Moparts

MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ????

Posted By: n20mstr

MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/11/19 11:47 PM

Called on Nov 19th, ordered drop spindles and upper control arms. Paid in full.

As of today, NO product delivered, NO email answered, NO phone call returned.

Get an answering machine ??

About to just get the money back from my bank and buy the stuff from someone else
Posted By: jcc

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/11/19 11:57 PM

"MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ????"

The State of Magnum Force is Strong. work
Posted By: geo.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/11/19 11:58 PM

Staff too busy being on tv?

You're doing the right thing, they can't expect you to wait forever.

I'm sure someone will suggest a better source.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 12:33 AM

Not a good sign..........especially from a vendor that has been around a while.
Neigh on three months is not the kind of service I expect from anyone but an insurance company.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 12:39 AM

That's terrible Tony!! mad

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By geo.

The double adj upper arms, I don't see anyone else making them ?
Guess its stock stuff for another season lol
Posted By: Dragula

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 02:51 AM

They moved over the holidays....said they were way behind.
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By n20mstr
Originally Posted By geo.

Hotchkis has some nice ones but expensive, and I think RMS has a set similar to magnum force
Posted By: plycuda

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 03:40 AM

PST does them also
https://p-s-t.com/series-220348-pro-touring-adjustable-tubular-upper-control-arms.html#!model%3DDART%7C%7Cmake%3DDODGE%7C%7Cyear%3D1972
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 09:20 PM

[quote=geo.]

SPC?
Posted By: mopardude318

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 09:46 PM

I'm sorry you fell victim to that long haired rock star wannabe Ron character.

Give Bill at RMS a call.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 10:08 PM

Many moons ago, tried to do that to me..

CC company took his money, then he wanted to ship asap , told him thanks but no thanks .

I've 1st hand witnessed at least 4 of his front ends busted

I'll steer clear ( no pun intended ) of his products now and forever

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 10:10 PM

I put this on my Belvedere .. works, built, fits, etc --all fantastic

http://gerstsuspensions.com/products/

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By bigdad
I put this on my Belvedere .. works, built, fits, etc --all fantastic

http://gerstsuspensions.com/products/

Not sure anybody can dispute Bill at RMS was/is the longtime leader/innovator on quality aftermarket front ends for mopars. Only thing that bothers me more those without enough talent to design their own better"mousetrap", and then hide behind a copy, is someone who makes the mistake of copying a bad design.

I never stopped shaking my head on Bill's "upgraded" rear mopar 4 link suspension offering, and have seldom bit my tongue in that regard, but to resort to copying it, speaks volumes to me.

The comment above is in reference to the gerst rear 4 link suspension system.

While on the topic:

"A triangulated 4 link uses short and long control arms set at opposing angles to help keep the rear axle located and relies on a separate spring and shock for controlling travel over bumps and body roll control. Maybe a little better than leaf springs the 4-link still has issues with suspension bind in cornering as the upper and lower arms travel in different arcs. To compensate for this GM control arms are flimsy with rubber bushings to allow a lot of flex for a smoother ride but that means loose and lousy performance. When you make these arms solid and stiff plus add stiffer bushings it actually creates a worse bind situation and can cause a 4-link car to become more twitchy, less predictable, throw off the front suspension travel and lose traction everywhere."

http://www.speedtechperformance.com/inde...prod/prd613.htm

AND GM and Fox body's share a similar triangulated 4 link design mentioned above.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/12/19 11:06 PM

I put a Alterkation on my Valiant ..

They are similar but, the Geerst one .. IMO

Is nicer

And it was considerably less and Carl will answer any question you have at any time .. his customer service is top notch

So far been 126.5 mph with it and it drives perfect and aligned with ease everyone that looks at says is nice

so I can very easily compare and recommend
Posted By: GY3

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 12:46 AM

I take it you didn't investigate the experiences of others who had ordered from this company before you purchased?!

Seems to be a common theme...
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 01:43 AM

He sure does seem to have a nice website. At least he has that going for him.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 02:52 AM

Many moons ago, tried to do that to me..

