Moparts

B1 question

Posted By: e85mope

B1 question - 09/09/19 12:38 PM

Thinking about doing a B1 build however, I would like to use the indy nss intake. I've seen it done. But I'm not sure how it's done. Any help and /or pictures would be great.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: B1 question - 09/09/19 04:14 PM

Its a LOT of work and you will have as much money as a sheet metal intake when you are done. I talked to "the man" about it a few weeks ago. I thought you guys could run sheet metal stuff?
Posted By: Panty Dropper

Re: B1 question - 09/16/19 06:39 PM

What kind of B1 Motor do you plan on building? Low compression, High Compression, N/A, Nitrous, Blown, Boosted, Pro-charged?

I just re-did my 605 Nitrous motor. De-Stroked it to a 562 and went Carbureted with an F1X-12 hanging off the front of it.. smile

Re: B1 question - 09/16/19 11:25 PM

572 14:1 nss motor on One Ethanol. Oneethanol.com
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: B1 question - 09/16/19 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by e85mope
572 14:1 nss motor on One Ethanol. Oneethanol.com

I had an APD 1250’built for my B1 headed 572 but did some wheeling dealing with them for an 1150 alcohol carb which I should receive soon if I decide to Bracket Race this car.

Attached picture CD3E15A6-73BC-42FF-828F-AD3D30F9891B.jpeg
Attached picture 8FDF867F-A538-4515-BAD8-5F1CB1302A3F.jpeg
Posted By: Sammy

Re: B1 question - 09/17/19 12:28 AM

Sheetmetal intake is $3500.00+ $$
Adapter plates is your only option to use a Indy Crossram with B1 heads.
I dont think anyone is making them anymore.

Re: B1 question - 09/17/19 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sammy
Sheetmetal intake is $3500.00+ $$
Adapter plates is your only option to use a Indy Crossram with B1 heads.
I dont think anyone is making them anymore.

By the time you are done you will have that in it, unless you own a machine shop can weld cast aluminum, have some mad skillzzz and don't value your time. Then you will still have a compromise on the intake, way more so than sheet metal. But it CAN be done and there are a couple out there and they paid dearly.

B1 head and Indy head share NOTHING in common other than bolt pattern on the block. The intake bolt spacing is different as is the intake face angle between the two heads. Not to mention port size and shape.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: B1 question - 09/17/19 10:58 AM

IIRC the rules are the plenum can be sheetmetal but the runners have to be cast. At least for NSS. Best Machine makes adapters for B1 to Indy manifolds. I saw a cast B1 tunnel run for sale on one of the Mopar Facebook pages.

Re: B1 question - 09/17/19 03:49 PM

I believe it depends on which NSS class. The FX classes allow for sheet metal stuff, at least NMCA wise. I believe that's where the OP is looking to run.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: B1 question - 09/17/19 06:03 PM

IF I WERE YOU...lol
Anyway, you might look at DVW Doug's combo that makes 900HP with 440-1 heads in a 572 ...STILL USING AFB's on that same INDY crossram. That is a pretty simple and easily duplicable combo which is also pretty maintenance friendly.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: B1 question - 09/17/19 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by fbs63
IIRC the rules are the plenum can be sheetmetal but the runners have to be cast. At least for NSS. Best Machine makes adapters for B1 to Indy manifolds. I saw a cast B1 tunnel run for sale on one of the Mopar Facebook pages.

Yep, Chuck makes adapters for this.

Casey FJ
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 12:04 PM

What happened to Orig poster? I thought he was "thinking about" switching to a B1?

Attached picture 64 motor  plate lay out.jpg

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 02:26 PM

I called and talked to Chuck @ Best Machine. He said he has been out of the adapter business for a while and won't be making anymore.

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by HardcoreB
What happened to Orig poster? I thought he was "thinking about" switching to a B1?

I'am putting together a B1 for NSS. It ought to be interesting to say the least. I have a sheet metal intake now, but would rather run the indy inline cross ram. BTW.. If anyone is looking for Indy 3x intake, comp 829 lifters, or rods and pistons for a 572, check the race parts for sale section. smile
Posted By: Sammy

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 02:38 PM

I'am putting together a B1 for NSS. It ought to be interesting to say the least. I have a sheet metal intake now, but would rather run the indy inline cross ram. BTW.. If anyone is looking for Indy 3x intake, comp 829 lifters, or rods and pistons for a 572, check the race parts for sale section. smile

Good luck finding a set.
Those adapters are like gold now.

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 05:04 PM

Good luck finding a set.

I'm starting to find that out. I may just end up making my own.

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 05:37 PM

Good luck finding a set.

Not sure he can help you but give Tom a call.

http://www.hemphillracingengines.com/

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 05:55 PM

I just left Tom a message. Thanks for the referance

Re: B1 question - 09/19/19 06:33 PM

I just left Tom a message. Thanks for the referance

Hope it helps. I’ve known and raced with Tom for over 40 years. He even has on his website that he makes different spacers. Tell him John Cadamore said hi.

Re: B1 question - 09/23/19 05:27 PM

[quote=e85mope][quote=HardcoreB]

Good luck finding a set.

Like I said earlier......
Posted By: poppaj

Re: B1 question - 09/24/19 01:44 PM

We run the spacers, got a set from Chuck way back.
Are combo is a 557 cu.in. that makes over 900hp
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: B1 question - 09/24/19 03:34 PM

Good luck finding a set.

Maybe someone who has a set of these unobtanium spacers should send one to a good cnc shop to have some made. Might make a few bucks. Anybody here have or have access to a CNC mill? Andyf or M.D. you out there?
© 2024 Moparts Forums