Moparts

Carb linkage ?

Posted By: sixpackbee

Carb linkage ? - 01/22/19 07:29 PM

In uncharted waters again. Have a Hemi that is going to use an old Weiand TR. Sideways 4150's. What is a good throttle linkage kit to use. There are a few universal available. Just would like to be sure seeing they are good money for handful of parts. Thanks much.
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/22/19 07:33 PM

The Enderle is probably the easier and cheapest to use.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/22/19 07:33 PM

Probably the Buchillion (SP?) cable kit would be your best choice scope
I've used the Lokar kit once and know of several others that had a hard time also getting it adjusted the way they wanted them to drive and kick down shruggy
IHThs
Posted By: madscientist

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/22/19 07:38 PM

Evidently I read the OP's post wrong. I thought he meant the linkage and not the throttle cable side of it. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/22/19 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By madscientist
Evidently I read the OP's post wrong. I thought he meant the linkage and not the throttle cable side of it. Sorry for the confusion.

Oops, I misread it blush realcrazy That is what happens when I assume realcrazy
OP, the Enderle and several other ones not mentioned are excellent kits to use scope up
Summit list several good ones scope
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/23/19 02:06 PM

I had the Enderle kit on my sheet metal tunnel ram with 2 x 850's. I liked the kit. Easily adjusted. I had 1" spacers under my carbs so I bought a piece of aluminum hex stock, drilled and tapped it, for the rod from the intake bellcrank to the crossbar. I installed the crossbar mounts at the carb studs, but I've seen pics of them bolted to the top plate hardware.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/23/19 03:16 PM

Thanks guys. Ended up buying an Enderle. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully on the dyno in a few weeks.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/23/19 05:30 PM

If I had an odd application, I'd ask AndyF. If he doesn't make it, he's sure to have some ideas, and perhaps components?

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/23/19 10:07 PM

Enderle stocks a bunch of different lengths rods with the ends on them for manifolds that are taller or shorter than their shelf kits fit, same thing on the carb. rods scope up
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/23/19 10:52 PM

Starting from this early, you have a chance to modify how "nervous" the throttle is between idle and tip in by changing the geometry.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Carb linkage ? - 01/24/19 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By polyspheric
Starting from this early, you have a chance to modify how "nervous" the throttle is between idle and tip in by changing the geometry.

That's always just loads of fun,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!!!

Attached picture 10.13.15 carbs 001.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums