Moparts

Holley acquires Hilborn

Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/29/19 04:38 PM

The Hilborn Fuel Injection business has been sold to Holley and will be moving to Bowling Green, Kentucky during Q4 of 2019

Just a heads up if you didn't see that notice.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/29/19 04:56 PM

Had Hilborn gone EFI?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/29/19 05:20 PM

That is probably a good move for both companies. I've looked at the Hillborn website a few times and they don't seem interested in providing much information about their EFI setups. I assume that once Holley owns them the information will be easier to come by.
Posted By: CSK

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/29/19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
That is probably a good move for both companies. I've looked at the Hillborn website a few times and they don't seem interested in providing much information about their EFI setups. I assume that once Holley owns them the information will be easier to come by.

Well they need to have at the LEAST, a left & right fuel map for the Stack injection.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/29/19 05:51 PM

So what did Holley gain here, or was it a desperate fire sale, or a defensive acquisition so no one else would get the iconic name?
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/30/19 12:18 PM

Hilborn is a legendary company but at least from my viewpoint probably has a pretty small market share. Holley has infinitely more resources and will be able to market/promote their products better.

Holley is becoming a little bit of a monopoly though swallowing up all these smaller companies.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/30/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Had Hilborn gone EFI?
Yes, they sell Holley ECU's in addition to the mechanical fuel injection.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/30/19 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar_Rich

The Hilborn Fuel Injection business has been sold to Holley and will be moving to Bowling Green, Kentucky during Q4 of 2019

Just a heads up if you didn't see that notice.
Thanks for the scoop, this must have just been sent to Holley dealers so far, I don't see anything yet in the press or on either Holley's or Hilborn's websites.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Holley acquires Hilborn - 09/30/19 02:51 PM

Holley is in the midst of an expansion/consolidation here in BG. They’ve built two new buildings across the street from where I work and if the construction guys are correct, there’s three more going in.

I’ve got my resume in, just waiting for them to hire Maintenance people.

Dennis

https://www.lanereport.com/115627/2...-expansion-in-bowling-green-80-new-jobs/
© 2024 Moparts Forums