Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout

Posted By: WHITEDART

Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 01:04 AM

Where's my signature at the bottom.. where's the picture of everyone's cars mad
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by WHITEDART

I took mine off when I saw others getting taken off. Mine must have still been up because it was from my Flicker account and not loaded from here. I loved seeing others cars and will miss it.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 03:27 AM

I don't care for it at all, I liked the active topic and seeing all the forums on one list.....
Posted By: BradH

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 04:20 PM

I see your sig...

"In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.33 looking for 20s "

... but no image.

wave
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 05:05 PM

It was just a software update. It had been 4 plus years since the ;last update. Seems whenever it happens people are unhappy. Some things get lost when it happens, you just need to reload anything that got deleted. Amazing how much people are resistant to any change, happens everytime anything around here changes.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
It was just a software update. It had been 4 plus years since the ;last update. Seems whenever it happens people are unhappy. Some things get lost when it happens, you just need to reload anything that got deleted. Amazing how much people are resistant to any change, happens everytime anything around here changes.

We are Mopar guys! whiney laugh2
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 05:47 PM

I miss the quick reply, can't scroll up and double check other comments while I am typing.

I just don't get everyones obsession with "change" and "updates" if something is working fine why mess with it? find something that is not working and fix that.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 06:03 PM

The part that SUCKS is that you have to scroll the screen back and forth on the phone. And no turning it sideways doesn't help. Not happy
Doug
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 09:07 PM

I get a security notice or someshit. IT has cut my useage. Moving the post to read across the page sux as well
Posted By: GY3

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 09:14 PM

I'm just glad I don't have to login once a week!
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 09:19 PM

Whiners! You guys should all go and buy Camaros.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/01/19 10:12 PM

Liked how it was better
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 12:26 AM

I just upgraded from Vista home premium to Windows 10 and then the: software upgrade on this forum,,,talk about a double horse kick to the shorts. up laugh2
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 02:06 AM

In another week or so you'll have all forgotten how the old site was. Anyone who's ever done a Windows update and a few weeks later looked at the old version has totally forgotten how it works.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 11:31 AM

I do miss the quick reply option with the multi quote capability but its not a giant loss. I do however like that we can now load larger pictures.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 04:53 PM

Like last update, we'll all get used to it... other than the mentioned quick reply, I have no problem with it... glad the sig pics don't show like before, some people don't know how to make them small and takes up the whole screen.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by dvw
The part that SUCKS is that you have to scroll the screen back and forth on the phone. And no turning it sideways doesn't help. Not happy
Doug

I'm not running into that at all on my phone. Honestly I barely noticed any change.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by dartman366
I just upgraded from Vista home premium to Windows 10 and then the: software upgrade on this forum,,,talk about a double horse kick to the shorts. up laugh2

Totally understand the windows update. We just went from windows 7 to 10. To say I'm not a fan would be an understatement. Thankfully I will retire in 9-11 months.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 05:35 PM

It's a big improvement from the way it was in 1995, though.

Who remembers the first board, with no separate categories....just one big mess ?

You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit smile
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 05:37 PM

I'm as averse to change as anyone when it comes to stuff like this...but I really only noticed visual stuff. I don't post pictures or video or crap like that. That may skew my results.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by cudatom
Originally Posted by dvw
Doug

I'm not running into that at all on my phone. Honestly I barely noticed any change.

I have the same problem on my laptop and when I try to change the settings I cant read the text because it gets too small.
I guess I will get it figured out but I hate having to change the way I do things shruggy

Gus beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 05:59 PM

the thing i miss, is the way pics display. it used to be if i clicked on a picture, it would display full screen on my pc.
now, it just displays the original pic size or smaller.
my old eyes liked the "before" setup. i used it a lot to see details.
don't know if there is a setting i can change on my end or not. anyone else have this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it ? [or is it not fixable ?]
beer
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61

J heads are the best invention since sliced bread,if you dont agree with me i hope you atleast understand the greatness we all know as purple cams in 383 SIXPACK HEMIs! panic

Ooh and i still havent got past that previously mentioned update.

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1Fast340
Originally Posted by justinp61

J heads are the best invention since sliced bread,if you dont agree with me i hope you atleast understand the greatness we all know as purple cams in 383 SIXPACK HEMIs! panic

Ooh and i still havent got past that previously mentioned update.

Amen, preach on brother!

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 06:53 PM

I like Purple Shaft cams so much I use a picture of one for my Avatar.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/02/19 10:34 PM

I only read the title. The passing of the Speed Talk's owner and its subsequent shut down for a few months, greatly increased my tolerance for a few oddities that still allow me to browse online basically for free. I don't mean that there will not be room for improvements, just don't want to do in the goose that layed the golden egg with petty stuff. twocents
Posted By: A727Tflite

The Clock - 04/02/19 10:54 PM

Is the time reporting correctly here - it’s 6:54PM here in metro Detroit.

Re: The Clock - 04/03/19 01:00 AM

How come I can't see my signature.. How will I know how fast I went shruggy

Re: The Clock - 04/03/19 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Transman
Is the time reporting correctly here - it’s 6:54PM here in metro Detroit.
.. Maybe what's the time in Russia.... stirthepot

Re: The Clock - 04/03/19 01:13 AM

Here you go. LOL.

