Moparts

Indy Cylinder Heads Sold

Posted By: Adrielp

Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 01:13 PM

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/indy-cylinder-heads-sold
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 01:34 PM

Maybe these guys will be less arrogant and easier to talk to !!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stanton
Maybe these guys will be less arrogant and easier to talk to !!

iagree I don't know them (although the name Wheatcraft sounds familiar), but this has to be a good thing!
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 01:54 PM

They are true Mopar people - they run a couple of dragsters and a car - also sell all the Mopar merch at the Mopar events out of a vendor trailer - they always ran Indy motors in their race cars and had a good relationship with Indy - I wish the best for them - just finally glad somebody bough indy
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 02:09 PM

Sounds like it might be good news.

I guess they've been trying to sell for quite a long time.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 02:49 PM

Cool! Maybe I can get a better deal on a t ram without the attitude.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 03:23 PM

I guess Schumaker saw the hand writing on the wall.
Wasnt profitable enough, and bailed on the business.
Not really sure what they bought.
Outdated equipment, floppy disc CNC programs.
I tried some indy small block stuff.
Got a few good closeout deals on some parts.

I wonder if Russ will stay on board? Hopefully he wont be answering the phones!
Posted By: Frackster

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 03:43 PM

Maybe some new stuff will get introduced.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 04:46 PM

Hopefully that is good news for everybody. I'll help the new owners if they want it. I tried to help Russ over the years but he typically wasn't interested in any suggestions.
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 04:51 PM

The Wheatcraft’s are top notch people. I have known them since the 80’s. I wish them all the best and will support them as much as possible. Birdtracker
Posted By: tabletop390

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 09:34 PM

I'm heading out to PRI tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to them and find out what they're plans are moving forward.
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 10:16 PM

I talked with Chris today and the first thing they want to do is get blocks in stock and keep them in stock.
Posted By: 71Pan

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 11:39 PM

YESSSSSS call there two weeks ago about buying some single rockers their brand. Russ said " we have discontinued them" I said oh sh@# i dint realize that. He then screamed at me for swearing at him and hung up. THANK GOD
Posted By: BradH

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/12/19 11:44 PM

I'd expect there needs to be a transition period for the change in ownership... but the sooner the Flagle Factor can be removed from the operation, the better.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 12:25 AM

Never have I seen a company with such a market stranglehold (in years past) that continually shot themselves in the foot by having a bad attitude!
Posted By: Wax

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 01:11 AM

As with all other companies being sold there will be a transitional period. Hopefully the Wheatcrafts will not keep ANY of the Indy management around. As stated, the Wheatcrafts, are some serious Mopar racers and have had ties to Indy Cylinder Heads for a long time time. If you want to see one BAD to the bone race car, Google Wheatcrafts Dodge Demon. It is a piece of art for sure.

I would be curious to hear if Indy Heads will be at the PRI show next week.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 02:37 AM

I talked to Ken today about my junk. I'm just trying to pick up power. He gave a few suggestions and was top notch, just like last time I talked to him. I hope he is still involved a little

Good luck to the new Owners. I'm glad to see Indy stay open
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 02:57 AM

Yes Ken is staying on
Posted By: LA360

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 04:16 AM

https://www.dragzine.com/features/car-features/pri-2017-chris-wheatcrafts-wicked-1971-dodge-demon/
Posted By: 72sat

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 02:40 PM

Will there be a swap meet in march 2020?
Posted By: BradH

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wax
I would be curious to hear if Indy Heads will be at the PRI show next week.

If they're not there right now, they're missing it.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 08:08 PM

They are all there. It's all over the IG under #myprishow FYI.

me + aluminum block = 2020

Glad Indy will live on with new hands on the wheel.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 12/13/19 10:09 PM

Glad Indy will live on with new hands on the wheel.

up
Posted By: Furys

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/17/20 05:45 PM

just had an email conversation with these people,they say all their engine blocks are now custom made per customer so they dont stock any stock blocks or any blocks that are on the product list online,dont even have anything available,Ill go somewhere else,sounds like they are trying to push theire own machinework,too bad,I thought the new owners were going to be better,looks like not
Posted By: CSK

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/17/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Furys
just had an email conversation with these people,they say all their engine blocks are now custom made per customer so they dont stock any stock blocks or any blocks that are on the product list online,dont even have anything available,Ill go somewhere else,sounds like they are trying to push theire own machinework,too bad,I thought the new owners were going to be better,looks like not

They JUST took over, LOL, give them some time,,,WHERE are you going to find any aftermarket block, GOOD LUCK
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/17/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by csk
Originally Posted by Furys

They JUST took over, LOL, give them some time,,,WHERE are you going to find any aftermarket block, GOOD LUCK

Ohhh he’s whining over on abodiesonly too.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/17/20 06:25 PM

AH the INDY maxx blocks have ALWAYS been custom ordered. That was their biggest selling point, and kind of the point. You got what you wanted. Up until last summer when the foundry they were using sold it only took about 3 to 4 weeks from order to delivery. My first one since this happened should be arriving on Monday.
Posted By: Ody1003

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/18/20 04:56 PM

How long have you been waiting, I've been payed in full including freight since May 2019 for one for a customer. Thankfully we have both been this a long time and are well aware of what happens in this industry. If everyone knew all the facts that brought this block issue on, they can't blame Indy on this one. The new owners will straighten this mess out real quick. Rest assured on that and a whole lot of other things.
Posted By: rvw

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/19/20 04:53 PM

I have had my block on order (paid in full) since Jan 7th 2019. "Should be any day now" we shall see.

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/19/20 11:21 PM

These were ordered in May. First one since then. I have three on order.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/20/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by rvw
I have had my block on order (paid in full) since Jan 7th 2019. "Should be any day now" we shall see.

So your saying a year wait so far?

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/20/20 03:43 AM

That should soon be back to what it was. Part of the deal with the new ownership includes their own foundry that they will own and control. Going forward this should prove very productive but time will tell. The block I saw at PRI was the best looking Indy block I have seen yet. Should be one here before Wednesday and I will post my impressions.
Todd
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Indy Cylinder Heads Sold - 01/20/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by sasquatch
the new ownership includes their own foundry that they will own and control.
Todd
Wow! This could be big!
© 2024 Moparts Forums