Moparts

ID this racer for me

Posted By: dfsmopars

ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 12:51 AM

Back in 2003 a few of us went to Bristol. Going through some pictures of that event. I got a few autographs. The picture is of me getting an autograph but I am drawing a blank on his name. Help me. I have not been interested in NHRA for many years so I am out of touch.

Attached picture 8770E62A-143D-44B2-AE8E-1AD96B7B7A92.jpeg
Posted By: cudachas

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 12:55 AM

Gary Densham
Posted By: dfsmopars

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 01:37 AM

Thanks. I’ll write it on the picture this time.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 01:55 AM

He was a heck of a racer, and helpful to everyone. I remember watching him rebuild his motors on the ground when he had a major failure. I'm serious he would roll the block around on a mat, kneel down and build it.

Props to JF for sponsoring him for a while.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 02:21 AM

Still racing, occasionally.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 03:12 AM

School teacher I think. He must be a PA teacher as we pay 💰 pretty good in this State.
Posted By: topside

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 03:19 AM

Densham, you could say, is Old School. Literally...

Gotta love & respect those guys that can do it all.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
School teacher I think. He must be a PA teacher as we pay 💰 pretty good in this State.

Me thinks he taught in the Los Angles school district, maybe in the Long Beach district confused
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 05:15 AM

Gary D is one of the true good guys you’ll ever meet at the racetrack! He still races, just mostly nostalgia stuff and it seems he keeps to the west coast side.

Last year at a nostalgia FC meet at Pacific, I was pitted straight across form him and spending the night at the track. He was out picking up around his pit and I took the opportunity to ask him about some of the differences between the nostalgia cars and the big cars. He stopped and talked with me about all sorts of stuff for about 10 minutes. Super nice guy.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: ID this racer for me - 01/15/19 05:18 AM

I believe he was a high school auto shop teacher and had some of his students crew for him most of the time he was racing. Guy's like 70 years old now.
© 2024 Moparts Forums