Moparts

Mini-tubs....??

Posted By: USMCBuckWild

Mini-tubs....?? - 03/20/09 08:18 PM

I have a 74 Duster with stock location springs and factory sheetmetal. What do i have to do to mini-tub it? I believe I need 2 1/4 inches on each side. I know I have to move the springs as well, but i know how to do that. Any company that makes a tub or tub-kit that is a basic drop in for dummies like me?

THANKS!!
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: Mini-tubs....?? - 03/20/09 10:43 PM

You don't need no stinkin' kit. Just cut the stock wheel well down the middle and move it over to the frame rail. Add a strip of metal in between them and you're done.

You'll need to cut the bottom of the trunk hinge bracket off for clearance, then re-weld it to the inner tub once it's moved in. Sorry I don't have any pics of it, but I've had two cars done this way.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Mini-tubs....?? - 03/20/09 10:47 PM

how much clearens do you gain by mini tubbing and not moving in the springs
Posted By: codfish

Re: Mini-tubs....?? - 03/20/09 11:42 PM

Here's everything you need and then some. A weekend and some and you'll be good to go. Mine turned out good.
I relocated my springs to the inside of the frame rails, keeping the outside "wall" of the frame intact.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/wells.shtml

codfish
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Mini-tubs....?? - 03/21/09 03:37 AM

Or you can just bring it to me.If you don't heve the right tools it's a pain in the butt.Lenny
Posted By: USMCBuckWild

Re: Mini-tubs....?? - 03/21/09 03:48 AM

Well I appreciate all the help gentlemen. I am looking forward to attempting to do this properly. The car is at my uncle's body shop in Connecticut, and it's spread out all over the shop in the painting process. Hopefully, it's as easy as it looks and we can squirt the trunk and start slapping the little junk back together. Thanks again!
Posted By: Hillbillyracer

Re: Mini-tubs....?? - 03/21/09 04:26 AM

If you don't move the springs in I don't think you will gain anything by mini-tubing it.On my dart the tire is about as close to the spring as it is to the wheeltub
© 2024 Moparts Forums