Moparts

New best . Video added

Posted By: WHITEDART

New best . Video added - 02/25/19 01:16 AM

Well unfortunately couldn't get it done because they had a bad accident they called the race because they weren't going to be able to get the track raceable in a timely manner.. however we made it to the semifinals and I think we were.. I think we had a reasonable shot at winning the whole deal.. actually set our new best at 5.33.. but I misplaced that time slip..but wanted to post one we actually had..we had to remove quite a bit of timing to make the car workable.. still finding our way with the chassis tuning.. we also got a new best 60 foot with a 1.190.. I think with some reasonable tuning the car is easily going to go deep in the 20s I wanted to thank Al for his help he is definitely the racepak guru.. . Had a great time hanging out with the Mopar community and hats off to Jay for stealing the show..

Re: New best - 02/25/19 01:17 AM

coffee

Attached picture 20190224_150542.jpg
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: New best - 02/25/19 01:39 AM

congrats, and keep up the good work. Birdtracker
Posted By: tubtar

Re: New best - 02/25/19 01:49 AM

That was a nice lap right there.
Was it more track , or car that caused you to pull timing ?
Posted By: Dart451

Re: New best - 02/25/19 02:24 AM

Wow Congrats and thanks for all the caltrac advice!! Any Videos?

Re: New best - 02/25/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By tubtar
That was a nice lap right there.
Was it more track , or car that caused you to pull timing ?
we had test and tuned at Irwindale on a normal Thursday night which has minimal prep at best.. we were running very soft on extension looking for extra hit for the crappy track

When we got there we decided the track was going to be good. We figured we would go all in on the tune up.. lo and behold I had forgot to change the shock settings to accommodate the extra hit and bite Quickly decided we needed to remove some Power to Go A to B.. we were actually topping out the extension on the leaf spring and unloading the rear tire about 40 feet out.. the leaf spring tops out well before the shock... we run Springs that are almost flat very minimal Arch..

Re: New best - 02/25/19 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By Dart451
Wow Congrats and thanks for all the caltrac advice!! Any Videos?
. I will try to get one up here tonight
Posted By: tubtar

Re: New best - 02/25/19 02:57 AM

Thanks. I will be on a steep learning curve when I get mine to the track this spring , and anything I can stuff in the data banks before I actually get out there and earn that confused look is going to be a plus. LOL
You definitely have your car well sorted.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: New best - 02/25/19 04:44 AM

Nice run , that's hauling a$$
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: New best - 02/25/19 04:53 AM

Thank you for cyber-bullying me into joining your lil clique... what a fun group! It was also fun to finally run at the legendary Irwindale. I can see why you guys like to play there. To be honest, the more I run 1/8th mile, the more I embrace it. I’ll be starting therapy tomorrow to not get pulled into pulling a 2nd mortgage to do some cool s##t to run with yiu guys.... laugh2 always a pleasure to hang out with you Shiloh!

Re: New best - 02/25/19 08:54 PM

Kind of a cool little side shot view of the rear tire and front tire on that pass. https://youtu.be/47ILUzXQmw4
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: New best - 02/25/19 09:30 PM

Flyin'!!!
Posted By: 360tripleblack77

Re: New best - 02/25/19 10:10 PM

This car is really cool! Congrats for your new best Shiloh!!!
Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: New best - 02/25/19 10:26 PM

you're a bad man mr shiloh. good work !!!
Originally Posted By WHITEDART
coffee
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: New best - 02/26/19 05:22 PM

Not much stall, the last video sounded more like it had a clutch!

Keep up the good work.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: New best . Video added - 02/26/19 07:13 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: New best . Video added - 02/26/19 07:41 PM

love that car, congrats
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: New best . Video added - 02/26/19 08:18 PM

I'm a fan. That Dart has enough scars written all over its underbelly and top coat to scare an army.
It has a presence just like a well seasoned albino Ninja.

Re: New best . Video added - 02/26/19 08:31 PM

I appreciate all the kind words and I have to admit you guys continue to drive me.. we actually have started on the new bullet working hand-in-hand with Brett on some crazy inline valve W8 deal.. should be very very interesting and quite a bit faster whistling.. actually same converter we were just leaving much lower than normal..
Posted By: 383man

Re: New best . Video added - 02/28/19 04:34 AM

Nice going. Congrats !! Ron

Re: New best . Video added - 02/28/19 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By 383man
Nice going. Congrats !! Ron
thanks ron
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: New best . Video added - 03/01/19 04:02 AM

Nice job, bet you got people talkin!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums