Moparts

low race car

Posted By: coronetville

low race car - 03/22/09 12:08 AM

Before I build something that will or will not work, I thought I would ask first How did everybody get their very, very, low racecar in a enclosed trailer? I want to further add that tranny will also hit on front of the ramp[door] also
Posted By: Mopar_racer_99

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 12:17 AM

We are having that problem and we bought an electric trailer jack to decrease the angle on the trailer door. John
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 12:18 AM

My dragster went in with either A) jacking up the nose of the trailer to make the ramp door paralel to the floor, and/or B) Ramp door extension ramps.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 12:23 AM

6'8" door and 6'8" extensions that hinge on the top of the
door and its still close
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 12:24 AM

electric jack helps and I also have 2 ramps off the back that fold down. My car sits low and it works perfect.
Posted By: Gumbydammit

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 12:56 AM

Check this site out. Pit Pals
Posted By: Dale

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 01:59 AM

I helped a friend with a Trans Am that was real low and with the long Nose on it that thing was a real pain to load. Years later after he got rid of it we were talking about how much trouble it was and he said you know we should have loaded it backwards. Its worth a try.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 02:09 AM

My trailer sits pretty high(home made) but one of the
things I did was put 4 5" long alum posts at the top
of the door then the rubber bumpers mount on the posts
then the extensions have a wll on each side(home made
also)... heres a pic

Attached picture 5109756-DSC00036.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/22/09 04:29 AM

Posted By: BobR

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 04:34 AM

Quote:

I jack the trailer up as high as it will go......I've still caught the headers couple times ....The Arrow is about as low as you can go...

We have to raise our trailer up as high as it will go to get our car on-with the front end removed. The Procharger touches the trailer floor.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 11:48 AM

Thats why I have to take the front clip off my truck. The chin hits first, also I have two risers ( 2X8's) that start at the end of the dovetail on the main floor, so the pan dosent catch at the break from angle/flat

Attached picture 5110187-Truck001.jpg
Posted By: sr4440

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 03:25 PM

here’s what I use

http://www.buffaloespeedenterprises.com/320086.html

they are a bit long, but they work without a hassle. I got tried of playing the “jack the trailer up” game with my trailer.

Joe
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: low race car - 03/22/09 05:00 PM

Quote:

here’s what I use

they are a bit long, but they work without a hassle. I got tried of playing the “jack the trailer up” game with my trailer.

Joe

Buddy of mine has the same setup for his dragster, works great....

I bought a 60" set of RACE RAMPS for mine that are incredable, they are a composite material and weigh less than 10# a piece. Similar to the pic.....

Rickster
© 2024 Moparts Forums