CC company took his money, then he wanted to ship asap , told him thanks but no thanks .

I've 1st hand witnessed at least 4 of his front ends busted

I'll steer clear ( no pun intended ) of his products now and forever

Backing into a parking space and down ago the ground the car went.
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 05:17 AM

About to just get the money back from my bank and buy the stuff from someone else

I'm not a front-end Guru but would it be possible to get enough adjustment out of adjustable upper control arms to get things. Adjusted and low enough without using a drop spindle.. or would shock length become an issue I wouldn't think you would require much travel upfront
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 05:33 AM

The problem with some of these systems is the geometry is so far off parts bind up, then "BANG!".

I know that was the case with the POS AJE setup I had. It was so crappy you couldn't keep it from binding with 2" of travel.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 08:00 AM

Food for thought: If I were looking for something “trick” in a Mopar front suspension, I’d sure be talking to the super stock chassis guys before I’d talk to any parts peddlers that are clueless about what they sell.

Mandella, Keir and such have forgotten more about FAST Mopar suspensions that most will ever know.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART

I'm not a front-end Guru but would it be possible to get enough adjustment out of adjustable upper control arms to get things. Adjusted and low enough without using a drop spindle.. or would shock length become an issue I wouldn't think you would require much travel upfront

Upper control arms will fix it for sure. I wanted to get the Magnumforce ones that are double adj. But now so turned off im about to dispute the charge with my bank and get the money back that way.
I use as much front travel as I can get, control it with the shocks. I have Santuffs up front.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By cudadoug
Food for thought: If I were looking for something “trick” in a Mopar front suspension, I’d sure be talking to the super stock chassis guys before I’d talk to any parts peddlers that are clueless about what they sell.

Mandella, Keir and such have forgotten more about FAST Mopar suspensions that most will ever know.

In theory sounds good, BUT these guys usually don't hand that info out so easily. I have crawled under some SS Hemi darts and Cudas. You can tell that the front has been fudged with, but it does still look like "stock" parts as NHRA requires.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 03:50 PM

I know one example of a Gerst set-up in an A-Body that had flexing issues... tsk

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 04:04 PM

was it yours ?
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 07:48 PM

Most, if not all, tubular upper control arms are built with additional caster in them. The only real advantage of the MF double adjustable is they can be adjusted on the car without taking them apart. If you buy heim ended arms, you should be able to rough in extra caster over stock prior to assembly and use the eccentrics to finalize it. Once its set, you likely won't be changing it regularly anyway.

But, you could look also at SPC if you want the on car adjustability.
https://www.spcalignment.com/component/content/article?id=370

Other places sell the drop spindles too, like Firm Feel, PST, and probably a few others.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 10:03 PM

What do drop spindles do, I'm ordering the RMS or Gerst front end this week.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 10:05 PM

Drop spindles lower the front of the car
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/13/19 10:25 PM

Magnum Farce is the HARBOR FREIGHT of suspension components.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 01:09 AM

Drop spindles lower the front of the car

Thanks I thought if the spindles were dropped it would raise the car.
My bad.
I need taller front tires to get oil pan clearance.
So that's out. Thankyou

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By Frankenduster
Magnum Farce is the HARBOR FREIGHT of suspension components.

At their pricing? work

I was thinking more Bernie Madoff.

Actually I wish them no malice, but one has to admit, they got the "sizzle" and marketing happening.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 02:01 AM

Hey Tony, doesn't QA1 sell tubular A arms? on another note a friend of mine actually from your neck of the woods bought a MF tubular front end for his big block Dart years ago and had many problems with the installation. Its actually in another friends Dart now but again it took some mods to make it work.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 03:58 AM

Your deposit was spent on hair care products.....
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By AndyF

OMG...That was Funny!