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.33 looking for 20s

Re: The Clock - 04/03/19 01:56 AM

D
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Here you go. LOL... . Thanks John he helps me remember every time I post what I should actually be doing instead of what I'm doing

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.33 looking for 20s
Posted By: ProSport

Re: The Clock - 04/03/19 02:34 AM

I have a Samsung Note9 phone, Moparts works great on it. And when I turn the phone sideways the posts get narrower so I don't have to scroll left and right. I use the 'Chrome' browser.

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/03/19 01:34 PM

I don't dislike the new lay out at all, I like that when you select a different forum that you don't have to click a "go" button. If you reply to a thread and don't want to follow it you have to deselect "Add this thread to my Followed Threads". Maybe the old format was similar, I don't recall. I don't want to follow every thread I post in but I guess it's a wash for not having to click "go". grin

I posted in another thread about the new board that I wish we had the "go to first unread" button that left after the last update. Tom replied that when a thread was opened that contained unread replies that it would automatically open to the first unread reply. Not necessarily, my desktop will open to the first unread sometimes and my phone or Kindle never open to the first unread.

Merely my observations, not complaints. It's still the best free Mopar board on the net IMO, thanks Tom. up
Posted By: toddinNH

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/03/19 08:39 PM

At first blush I was unsure what the thread was about. I still easily find stuff here via Google.

I like the newer format. If the login script has indeed changed, that's a plus. Now for the analysis of the changes from a purely objective view.

The only time I dislike a website's change is when the powers that be add useless features in the name of progress. This website has typically been very fast to load, and the pages are light on bandwidth hogging images and scripts. If anyone thinks this site is heavy on the bandwidth usage, go to websiteoptimization.com and run the Unlawful's Race and Engine Tech. URL through the website tool. The site is pretty lean as far as modern websites are concerned. I do some work for clients moving to HTML5, and I can state with a wee bit of authority that MoParts.org is relatively clean and light. It is especially so when compared to most other sites that are reliant on ad revenue. The site's light on bandwidth, and I have zero issue following along. It's really pretty good. I would clean some stuff up, but I have to sell my junk to others.

If this resource was not here, where would MoPar loyalists go?

I very rarely post here as my junk is old(1992 engine build still works well enough for me with refreshes every few years), and I have few questions. I could answer some of what the membership body asks, but Polyspheric usually delivers the goods. I was a member here in the early 2000s, but have only recently gotten the bug again. My sentences are usually not so clipped, but I don't need backlash for being verbose. wink
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/03/19 09:01 PM

I never got used to the last supposed "update" I tried many times to finger out how to put up pictures to help others out but never could so I just resigned to the fact I can no longer post pics.

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/03/19 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I never got used to the last supposed "update" I tried many times to finger out how to put up pictures to help others out but never could so I just resigned to the fact I can no longer post pics.

Posting pictures from your phone got a lot easier and I haven't had an issue (except one posted upside down) with sizing yet. From my desk-top I usually post pictures from my Flicker account.
Posted By: W5DART66

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/04/19 01:32 AM

Hmmm

Attached picture F88AB143-16F8-4953-9D0E-6D82D7FF56F3.jpeg
Posted By: W5DART66

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/04/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by HotRodDave

Posting pictures from your phone got a lot easier and I haven't had an issue (except one posted upside down) with sizing yet. From my desk-top I usually post pictures from my Flicker account.

Pictures from phone do work easy 🙃
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/04/19 06:45 PM

I agree...something has to be done about the phone layout.

Attached picture Screenshot_20190404-134244_Chrome.jpg
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/04/19 10:29 PM

These are my two choices for how I view it...... holding the phone sideways, or up and down.

Both require scrolling left to right, or resizing to fit in the screen.

Resizing has to be done every time you open a new page.
I’m using an iPhone.

On the plus side, I can actually see pics I post from my phi dynoed, instead of a little white rectangle.

Attached picture 578B64F7-D75B-48BD-B257-7CB1E37A1982.png
Attached picture EB6D66C2-3A16-4778-8C5D-596A1F99E5BE.png

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/05/19 04:30 AM

Where is everybody signature How will I know how fast everybody's else went and what cars they own...

Attached picture 20190403_163734.jpg
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/05/19 12:07 PM

no one has mentioned the stickies, they are all light blue and I don't see any headings in them shruggy? is there a fix for this?

Gary?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Who dislikes the new unlawful race. Layout - 04/05/19 05:23 PM

I'm no expert but I think there is only one version of this site.
In other words, there's no mobile version of it.
It's not optimized for phone use.
We get what we get.

To make it easier:

Don't Google moparts.com or .org and click on the result.
If you do, it's going to open in your default browser which could be garbage.

Download a separate free browser app like opera, dolphin, Firefox,etc.
The Dolphin has been working well here lately.

Using the Dolphin browser app, type in moparts.org or . Com ....log in manually in it, zoom out and presto there's the whole screen.
Just as you'd see it on computer.
Heres how it looks.
The text is small but this is how it goes when there is no optimized mobile version of the site.
You have to zoom out to see the whole thing, but that screen stays zoomed out until you change it.

The black areas are only part of the picture, they don't actually show up on the screen when I'm viewing the site itself.

Give it a try.

Attached picture Screenshot_2019-04-05-13-22-31.png
© 2024 Moparts Forums