Moparts

Made it to the track yesterday.

Posted By: 383man

Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/21/18 11:52 PM

My son and I drove the 45 miles to Cecil yesterday and ran in an NSS race. Bummer was they only ran 1/8 because they could not get the end of the track dry enough and I am not a lover of 1/8 mile. But we had a great time and my son won some money as he made it to 6 cars when they called it after dark and the track was seeping water. He ran in the 7.20's which is 11.40's for him as his best ever is 11.41. I had some strange problem with my car after the second time run but I got it fixed and ended up running a 6.92 @ 99 in the 1/8 which matches a 10.87 time slip I have from the 1/4. And my car normally runs 10.80's with 10.70 only on very good days. Here are the video's of first time run as I am the last pair in the first video at the 2: 20 mark and my son is the first pair in the second video. I enjoyed watching my son do good and have fun. I ran out the first round with my 6.92. Ron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc54Okgd...ICKLAAUNaxQaztA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REUvTsvP...wsRQiCD7LGRpM5A

Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/21/18 11:58 PM

Looks like fun!

It's been so long I think I forgot how to drag race laugh
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 12:40 AM

Bunch of old Mopars out there. Sweet!
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 12:41 AM

Ironic.. I went to a Nostaglia race at Island last Sunday, I was staging for third round and a car spit out the driveshaft and took out the trans top end same thing sun down already , cool breeze, long clean up track operator decided to call the event. Never been to Cecil County hope to go November 3rd for the final index race to run 11.50 index a couple guys talked me into going hope the weather cooperates. Always fun racing this time of year with cool weather but it can be a deterrent also . Good you had a fun time anyway, your 63 is so cool!
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 01:14 AM

That's awesome, Ron . So cool for you to spend the day drag racing with your son. I'm still hopeful that one day my boys will take interest in cars and can do the same. The 63 is haulin the mail as usual!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 01:16 AM

Great to hear you got out racing. It’s always fun watching our kids go rounds and getting in the money rounds.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By ZIPPY
Looks like fun!

It's been so long I think I forgot how to drag race laugh

Ha, I was thinking the same thing!
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 03:54 AM

Glad to see you had a track day, better yet with your son
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 04:36 AM

Thanks for sharing the vids Ron!
Posted By: tex013

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 05:10 AM

good stuff Ron
Tex
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 05:13 AM

Cool videos. Glad you got to go have some fun.
I don't know that I've seen that many '66 Coronets at large car shows, let alone a race. Lol.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 03:56 PM

glad you and your boy had a great time together, ron ! also shows your combination in that 63 is well thought out, and still lives up to it's reputation !
beer
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: Made it to the track yesterday. - 10/22/18 04:03 PM

I raced the first nss race at Cecil this year. It was a good time. Seamed to be run well. Some of the cars that showed up did not really fit the rules at least how I read them. End of the day I came home with some money going out in the semis.
© 2024 Moparts Forums