Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 06:59 AM

https://youtu.be/Y1GLgetUe9Y
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 07:15 AM

up up cool
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 07:21 AM

Pretty neat.
Will you be able to tell how much hp a transmission uses or how efficient it is? I’m curious how much hp a 46 RH/RE uses compared to a regular 727 or comparable autos
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 09:43 AM

Good deal, not many of those around
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 10:38 AM

Dyno or test stand ?
Posted By: racerx

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Pretty neat.
Will you be able to tell how much hp a transmission uses or how efficient it is? I’m curious how much hp a 46 RH/RE uses compared to a regular 727 or comparable autos

x2 ….it say dyno work
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 03:13 PM

Good luck with the new tool!Have you made a data collection sheet?I am sure the list will get longer over time.

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 03:44 PM

H
Originally Posted By racerx
Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Pretty neat.

x2 ….it say dyno work

I know what it said - looks like just a test stand/run-in stand - the same ones we use in the Reman trans programs.
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 04:20 PM

Would the unit shift on its own if it was attached to the load device?
Posted By: CRT

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By Transman
Dyno or test stand ?

Test stand / dyno. Call it what u want.

Attached picture 20181109_083633.jpg

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 04:40 PM

In the industry it's not called a test stand. But that's what it does. Tests the transmission operation. Its known as a trans dyno.

https://www.superflow.com

call it a trans dyno.

My car says Dodge but I call it a Mopar.

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 04:44 PM

Jasper, Certified, all the large Reman shops use a test stand to spin test the trans. They look similar to this one.

If a simple hydraulic unit (727 with governor for example) it would shift on its own.

Manual shift units need to be manually shifted. Electronic units need the electronics to perform the shifts.

I’m not minimizing Copes stand, just asking a question.

A trans dyno controls input torque and measures output losses - very exoensive units that only the OE’s normally have. Not normally needed for shops building transmissions.

If driven with an electric motor with a torque transducer on the output then it could measure losses, etc., maybe that’s what Cope has ?

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By CRT
In the industry it's not called a test stand. But that's what it does. Tests the transmission operation. Its known as a trans dyno.

https://www.superflow.com

👍
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 04:45 PM

Good for you, it always feels good to add some useful equipment!

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 08:20 PM

From the Axiline Website link you provided :

SuperFlow's Axiline and Hicklin transmission test stands cover the complete range of light-duty, medium-duty, heavy-duty and cross drive transmissions on the market today. With solutions for everything from passenger cars to the M1 tank and features like mechatronic shift controls, no-hassle precision aligment tooling and the available WinDyn Data Acquisition and Control system for fully automated tests and reports, SuperFlow transmission dynos are the only choice of the top transmission remanufacturers world wide. Check out or custom testing solutions page for examples of custom transmission test stands we've built for heavy duty cross drive dynos and full AC regenrative test stands.

All 5 reman transmission remanufacturers i have dealt with over the last 25 years call them either test stands, or for the newer units with electric motors running the input an ETM's - Electric Test Machine.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 08:36 PM

Buddy of mine who builds transmissions built one some years ago using a BB Cheby and a brake affair on the output to load it. Said it's turned out to be invaluable for any number of reasons. I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 08:52 PM

Very cool, John. I'm sure many customers will appreciate having their transmissions tested before receiving ,especially those not local to you. Will that be a standard service or an option?

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By Transman

From the Axiline Website link you provided :

SuperFlow's Axiline and Hicklin transmission test stands cover the complete range of light-duty, medium-duty, heavy-duty and cross drive transmissions on the market today. With solutions for everything from passenger cars to the M1 tank and features like mechatronic shift controls, no-hassle precision aligment tooling and the available WinDyn Data Acquisition and Control system for fully automated tests and reports, SuperFlow transmission dynos are the only choice of the top transmission remanufacturers world wide. Check out or custom testing solutions page for examples of custom transmission test stands we've built for heavy duty cross drive dynos and full AC regenrative test stands.

All 5 reman transmission remanufacturers i have dealt with over the last 25 years call them either test stands, or for the newer units with electric motors running the input an ETM's - Electric Test Machine.

FINE its a test stand

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/09/18 09:44 PM

No problems John, was wondering if it was a dyno, per my original post/question as I have a need for someone that can test some things to reduce parasitic loss internal to the trans.

I’ll Have to do it the hard way, in a car.
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/10/18 12:58 AM

When PTC does my tranny I get a card with test stand results. Nice to know it works before I put it in the car and take it out.

IMO a good thing.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/10/18 02:35 PM

Nice to know you have this unit. Gives a new customer confidence, should boost business.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Got a Transmission dyno for the shop - 11/10/18 04:13 PM

Very nice tool. Takes a little longer to get the product done and shipped, but dramatically cuts down on customer problems. Nice to be certain, that when you perform a service for someone, that they will be happy with it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums