Moparts

Shifter with rear exit cable?

Posted By: gsmopar

Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 04:08 AM

What are our options? I didn't find much on Summit and Jeg's. Thanks!
Posted By: dart9ss

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 04:48 AM

I made mine. tired of burning up cables.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 05:14 AM

PPP
I use them in both of my cars....I hate front entry cables, they hit everything.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 05:15 AM

PPP Shifters

https://precisionperformance.com/performance-shifters/
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 08:11 AM

My clean N PPP shifter is rear exit at shifter, rear entry at trans. Best shifter I’ve ever had.
Posted By: LAD 524

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
My clean N PPP shifter is rear exit at shifter, rear entry at trans. Best shifter I’ve ever had.

This ^^^
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 06:45 PM

I moved the shifter back by the seat so I need the cable to exit the front. The cable will not be very long, just a short cable that goes out of the shifter and up to the lever on the transmission. Maybe 30 inches long at most and it isn't going to hit anything.

Attached picture DSC_3302 (Large).JPG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 07:49 PM

I just took my TA shifter apart and flipped it around so the cable came out the back. Nice being able to buy a replacement cable at any boat shop.

Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/28/19 08:16 PM

I use PPP in my Demon and as soon as I get the extra cash the 73 Charger I just picked up is getting one to replace the Mr. Gasket or B&M ratchet shifter it has.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/29/19 04:19 AM

Same gate I had Andy.... and that mighty fine shifter would go 1-2 when I let go of the trans brake. Luckily there was a decent market for used ones!
Posted By: shorthorse

Re: Shifter with rear exit cable? - 01/30/19 06:17 PM

I love my PPP shifter. I believe the B&M Street Bandit model is also rear entry. Either way, the cable is out of the way of headers and starters and I don't worry about burning cables,,,again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums