Moparts

Our old Road Runner is coming home!

Posted By: Keith Richards

Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/21/19 07:58 PM

In 2013 I regrettably sold our '68 RR and told the buyer if he ever decided to sell to let me know. Well that day came about 5 weeks ago and yesterday it was put on a truck in Massachusetts and headed back here to California. The buyer and I have kept in good contact over the years and he has upgraded it nicely to some things it needed including new paint and bodywork. When I sold it it was running 10.40's through full exhaust out the back with a pump gas 505" motor that I had installed ported heads by Dwayne aka fast68plymouth back in 2008. The motor probably is one of the only UN-touched things as it has had many, many improvements, it how has a transbrake 727, new grid ignition and much more to numerous to list right now. Here it is when it left in 2013 and now leaving and headed home.

Attached picture 998569_161056954079873_842776164_nrr.jpg
Attached picture IMG_1656(1).jpg
Attached picture IMG_1659.jpg
Posted By: merpar

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/21/19 08:20 PM

Awsome, good to know. You never have too many toys. Curious, the color kinda looks like the mercedes color? Just a reminder, don't put any of your toys before God.

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/21/19 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by merpar
Awsome, good to know. You never have too many toys. Curious, the color kinda looks like the mercedes color? Just a reminder, don't put any of your toys before God.

Hello Jerry, I am liquidating a bit, sold our '72 road runner that I have owned/restified since '96 to help finance and make room for this to be back, enjoyed that car but just time to let someone else look after it. Color is Avalanche Gray a ford color used on many Mustangs and Raptors a few years back. Funny thing is not sure if it would be my first choice but if I had ever painted this car I wanted to do it up similar to a A11 '69 six pack car and that is pretty much the look he gave it.

Attached picture IMG_121011.jpg
Attached picture TGujx4NQ.jpeg
Posted By: WedgeFED

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/21/19 08:47 PM

Very cool Keith, funny I think we talked about the RR in sac a few months ago...
Posted By: BradH

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/21/19 10:58 PM

A12, not A11...

This was my RR. Unfortunately, I won't be getting mine back.

Attached picture 20190712_160628.jpg
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/21/19 11:00 PM

Neat, love seeing people being able to get their old rides back that want them. Cool
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 12:02 AM

Congratulations!
Posted By: 66er

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 12:52 AM

Wow it looks just like Jeff's Iron Worm except it's a 68 instead of a 69.
Posted By: topside

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 01:00 AM

Cool ! There's a couple of mine I'd like to have back...

I like the grey, makes the car look "industrial-strength" !
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 01:12 AM

Pretty cool you got it back. There are a few of my old rides I'd like to have back.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 03:21 AM

Congrats!

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 66er
Wow it looks just like Jeff's Iron Worm except it's a 68 instead of a 69.

Thanks for the congrats all, I am beyond excited!

66er, I sold it to Jeff's son so he patterned it much after his dads car. Jeff and I are good friends and have always pitted together here until he moved back to Massachusetts 2 years ago.

Here is a video of Jeff and I racing at the Sacramento Mopar race, one of my last passes in the car.

Jeff at Sonoma:

Attached picture Sc2ZT-_A.jpeg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 03:12 PM

Nice to see you got the ole gal back. I am sure it will provide some bottom bulb fun for a long time to come. As for getting old cars back, I understand why people want to get their old cars back sometimes.

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Nice to see you got the ole gal back. I am sure it will provide some bottom bulb fun for a long time to come. As for getting old cars back, I understand why people want to get their old cars back sometimes.

Thanks Al, Jeff put a ATO built 727 with brake and a Dedenbear lightning box in it so hope to do some top bulb racing next year, hopefully we can get back to MATS next year and maybe even Spring Fling if work allows. ;-)
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/22/19 10:10 PM

It looks like he removed the deck lid trim panel? I prefer the 68’s with the decor package.

Congratulations on getting your car back!

Attached picture FA2951A1-2064-4F44-8C26-A1F39819E793.jpeg

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/23/19 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
It looks like he removed the deck lid trim panel? I prefer the 68’s with the decor package.

Congratulations on getting your car back!

Great pic and beautiful car you have, yes it has the decor package and from what i remember that panel was pretty nice but may have had a scratch, I think they are sending me some parts with it so will see.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/23/19 06:11 PM

Did you sell your Challenger?

Re: Our old Road Runner is coming home! - 11/23/19 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Did you sell your Challenger?

Sold our '72 RR, still may sell the Challenger but have taken off sale for now.If I do it will be a roller or with one of my other 2 spare motors, the aluminum 572" currently in the Challenger will be going in this '68 at some point.
© 2024 Moparts Forums