Moparts

Indy -1 porting

Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Indy -1 porting - 11/16/18 01:46 PM

Getting my Indy -1 heads ported. So far things are just pretty well roughed in. Typical to Indy they were very inconsistent every where. Looking much better now. See where we end up from here. He was a bit concerned on the lower intake port as it dips down in the quick radius area. He is debating if it will change much to epoxy that area up to make a smoother transition there. Any input from others would be great.
See ya, Ken

Attached picture IMG_1345.PNG
Attached picture IMG_1346.PNG
Attached picture IMG_1347.PNG
Posted By: rebel

Re: Indy -1 porting - 11/16/18 09:13 PM

i had Larry Smith port my current set of -1's. they flow 386@750 with no epoxy in the ports. I'm happy with how they turned out. My home port set i have flowed 360@650, surprising how much difference between the 2 sets of heads 26 cfm can make.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Indy -1 porting - 11/16/18 09:39 PM

Who is doing the port work?
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Indy -1 porting - 11/18/18 03:02 PM

A local guy named Tim Bowser. He does alot of dirt track guys here in there area. Will have John Cadamore check them for flow hopefully when they get done. Just was looking to get them cleaned up, but he saw more potential in going to the next step.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Indy -1 porting - 11/18/18 03:35 PM

It’s reall hard Ken to evaluate head porting jobs by looking at pictures. Soft lighting helps but it’s nothing like seeing them up close and running your fingers through them. I’m sure we can find time to throw one on my flowbench for you over the Winter to check it out. I want to see that Daytona making passes again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums