continued standard of living and that of the American employees that make the products I purchase, it just means I won't buy it tomorrow. I will need to save before the purchase but I will still insist on American made first before cost, for the VALUE that comes from helping to ensure my family, and others, a higher standard of living is greater than the savings that may be made from buying from a government that disreguards civil rights, human rights, liberty, freedom, and democracy.

I fully believe buying product from a Communist controlled country undermines all that has been sacrificed in the last 233 years! And I can give a rats [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] if anybody thinks otherwise!

So, if Howards makes 383 rod, in the USA, I will buy it.
Posted By: ahy

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/30/09 01:17 AM

Another vote for steel rockers with standard and special offsets for Victor and stage 6 heads.

Also, could you make your direct lube lifters standard height if there is such a thing for Mopar? If they were about the same height as Comp's most people wouldn't have to buy new pushrods to use them. I'm sure you would sell more.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/30/09 01:25 AM

a decent priced drop on spring/retainer for a magnum head that's in the 350lb/in range and a coil bind height of around .95-1", that maybe even used stock retainers?

budget spring/retainer choices are very slim for a magnum....

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/30/09 03:49 AM

Quote:

The KB 162 has it's appropriate place in the market even if it's not in a high performance application. Not everybody runs all-out and heads-up.

So, if Howards makes 383 rod, in the USA, I will buy it.

The KB162 has it's place if you want to build a LOW COMPRESSION PIG, .024 in the hole AND a CANYON like valve TROUGH at 5cc ...

As far as the rod , if they make it I'll buy it also , but considering the 383/400 market I'm NOT holding my breath ...

Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/30/09 04:20 AM

4.25 stroker crank for small block mopars with 2.0 chevy journals so it will easily fit any small block mopar with minimal grinding and lots of rods to pick from. You could take it a step farther and make it in a kit with good 6.125 I beam rods and pistons you could steal all of hughes thunder with their honda journal crank that only gives you 426 inches.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/30/09 04:21 AM

An oil through flat tappet solid lifter that costs less than a hydraulic since they are easier to make.
Posted By: bill_greenwood

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 03/30/09 10:17 PM

S/B roller rockers for LA's- 1.6 and 1.7 ratio, 550-600 lift solid and hydraulic roller cams for S/B along with roller lifters that fit with no block mods.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 04/01/09 12:54 AM

"Obviously, some items are not feasible (cost vs volume) to do but we can sure get working on some of this. Thanks for all your help and efforts."

This is a direct quote from one of the Howards Cams Tech guys! So keep the ideas coming on parts that you would buy if Howards Cams made them.

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 04/01/09 12:05 PM

Quote:

"Obviously, some items are not feasible (cost vs volume) to do but we can sure get working on some of this. Thanks for all your help and efforts."

This is a direct quote from one of the Howards Cams Tech guys! So keep the ideas coming on parts that you would buy if Howards Cams made them.

nice thing with the small block stuff I mentioned, with a minor change, or a little thought into the design, they should be able to make a mopar powderforged rod from a 6.125" chevy blank, w/a little secondary machining change, same with a SBM stroker crank. the magnum spring could be applicable to other makes as well, it'd basically be a 1.65" or so IH spring w/~100-120 seat pressure, and a 1" or so coil bind height and somewhere between 300-350lb/in rate

for people requesting the rocker arms, I wonder how the powder forging technology would work in a rocker....
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: What Do YOU Want Howards Cams To Make For Mopars? - 04/02/09 10:58 PM

how about a rev kit for big and small block. i'd go for a solid roller on the street in a heartbeat if only a rev kit were available for a reasonable price!
© 2024 Moparts Forums