Moparts

YEAH.. New Wheels!

Posted By: MSMOPAR340

YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 01:58 PM

Just wanted to post this out there. I believe there is someone who might enjoy this After about almost two years, the new wheels are FINALLY on the car. And boy do they make the Yellow Cuda stand out. Can't wait to get more pics at test n tune here in a couple weeks.

Thanks for your help, you know who you are

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:00 PM

Link's not working

Like the new avitar though

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:02 PM

Quote:

Link's not working

Like the new avitar though

Yea, I'm not sure why that is. All I did was upload the attachment.

HMMMM.... Let's try a different picture.

Attached picture 5120003-DSC01084.JPG

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:04 PM

Make sure the pic is a JPEG type of file.

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:20 PM

Quote:

Make sure the pic is a JPEG type of file.

Well with the help of Photo bucket, it's now fixed..

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:23 PM

Sweet.

Now you just need to paint the drums yellow

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:44 PM

Quote:

Sweet.

Or flat black

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sweet.

Or flat black

Hmm.. I honestly didn't think about that. Thanks for the suggestions guys..
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 02:52 PM

I vote for flat black on the drums also! That's how i did my dart, which has prostar's on it also. I think colored drums behind the wheel take away from the wheel's appearance. That's just my opinion though...

Attached picture 5120126-Copy(1)ofPicture012.jpg

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 03:14 PM

Ok, if not yellow,

How about PURPLE
Posted By: RacerGofKGB

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 03:17 PM

If the drums or rotors are painted any color other than black, it looks very "ricer" to me.
Posted By: 6packattk

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 03:20 PM

I would recommend a rust neutralizer product first then paint,I have had good luck doing that route.All my car has ever needed was a different set of wheels,just have not been able to make up my mind which ones.Those are on my list,my car has 80`s appliance (mariachi wheels) my brother calls them.
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 03:20 PM

Quote:

If the drums or rotors are painted any color other than black, it looks very "ricer" to me.

Posted By: rowin4

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 03:23 PM

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 05:49 PM

Ok I give up

All joking aside black would be best.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 06:06 PM

Are those 7/16" studs with slicks,if your making any kind of power,it won't be long before your breaking them off,i found out the hard way and i only run drag radials...

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 08:42 PM

Quote:

Are those 7/16" studs with slicks,if your making any kind of power,it won't be long before your breaking them off,i found out the hard way and i only run drag radials...

The car is only expected to run 11.80's. I'm not sure if they are 7/16, I'm going to say no. But not sure. I do know that we have been running these studs for a good 5 years and I have not had any problems at all. I'll have to check on that. Thanks for the info.

Sounds like flat black is the number one choice. Think I might have to do that this weekend.
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 08:52 PM

need a shot of the whole car but from what i see it looks good

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 09:04 PM

Quote:

need a shot of the whole car but from what i see it looks good

I know, I know. The car is still in the garage. Dad has made a BUNCH of changes to it over the past month trying to get it ready for test n tune on April 5th, and then off to Pinks All Out at Z-Max in Charlotte April 24-25. But don't worry, I'll make sure to get the full car picture taken here soon.

Can't wait to see you guys! Hopefully you'll be at the Classics again this year.

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 09:10 PM

If I know your dad that car has a 1/2 stud in it. Easiest way to check is just grab a 7/26 and a 1/2 wrench and see which one doesn't go over the threads.

You guys must have made a few changes if your hoping for 11.80's

IIRC you were running mid 12's

What did you change
Posted By: SealockRacing

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 09:33 PM

they look like 1/2x20 to me
Posted By: cgall

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/26/09 09:45 PM

They look like 1/2" inch to me, too, just like mine, which are 16 years old and have gone 10.24 at 128 MPH.

As for paint, I like the semi-gloss barbeque black. Go to your parts store and see if they can find you a center cap.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/27/09 01:34 AM

Quote:

Did Mopars come with 7/16" studs?

Nice pic by the way.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/27/09 02:07 AM

Yeah spray those drums with high temp BBQ paint
Posted By: RonP

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/27/09 02:49 AM

I agree with black. See ya in Charlotte.

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/27/09 01:30 PM

Quote:

If I know your dad that car has a 1/2 stud in it. Easiest way to check is just grab a 7/26 and a 1/2 wrench and see which one doesn't go over the threads.

What did you change

Towards the end of last season our best pass was 12.14. We made a motor change mid season last year. Had some set up issues, but with the new motor we were able to pick up half a second. Finally put an actual racing 340 in the car.

During the off season car has gotten a better torq converter, bigger carb, new springs, slicks, wheels, and a few other odd and end things. Dad started it up the other day, and you'll notice a difference when you hear it.

Can't wait to see what we do at test n tune.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/29/09 03:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks for info on the 7/16 studs but they are 1/2" on a 4 1/2" bolt pattern. Axles were modified for bolt pattern.

Dad/crew chief and builder
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/29/09 03:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What did you change

Towards the end of last season our best pass was 12.14. We made a motor change mid season last year. Had some set up issues, but with the new motor we were able to pick up half a second. Finally put an actual racing 340 in the car.

During the off season car has gotten a better torq converter, bigger carb, new springs, slicks, wheels, and a few other odd and end things. Dad started it up the other day, and you'll notice a difference when you hear it.

It was not springs it was adjustable shocks. You should know you bought them
Posted By: bonefish

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/29/09 03:25 PM

anyone who thinks this looks ricer must be SMOKIN RICE.

Attached picture 5126920-sideveiw004(Small).jpg
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 03/29/09 08:43 PM

Lookin good

Cya at the classic

Re: YEAH.. New Wheels! - 04/03/09 02:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What did you change

Hey, I bought so much that day it was crazy. We were at Jeg's what three days within one week!!

It was not springs it was adjustable shocks. You should know you bought them

© 2024 Moparts Forums