Moparts

New PB and a wheelstand Vid

Posted By: Tig

New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/09/19 08:10 PM

Hi All.
We ran a PB over the last weekend keeping up the New PB every meeting this year. It's ran a 9.51 which is a PB for the 572 motor mph is the same so its all down to the chassis.
Here's the Vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4B_QewPIhc
Posted By: Sammy

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/09/19 08:17 PM

Very impressive. I love it!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/09/19 08:56 PM

I would try lowering the wheelie bars so it doesn't spend so much time going up instead of forward as fast as it can the first 100 Ft. work scope twocents
Posted By: bigdad

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/09/19 09:06 PM

nice

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/09/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I would try lowering the wheelie bars so it doesn't spend so much time going up instead of forward as fast as it can the first 100 Ft. work scope twocents

We've found lowering the wheelie bar unloads the tyre when the bars stop, It's uses a radial tyre. It's a fine line between wheelstanding and spinning,you can just see it unloading around 40 seconds in. We would be better off with the Caltrac mono bar than the axle mount wheelie bars fitted now but have the tank in the stock position.

thanks Bigdad for putting up the link
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/10/19 12:11 PM

Looking good Tig!! I was gonna say that I bet lowering the bars will unload it. Looks like the radials are working for you!
Tighten up those front shocks to keep the front down.

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/10/19 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Looking good Tig!! I was gonna say that I bet lowering the bars will unload it. Looks like the radials are working for you!
Tighten up those front shocks to keep the front down.

Thanks Chip. We turned another flat for tighter extension after that one, we were into a headwind the next day. Less height but then span on the last two passes.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New PB and a wheelstand Vid - 09/10/19 06:02 PM

Great video! Congrats Tig! wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums