Moparts

ValiantRich n S/S Final

Posted By: 11secdart

ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 05:40 PM

Good Luck Richie Kay in the S/S final at Epping got the bye into the Final
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 06:56 PM

Rich used to cruise with us when it was a 10 second street car! That car has come a long way in 30 years!

GOOD LUCK RICH!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 07:13 PM

Can anyone tell us more about his car?

Attached picture ValientRich.jpg

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 07:16 PM

Big inch small block ... I see he broke in the Final, great showing anyhow Rich... we were rooting for ya!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 07:23 PM

I created a large mural for his company back in the early 2000's. Great guy and nasty car. I believe RED used to wrench that car for him.
He was once behind me on the same lane in Maple grove. I was glad that he wasn't flanking me in the next lane when we pulled up to the tree. Embarrassed I would still be.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
Big inch small block ... I see he broke in the Final, great showing anyhow Rich... we were rooting for ya!

I doubt it is a "big inch" SB as the class is a weight per cube from 8.5-9.49 poiund per cube class. You can run a splayed or canted vavel head in BM but I'm pretty sure he still runs an inline W8 type deal. But could be wrong..

Cool car at any rate and rare to see an old muscle car running in a Modified class for sure. Congrats on the Runner Up for sure!!

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/07/19 10:00 PM

As far as I know Red ( a s/b guru) still builds the motors, and his brother crews on the car. I know for a fact its a small block I think the cubes are less than 400 inches. Maybe he will come on and post as he does occasionally. He has been driving well and the car is running well a Win is coming soon!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 02:14 AM

Good job! boogie

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 02:09 PM

If I had to guess I would say its a R3/W8 with a sheet metal 2x4 manifold with a couple of big Holly carbs

I would sure like to know more.

Is "RED" a member here?

Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 02:59 PM

I believe RED used to be on here, but even then it was rather seldom.
He's a local from Long Island who only smiles when his engines win.
He's an ace machinist at Shafiroff engines, but races a '62 Dodge Max Wedge tribute.

Oh by the way, he smiles when he see's my car and so does ValiantRich. LOL.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 03:52 PM

THAT CAR WAS BAD AZZZ SMALL TIRE CAR AT ONE TIME

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 04:55 PM

Pretty sure it has to be 400 cubes or less and will be a SB, at least that would be the norm for that class. When you said BIG CUBE I assume you meant 440" plus as that's seems to be the norm these days. Love to hear more from him about it, have friends that run the class and are under 370" gets heavy for sure

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 05:00 PM

Sorry I meant bigger than stock, typical Moparts pick apart every detail looking for mistakes.

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
Sorry I meant bigger than stock, typical Moparts pick apart every detail looking for mistakes.

Yeah that's me...
Posted By: theraif

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 05:21 PM

his car and that red daytona i love seeing them run

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/08/19 05:36 PM

R3/W8 380 cubes, he was after my R3 block but I finally used it. Videos of Richs Valiant and Scott Coves Daytona are on Classracer.com both impressive cars.
Posted By: ValiantRich

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/09/19 01:02 AM

Thank you all for all the kind words. The motor in the car now is 376" R3 W8 sheet metal intake with 2 Dominators. Weighs 3050 with me in it. It was running great until round 5 and I didn't want to hurt it in the final so I took the tree and drove down the track. It hurts to lose that way but it is still together and will race another day. I suspect a major vacuum leak, maybe sucked in the intake gasket.
Posted By: JMCarter

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/09/19 01:42 AM

Saw the tardy light and figured something was amiss. Your Valiant, Cotten’s Cuda, and Gove’s Daytona are three of my favorites. I’m running in S/S now and really enjoying it. Perhaps see you at Indy?

Attached picture A52460A1-26E2-454A-BFC9-1F2F900886A9.jpeg

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/09/19 02:02 AM

Not planning on Indy this year.

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/09/19 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ValiantRich
Thank you all for all the kind words. The motor in the car now is 376" R3 W8 sheet metal intake with 2 Dominators. Weighs 3050 with me in it. It was running great until round 5 and I didn't want to hurt it in the final so I took the tree and drove down the track. It hurts to lose that way but it is still together and will race another day. I suspect a major vacuum leak, maybe sucked in the intake gasket.

Thanks for the information!

I saw in another post you were going to skip Indy. Do you plan on any other national events this year?

I really enjoyed watching you make rounds on NHRA.TV

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/09/19 09:37 PM

I am entered in the National Event at Maple Grove in September.
Posted By: HOT IN AZ

Re: ValiantRich n S/S Final - 07/09/19 11:00 PM

Congratualtions Richard...Always loved that boxy A body going 8's. Rick Kolber
© 2024 Moparts Forums