Moparts

check out this little beast

Posted By: theraif

check out this little beast - 03/07/20 07:15 PM

drive
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: check out this little beast - 03/07/20 11:34 PM

Ya know that is pretty cool and really fast, I just can't stand the sound of those things.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: check out this little beast - 03/08/20 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Ya know that is pretty cool and really fast, I just can't stand the sound of those things.
iagree thumbs\
There use to be two Mazda Rotary powered drag cars that ran at LACR back in the 1980 and 1990s, I hated those noisy suckers back then also.
I ran into a Mazda rotary motor lover and racer near Tacoma, WA that would stack the motors together to make three rotor motors and turbo charged them and use them in kit aircraft airplanes shruggy
He had a early RX7 with one of his motors in it with G force 5 speed in it that he broke a lot as well as 9 inch ford rear end that was not bullet proof either, I think got tired of breaking parts at the track and took up flying shruggy
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: check out this little beast - 03/08/20 07:30 AM

Not bad for just 70 Cubic Inches (1.1L)

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
iagree thumbs\
There use to be two Mazda Rotary powered drag cars that ran at LACR back in the 1980 and 1990s, I hated those noisy suckers back then also.
I ran into a Mazda rotary motor lover and racer near Tacoma, WA that would stack the motors together to make three rotor motors and turbo charged them and use them in kit aircraft airplanes shruggy
He had a early RX7 with one of his motors in it with G force 5 speed in it that he broke a lot as well as 9 inch ford rear end that was not bullet proof either, I think got tired of breaking parts at the track and took up flying shruggy

Dave Atkinson? If so he ran an 'Angry Bee" yellow RX2 before he switched to RX7's
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: check out this little beast - 03/08/20 02:36 PM

Chainsaw + meth+ steroids =This sound.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: check out this little beast - 03/08/20 05:09 PM

I have no idea on his name, he had a hangar at Pierce County Thunder Field airport in Puyallup, WA with the Rx7 inside along with a his kit airplane, we had stop there for lunch and was walking around the airport and saw the car with a NHRA S/ST class and a division 6 racer # on it, he had the hanger door opened and we got to talking to him about the car and his love of those Mazda motors.
My Son in Law and our three grandchildren lived in Roy, WA. back then before moving up to Spanaway, WA.
We had parked our airplane their and the grandkids like to go to the airport for eating and looking around when we would visit them.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: check out this little beast - 03/08/20 05:22 PM

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=327451004722596
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: check out this little beast - 03/08/20 05:59 PM

Some 2 rotors end up sounding quite good, some just sound awful. 3 and 4 rotors always sound good because of the changed exhaust pulse.
I had a 2 rotor naturally aspirated peripheral port motor that measured 106 db at idle for sounds, on the road course the flag people were complaining how loud it was. I tried corking it up and it lost 40 rwhp with silencers in the rear mufflers.
On 2 rotor turbo motors, the exhaust side of the turbo and the balance to the compressor wheel makes a huge difference on how it will sound. Too small and the wastegate is wide open and it gets loud, too big and it flows too much will also be loud. Just right and the motor goes pretty quiet on boost. HKS turbines are pretty much spot on, at 502 rwhp on my 13b, all you could hear was the compressor whistling under full power.

13b 2 rotor with HKS T51RSPL turbocharger.
© 2024 Moparts Forums