Moparts

Octane Adders Klotz

Posted By: sogtx

Octane Adders Klotz - 06/04/19 12:44 AM

Not keen on these but run hi comp on street
If not doin all out 1/4 mile , is this stuff ok ?
Heard good things
Specific gravity good equal to race gas .
Any experiences

Attached picture 78417C67-249B-472B-BCAF-56D8BB200279.png
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/04/19 12:45 AM

And also would assume hitrate ok with o2 sensors
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/04/19 12:54 AM

I used klotz octane booster on drag week. I bought race fuel at the track each day, but for the street Drive I used 93 octane pump gas with some Klots in it. I didn't drive it hard on the street, but I didn't want to have any issues. It worked fine in my 13.5 to 1 Hemi. I never heard it rattle once. Use a metal or glass measuring cup. It melted the plastic one.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...I_83O4gIVx7XACh1jLwX3EAQYASABEgJwPfD_BwE
Posted By: HDNMOPERS

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/04/19 12:57 AM

Check out Liquid Horsepower from Manhattan Oil
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/04/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I used klotz octane booster on drag week. I bought race fuel at the track each day, but for the street Drive I used 93 octane pump gas with some Klots in it. I didn't drive it hard on the street, but I didn't want to have any issues. It worked fine in my 13.5 to 1 Hemi. I never heard it rattle once. Use a metal or glass measuring cup. It melted the plastic one.

Probably uses acetone as the active ingredient. Most of them are mostly toluene or acetone. Google around and you can find a few recipes. Toluene is cheaper by the gallon than by the 16 oz can.

Kevin
Posted By: WFO

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/05/19 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twostick

Probably uses acetone as the active ingredient. Most of them are mostly toluene or acetone. Google around and you can find a few recipes. Toluene is cheaper by the gallon than by the 16 oz can.

Kevin

Yeah toluene and xylene are both legit octane boosters, but you have to mix a decent amount of them to get a real boost. They used to be the hot trick on the Turbo Buicks before the advent of methanol injection. A gallon of xylene, a cap of marvel mystery oil and 9 gallons of premium would keep the knock monsters at bay.
Posted By: coletrickle

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/05/19 09:12 AM

I don't know if its still avaliable Klotz fuel concentrate is mad stuff,couldnt buy it in australia.Had a little to do with it.Made big power and passed fuel check at NHRA.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/05/19 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twostick

Kevin

Guy would doubt that it uses acetone as an active ingredient. Because you only have to put in about a cup for a 15 gallon tank. If it was acetone I think you'd have to put in a lot more
Posted By: HDNMOPERS

Re: Octane Adders Klotz - 06/06/19 12:38 AM

Go to rbracing-rsr.com. Go under products and click on water injection. Scroll down 3/4 of the way or more. They have a good write up on Toluene mixing. Don't let being a motorcycle page fool you. These guys have big time experience with turbos efi water/methanol injection ect ect. They are bonneville guys. They know how to go wide open for a long ways and keep the rods in it. Their water injection pump and set up looks real good.
© 2024 Moparts Forums