Moparts

Fuel pump time, recommendations please.

Posted By: Quickrunner

Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/16/18 09:15 PM

Ok, getting to the plumbing and subsystems stage of my build and need to decide on fuel system. The car, Holley dominator EFI controlled gen 3 hemi with 4.5 whipple that will be max at 1000-1100 hp on race gas most likely 20-22 psi max boost. and of course less on premium pump. Only piece of fuel system so far is standard rear mount aluminum fuel cell, no room in front. So would a big brushless rear mount pump be the way to go or 2 smaller staged pumps? Or belt driven front motor plate mounted pump? Or Cable driven? This is a drag week type street/strip 8 second car. Explain benefit of one type over the other and pump recommendations. The car will not ever be ran on alcohol, premium pump and race fuel only. Thanks
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/17/18 03:19 AM

Holley blue
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/17/18 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
Holley blue
haha
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/17/18 04:50 AM

Aeromotive Eliminator in-tank with Aeromotive PWM Speed controller
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/17/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By rumblefish72
Aeromotive Eliminator in-tank with Aeromotive PWM Speed controller

This is the one!!!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/17/18 08:45 PM

I would run two pumps, something big and nasty for the track and a smaller unit for the road, both in the tank if you can. Use your EFI to stage the pumps however you need them.

I run two 255LPH pumps and have the second one kick on at 3500rpm if the throttle is over %50. I am NA though and the second pump is mostly for redundancy but I am pretty close to maxing out one pump so I use it under those conditions.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/17/18 08:46 PM

I have done 6 drag weeks and there is mixed reviews about the pump controllers. I would use a fuel cooler in the return before I ran a controller.
Posted By: CJD AUTOMOTIVE

Re: Fuel pump time, recommendations please. - 12/18/18 04:03 PM

I'd recommend the Holley brushless pump. It comes with a voltage controller that can be integrated to the Dominator.

The brushless pumps don't have the issue's standard motor pumps have when voltage is reduced, they are unaffected. The Holley controller is simply a 6/12V voltage switch for the pump. The nice part is that at the lower voltage, your not pumping (heating) excess fuel to return to the tank.

You can set up a strategy in the Dominator to switch pump voltage based on whatever parameters you want, or any combination, i.e. boost, TPS %, etc...

I would think the VR1 should handle your power on gas. The VR2 is basically two VR1's joined together.
You can in tank mount the pump, I have a VR2 in my cell.
© 2024 Moparts Forums