Moparts

Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ??

Posted By: Kindafast

Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/05/20 07:49 PM

Hey Guy's I know this has been discussed before but I have to ask. I have a small block LA engine with a .652 lift roller cam. The Cam Mfg says .23 adjustment. That really seems a little loose but ?? What would you suggest as a cold roller rocker adjustment to get close to the .23 when hot ??
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/05/20 07:51 PM

If you have aluminum heads I would try .017 and see how that works. I read on here somewhere years ago that .006 was the number to tighten up for aluminum heads cold. Seemed to work OK on my old 360.

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/05/20 07:54 PM

Thanks , I do have 360-1 aluminum heads on it.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/05/20 11:59 PM

Aluminum head, iron block .005" tighter than spec cold is a good starting point.
Doug
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/06/20 12:58 AM

On my friend’s motor that we just dyno’d, after break-in and running all out, we checked it hot and we discovered it was .010” diff cold to hot. This was indy alum heads with iron block.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/06/20 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kindafast
Hey Guy's I know this has been discussed before but I have to ask. I have a small block LA engine with a .652 lift roller cam. The Cam Mfg says .23 adjustment. That really seems a little loose but ?? What would you suggest as a cold roller rocker adjustment to get close to the .23 when hot ??

A little loose? At .23 I would say so. you miss typed and the setting should probably be .023. I would try the .006 number a .017 feeler gauge too set cold.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/06/20 02:59 AM

I would set the lash at .006 tighter than the cam cards call for hot with the motor at room temps and then make sure and check it after breaking in the cam with the motor hot twocents
I've used that for a lot of motors but I don't think I have done that with SB with aluminum heads confused
Please let us know what you find out up
Posted By: BradH

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/06/20 11:26 AM

My check of cold valves after they had been set at .018" lash hot on the dyno averaged .012" for intakes and .010" for exhausts. IIRC, that's about. 002" looser with the Victors than what I found with my old Stage VIs, so there are some variables in play here.

Re: Cold Roller Rocker adjustment ?? - 02/06/20 12:01 PM

Thanks guys , I appreciate the advice and info..
© 2024 Moparts Forums