Moparts

FST Carb

Posted By: madmax2

FST Carb - 11/22/18 08:43 PM

Hello!
Does anyone have experience or comments about these new carburetors?

Posted By: Mark Whitener

Re: FST Carb - 11/23/18 07:01 AM

Not available yet, they are just building the website to get the ball rolling. I have not seen any parts yet to know what quality they will be. If they go thru with it it will make Holley unhappy...
Posted By: BradH

Re: FST Carb - 11/24/18 07:19 PM

Never heard of FST until this post. I've since found there are a few videos online of varying lengths and levels of detail on their product line.

There are some interesting things shown, but not all of it makes sense to me. Example: Is there really a market for a 3-circuit traditional 4150 with 6-emulsion metering blocks?

Or maybe I misunderstood the descriptions of some of their carb series... confused
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: FST Carb - 11/24/18 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
Never heard of FST until this post. I've since found there are a few videos online of varying lengths and levels of detail on their product line.

There are some interesting things shown, but not all of it makes sense to me. Example: Is there really a market for a 3-circuit traditional 4150 with 6-emulsion metering blocks?

Or maybe I misunderstood the descriptions of some of their carb series... confused

People trying to reinvent the wheel.............My MOSTLY winning, best et's etc. come from very basic 1970's tune ups...........there, the "secrets" out...........lmao...........Monkey see, monkey do just like LS and GEN 3 swaps........... drinking
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: FST Carb - 11/24/18 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By BradH

People trying to reinvent the wheel.............My MOSTLY winning, best et's etc. come from very basic 1970's tune ups...........there, the "secrets" out...........lmao...........Monkey see, monkey do just like LS and GEN 3 swaps........... drinking

Building another BBM is monkey see monkey do, I would venture its safe to say its been done more times than a GenIII swap. So have 1970s double pumper carbs.

All kiding aside if I ever need a holley carb worked on I will be in contact with you. I have actually got two right now I been thinking about contacting you about fixing as I am about to give up.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: FST Carb - 11/24/18 08:41 PM

Trust me when I say I've done more street/strip testing in the last few years to wear my junk out and I NEVER see the need for more than 2 e-holes so far from dragsters, truck pullers, boats, drag week etc. But I use a certain BLP booster with 12 .059 holes and as Mark W. has said, he uses 3 smaller .020-.021 and more/smaller holes in his boosters. When I've added a 3rd e-bleed the carbs go dead rich and the curve is not as flat as with 2 all day every day on MY junk and in carbs now all over the globe..........Some days it's taking candy from a baby easy and others, drive my crazy as even deeper into what the hell just happened there........... beer Same for 3-circuits, never seen a need yet at 1100+ hp and n/a 8-second et's and recently I converted a BLP 1.720 bore 3-circuit 1050/1200 for a BB Chevy dragster who was going 4.80-4.81 w/a 1.10 60 ft. who now goes 4.60 and a 1.06 60 ft picking up 3 mph...... work
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: FST Carb - 11/25/18 07:44 AM

hi ,

well i still aint givin up my 3 bbl !
Posted By: racerx

Re: FST Carb - 11/25/18 05:58 PM

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/new-fst-carburetors-tested-dyno/

thought I'll past it here if anyone what's to read.
Posted By: BradH

Re: FST Carb - 11/25/18 10:28 PM

I expect there will be big ads in Hot Rod for FST products now...
© 2024 Moparts Forums