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 07:27 AM

AND T-shirts that are a size or two smaller than he should be wearing.
Posted By: GY3

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 07:50 AM

Mopar Fabio! laugh2
Posted By: madscientist

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 02:52 PM

Damn you guys are BRUTAL! Truthful, but brutal.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 03:53 PM

Oh Andy.... so technical, so serious. Then this falls out! laugh2
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY

Oh Andy.... so technical, so serious. Then this falls out! laugh2

Was thinking the same thing Jay. had to do a double take on who posted it. LOL.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/14/19 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By 11secdart
Hey Tony, doesn't QA1 sell tubular A arms? on another note a friend of mine actually from your neck of the woods bought a MF tubular front end for his big block Dart years ago and had many problems with the installation. Its actually in another friends Dart now but again it took some mods to make it work.

QA1 does make tubular arms, upper and lower for that matter, but they are the bushing style upper arms. I believe MF, Hotchkis, and SPC are the only companies out there making units that can be adjusted on the car. One could make a set with swedged tubes and ball joint plates from the Speedway Motors catalog, but this would require changing the arm mounting style to a through stud arrangement like a GM.
Posted By: geo.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/17/19 02:29 AM

Does anyone know about a stamped arm(non adjustable)that's manufactured with the ball joint moved for more positive caster? I mean the OEM arm has no welds to fail!

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/17/19 02:53 AM

Your point is well taken. Contrary to what most, I believe feel, I am unconvinced ANY of the aftermarket UCA's offer improved rigidity over the OEM UCA, welds or not. Their main attributes are the better caster mentioned, and extra clearance for coil over options, IMO. And the cost of stamping an improved OEM UCA likely is not cost justifiable for our market just to gain caster.

Besides, om the quality UCA's, no welds have been reported to be failing in normal use.

I also am a believer one can improve typical aftermarket CA's for rigidity, case in point, Pic #7:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post1665054
Posted By: RThunder

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/17/19 05:33 AM

I talked to Magnum Force 2 weeks ago. They just moved from CA to NV. I bought an XRT suspension 6 years ago and just recently found out the sway bar arms were too short. They are supposed to be be calling me back with a price for the correct arms. Still waiting.... At that time they were just setting up new shop???

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/17/19 11:01 AM

Wonder if they moved to escape the BULLSHI* regulations and taxes of this state.
I'm no fan of this company but if they left for those reason, I applaud them. The assclow Liberal politicians here are chasing the middle class and the small business people away and they don't seem to either understand why or care.

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/17/19 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By RThunder
I talked to Magnum Force 2 weeks ago. They just moved from CA to NV. I bought an XRT suspension 6 years ago and just recently found out the sway bar arms were too short. They are supposed to be be calling me back with a price for the correct arms. Still waiting.... At that time they were just setting up new shop???

Moved ? And setting up a new shop ?
But they took my money three months ago and now act like ?? We dont have a shop set up now ? They wont even call me back.
I just called the bank and disputed the charge.
Ill buy the PST arms.
Magnum force never again...
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/17/19 05:13 PM

Wonder if they moved to escape the BULLSHI* regulations and taxes of this state.
I'm no fan of this company but if they left for those reason, I applaud them. The assclow Liberal politicians here are chasing the middle class and the small business people away and they don't seem to either understand why or care.

The Smith family (Pro Trans) just moved their business to Texas for many reasons you mentioned. I’ll miss not having them a few short hours drive away.
Posted By: JcodeCharger

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/19/19 07:11 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY

The Smith family (Pro Trans) just moved their business to Texas for many reasons you mentioned. I’ll miss not having them a few short hours drive away.

You and me both.

On another note. My back half was done by Hansens race cars and he has done many Superstock cars over the years (mine is set up like the Heli-Hemi Dart he did years ago) and he is pretty forthcoming about front end set up. Those cars are surprisingly stock. He has shared that, while being a gentleman about it, the stock Mopar technology is hard to beat. I used QA1 stuff on the front of my car and we aligned it like a stocker except we shortened the lower strut rod (its adjustable) slightly and achieved 8 degrees of caster with the car 1/4" off the bump stop. I am very happy with the quality of the QA1 front suspension.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: MAGNUM FORCE WHAT THE ???? - 02/19/19 04:41 PM

Quote:
the stock Mopar technology is hard to beat.

That's a well-known fact.
© 2024 Moparts Forums