Moparts

Stuck in holding pattern..................

Posted By: The Beekeeper

Stuck in holding pattern.................. - 03/22/09 01:50 AM

Having ordered my 4.150 stroker crank and .990 pin 13:1 pistons from 440 Source before I tore my engine apart was my first mistake, upon disassembly I discovered my Eagle rod TRW piston assy had 1.092 pins, my question is for longivity sake can I bush the small ends to the .990 spec or should I return the pistons for the correct pin size?.........I expect the engine to be in the 600hp range with an additional 150 NOS shot now and again for fun.........Thanks........Tom.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Stuck in holding pattern.................. - 03/22/09 01:54 AM

Why not just get new rods with the correct .990 size?

Re: Stuck in holding pattern.................. - 03/22/09 02:00 AM

Budget is tight and I had planned on using the Eagles in the new combo from the beginning.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Stuck in holding pattern.................. - 03/22/09 02:14 AM

I have done that several times before without any problem. Not too cheap though if it is done right.
You may be better off cost wise though to sale the rods you now have and just order the new rods from 440 source that go with the crank & Pistons you already got from them. I have used them on some big HP engines before without any trouble. Just be sure to get the crank and rods checked by your machine shop before throwing it together.
Good luck

Re: Stuck in holding pattern.................. - 03/22/09 02:27 AM

Thanks................
© 2024 Moparts Forums