Moparts

Speed Pro 2295 Pistons and Trickflow Heads

Posted By: Den300

Speed Pro 2295 Pistons and Trickflow Heads - 06/25/19 01:59 PM

Hello,
Does anybody know if the old Speed pro 2295 forged Pistons with the small dome can be used with Trickflow heads? 240 or 270 does not matter as they share the same chamber.
I ripped out two threads of my current Edelbrock RPM head. The ones without a heli coil inside. Just for the case it cant be repaired, I would buy me new heads for the next power Level.
Or maybe someone has experience how to repair the thread? I am afraid it is not possible to add a heli coil as it is too close to the oil passage?

thanks in advance!
Dennnis
Posted By: CSK

Re: Speed Pro 2295 Pistons and Trickflow Heads - 06/25/19 02:18 PM

Heli coil it & switch the head to the other side if you are concerned about blocking the oil flow

Re: Speed Pro 2295 Pistons and Trickflow Heads - 06/25/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by csk
Heli coil it & switch the head to the other side if you are concerned about blocking the oil flow

The problem is at passenger side. So blocking some at driver side is ok?
Assuming there are no additional problems at that side. I run a solid roller with full body lifters,
If that makes a difference.
Thanks!!!
Posted By: CSK

Re: Speed Pro 2295 Pistons and Trickflow Heads - 06/25/19 04:10 PM

It oils the rockers 2nd bolt from the rear on both left & right heads, the head is also drilled for oiling 2nd from the front but does not oil the rockers through that bolt hole, so you can put the heads on either side & it will still oil the rockers from the 2nd bolt from the rear, firewall side.

Re: Speed Pro 2295 Pistons and Trickflow Heads - 06/26/19 02:09 PM

Thanks! Forwarded the Info to my mechanic: lets see if it can be fixed up
© 2024 Moparts Forums